Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5. Al-Mâ'idah

5:51-5:57

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliy' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliy' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliy', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allh guides not those people who are the Zlimn (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust).

And you see those in whose hearts there is a disease (of hypocrisy), they hurry to their friendship, saying: "We fear lest some misfortune of a disaster may befall us." Perhaps Allh may bring a victory or a decision according to His Will. Then they will become regretful for what they have been keeping as a secret in themselves.

And those who believe will say: "Are these the men (hypocrites) who swore their strongest oaths by Allh that they were with you (Muslims)?" All that they did has been in vain (because of their hypocrisy), and they have become the losers.

O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islm), Allh will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allh, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allh which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allh is AllSufficient for His creatures' needs, AllKnower.

Verily, your Wal (Protector or Helper) is Allh, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salt (Iqmat-as-Salt), and give Zakt, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allh in prayer).

And whosoever takes Allh, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allh will be the victorious.

O you who believe! Take not for Auliy' (protectors and helpers) those who take your religion for a mockery and fun from among those who received the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before you, nor from among the disbelievers; and fear Allh if you indeed are true believers.

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

5:83-5:86

And when they (who call themselves Christians) listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses.

"And why should we not believe in Allh and in that which has come to us of the truth (Islmic Monotheism)? And we wish that our Lord will admit us (in Paradise on the Day of Resurrection) along with the righteous people (Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Companions radhiallahu'anhu)."

So because of what they said, Allh rewarded them Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), they will abide therein forever. Such is the reward of gooddoers.

But those who disbelieved and belied Our Ayt (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they shall be the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire.

Comment

5:90

O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, AlAnsb[], and AlAzlm (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitn's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 7, Book 67, Number 407:
      Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said that he met Zaid bin 'Amr Nufail at a place near Baldah and this had happened before Allah's Apostle received the Divine Inspiration. Allah's Apostle presented a dish of meat (that had been offered to him by the pagans) to Zaid bin 'Amr, but Zaid refused to eat of it and then said (to the pagans), "I do not eat of what you slaughter on your stonealtars (Ansabs) nor do I eat except that on which Allah's Name has been mentioned on slaughtering."

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494v:
      Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

5:91-5:93

Shaitn (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allh and from As-Salt (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?

And obey Allh and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and beware (of even coming near to drinking or gambling or AlAnsb, or AlAzlm, etc.) and fear Allh. Then if you turn away, you should know that it is Our Messenger's duty to convey (the Message) in the clearest way.

Those who believe and do righteous good deeds, there is no sin on them for what they ate (in the past), if they fear Allh (by keeping away from His forbidden things), and believe and do righteous good deeds, and again fear Allh and believe, and once again fear Allh and do good deeds with Ihsn (perfection). And Allh loves the gooddoers.

Comment

Thank you Sadiaa...but I don't that the meaning of Auliy' is friend. I'm not quite sure so please help.

------------------
        • na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!
        Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Originally posted by Ali_R:
          Thank you Sadiaa...but I don't that the meaning of Auliy' is friend. I'm not quite sure so please help.

AoA, sorry my bad..

Auliya: friends, helpers, protectors

Comment

Working...
          X