Souls of those who've passed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souls of those who've passed on

awright, this was brought up after Nazia Hasan's 'Boom Boom' was played. ke guzrey hoey insaan ki rooh ko takleef pohunchti hai..

The focal point of the argument was to skip the track as she already having passed would indirectly cause 'gunaah ki baat' to the soul. Similar to the lines of however a person may have been in their lifetime, but when they've passed there's no point remniscing the bad they did (heck one shouldn't talk bout other's burrai when they're alive..)

but then again, music isn't technically allowed either..so where do you start and where do you end this?

any thoughts, suggestion or quotes?

thanxos muchos nachos with cheesos.

Elmo bhai,

I must confess, i don't know who Nazia Hasan is. But from your post it sounds as though she was some kind of musician or singer.

Anyway, that's besides the point.

ke guzrey hoey insaan ki rooh ko takleef pohunchti hai..
    The only pain the soul will suffer, is that in the grave, for sinful acts he/she engaged in during the life of this world. Words uttered by people, following ones death, do not effect the soul of the deceased in any way.

However, with regard to your question and that whether it is permissible to speak ill of a person following his/her death, then this is a broad topic. If he/she was indeed a clear sinner, then it depends to what extent they displeased Allaah and whther becuase of the practices of that individual, he/she now has a following or support of some sort. In this case, becuase the act was haraam, then his/her fans need to be clearly warned.

However, this warning needs to be carried out by wisdom. Remember, it is the evil actions of the person to which the objections need to be related with, and not the person himself/herself.

Nevertheless each situation is unique, and we need to look at it in its own right. However, even after saying all this, there is a hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) tat mentions not to speak ill of the deceased and what he/she did in this world is now between him/her and Allaah. I'm sorry i paraphrased, and don't have the reference for this with me.

.... and Allaah knows best.

regards

-----------------
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

Originally posted by Elmo with headphones:
      awright, this was brought up after Nazia Hasan's 'Boom Boom' was played. ke guzrey hoey insaan ki rooh ko takleef pohunchti hai..

The focal point of the argument was to skip the track as she already having passed would indirectly cause 'gunaah ki baat' to the soul. Similar to the lines of however a person may have been in their lifetime, but when they've passed there's no point remniscing the bad they did (heck one shouldn't talk bout other's burrai when they're alive..)

but then again, music isn't technically allowed either..so where do you start and where do you end this?

any thoughts, suggestion or quotes?

thanxos muchos nachos with cheesos.
      AoA, the deceased would definitely be suffering in his/her grave for their deeds in Dunya and disobeying Allah (SWT). Music itself is forbidden, well atleast the modern day music is for sure. For a moment, forget the deceased, think about what we could be going thru in our graves for disobeying Allah (SWT) by listening to music and transgressing the bounds set by Allah (SWT).

We all know for a fact that music isn't allowed. So why not just quit listening to it, repent for us sinful deeds as well as for the deceased and ask for Allah's (SWT) guidance.

Comment

Working...
      X