Sadaqalah Hul Azeem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadaqalah Hul Azeem

Whenever a surat from Quran is recited ... 'Sadaqalah hul azeeem' is recited in the end.

I would want to know why is it said? When this tridition started? And who started it?!

Does Hazrat Muhammad (saw) used to recite this whenever he would recite Quran, or is it something that became a tridition afterwards! Did any Sahaba (ra) started this tridition?
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

AoA, its an INNOVATION !!!

fatwa-online.com

All Praise is for Allaah, the One, and prayers and salutations upon His Messenger, his family and his companions. To proceed:

The saying of "sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after finishing reading of the Qur.aan is an innovation. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) did not do this and nor did the Rightly Guided Khulafaa., nor any of the (other) Companions (radhi-yallaahu 'anhum) and nor the Imaams of the (Pious) Predecessors (rahima-humullaah). This being with their vast reading and assistance in spreading it's (the Qur.aan's) message and knowing it's rulings. So the saying of this and adhering to it after finishing the reading (of the Qur.aan) is an innovation. It has been confirmed on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) that he said:

((Anyone who introduces something into this matter of ours (i.e. Islaam), that which is not from it, will have it rejected)) - this (narration) is agreed upon (by both Imaam al-Bukhaaree and Imaam Muslim).

And in another narration:

((Anyone who does an act which is not in agreement with us, then he will have it rejected)) - narrated by Muslim.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

Comment

Thank You Sadia!

I believe the same! Saying 'Sadaqallah hul Azeem' is a bidat.

If someone knows of any Hadiths or any other refrence please share it with us here!

Do you know why saying it is so wide spread & who started it?
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

so what about the "bismillah ar'rahma nir'rahim", is it an innovation to Quran or is it a part of that revelation?

Comment

>>>'Sadaqalah hul azeeem'<<<

Can someone translate that for me?

Comment

raaj my friend,

You will find that the statement "Bismillaah Ar-Rahmaan Ar-Raheem" is in fact the first verse of the Qur'aan.

sister GFQ,

It literally means, "A great charity of Allaah."

&peace

Comment

3:95

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "All‚h has spoken the truth; follow the religion of Ibr‚him (Abraham) Hanifa (Isl‚mic Monotheism, i.e. he used to worship All‚h Alone), and he was not of Al-MushrikŻn."

According to the book i came across, it literally means "Allah the Supreme has spoken the Truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:
                >>>'Sadaqalah hul azeeem'<<<

Can someone translate that for me?

GFQ
                "sadaq" means truth
                Allah
                "Al-Azeem" means great(Azmat wala)

Comment

Alright, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Despite the fact that it may have been introduced after the time of the Prophet (saw), whats truly wrong with reciting it after the completion of a surah?

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:
                    Alright, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Despite the fact that it may have been introduced after the time of the Prophet (saw), whats truly wrong with reciting it after the completion of a surah?

Surahs were recited at the time of Mohammad(saw), we have to see whether this kind of sayings followed right after the surah's were finished. And answer to that is no. So, it is a innovation made to praise a surah on a particulare moment. Off course you can say allah is great, and such statements but when you make it obligatory to say it right after surah is finished then it becomes sort of law which was never transfered over to us by teachings of Mohammad(saw) or his companions.

------------------
                    "I am not playing with a full deck!"

Comment

GFQ,

Correction!! : sorry i made a mistake with the translation. I confused sadakah for sadaq.

It means "The great truth of Allaah."

apologies ...

----------------
                      " No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
                        I believe the same! Saying 'Sadaqallah hul Azeem' is a bidat.
                        What is a bidat?? Can any one explain (ahmadjee)?

------------------
                        • ďna maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!Ē
                        Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

As GFQ said, there is nothing wrong with uttering the expression as such. Its a mere statement testifying to Allahs SWT eternal truthfulness.

Innovations that distort the original meaning or way of an act are prohibited. However, additions or inclusions that do not interfere with the main act, or do not change its meaning in anyway are not disallowed.

After rukoo, standing up, muslims utter Rabbaba lakal hamd, as taught by the Prophet SAW. However, once while leading a prayer, when Prophet SAW announced sami-Allaho liman hamida, someone in the congregation uttered the phrase Rabbana walakal hamd-Hamdan kaseeran tayyaban mubarakn feeh.
                          After the prayers, the Prophet SAW asked as to who had uttered that phrase. The companion for fear that he had said something wrong, kept quiet. The Prophet SAW asked thrice, and still the sahabi did not come forward. Then the Prophet SAW pronounced that when that phrase was uttered, he saw 13 angels descend, hurriedly trying to write down that phrase, in an attempt at being the first one to take it back to Allah SWT, since they liked the phrase so much. Thats when the sahabi finally stood up and admitted that he was the one who had uttered that phrase. And Prophet SAW, from thereon, used both these phrases in his prayers.

The point is, first of all, we need to be clear on the concept of a bidda'a. Then we need to see what purpose a certain 'addition' is accomplishing. If its contributing towards changing the meaning of what we are saying, then its obviously wrong. If it doesnt harm anything, then well, its not wrong.

I guess the only hard and fast rule that comes out of this is, that though there is nothing wrong with the phrase 'sadaq Allah hul Azeem', it should not be passed on as a compulsory addition to the end of one's Qiraat.
                          Allah SWT knows best.

Comment

>>>I guess the only hard and fast rule that comes out of this is, that though there is nothing wrong with the phrase 'sadaq Allah hul Azeem', it should not be passed on as a compulsory addition to the end of one's Qiraat.<<<

I agree with that.

Also Thanks Akif for the complete phrase "Rabbana wa-lakal hamd-Hamdan kaseeran tayyaban mubarakn feeh."

Comment

GFQ,

I had been told to leave the Islamiyat class when my tilawat didn't end with 'Sadaqallah Hul Azeem'

My argument with the Principal, to whom I was reported afterwards, didn't go quiet far, as he ... just like most others ... believed that the phrase is 'required' .

Very few would understand it as Akif bhai has explained. Most still consider it some form of ... mandatory tridition!
                              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                              X