X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope and Tears - a letter

Brothers/sisters-in-Islam

Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu

Read below – an American Muslim sister teaches us a practical lesson.

Salaams and request for Du’aas.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
    FATWA DEPT.

This past Saturday, I was visiting a close friend's grandparent in
    Bloomery, West Virginia. It was a short, peaceful, visit. I was the only
    Muslim with the hijab among my group of close friends.

On our way home, we stopped by a Country Buffet Restaurant for dinner.
    I was alert, cautious, and aware of my surroundings...we pre-paid for
    our food and headed to the buffet. Ten minutes after we settled into our
    seats, the waitress leaned by our table with what appeared to be our
    money and receipt. We assumed they were going to kick us out.

Although, what occurred in the next few moments was what I believed to
    be the blessings and mercy of Allah. She told us on behalf of the
    restaurant, they wanted to pay for our entire meal and give us a total
    refund. They were very sympathetic of the innocent lives. The waitress by
    her own personal expressions, was also sympathetic to the Muslim
    Community and did not want to see any more innocent lives lost due to war. What
    struck me the most, that brought tears to my eyes, were her tears. She
    told me she was proud that I had the courage and strength to come out
    and wear the appropriate veil.

This experience gave me a sense of encouragement in the midst of crisis
    and confusion. There are many who are compassionate and understanding.

Subhaan'Allaah! That was beautiful!

Jazaakillaah khair for posting that sister.

Wassalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatahu.

--------------------
    "No leaf forms except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

Comment

My Dear Quraysh Girl,

Yours is a good fairy tale, for narrating little Muslim children at night hrs, especially these days when Islam is being fingered at.

These types of letters are a good fantasy work but what is constructive in bringing it on this forum, may you enlighten us?

Rgds

Comment

Anand

If the above letter is truly fantasy and not fact, then maybe you have hit the nail on the head.

Are you stating that ALL Americans are Racially motivated, Stereotyping Profilers who Prejudice the whole of the Non Caucasian Non Christian Faiths and Races? They are not capable of differentiating between individuals and whole communities!

Equality does not exist in America and furthermore, neither does it exist in Christianity and Judaism.

With your comments, you have just pushed America back into the Civil Right Unrest period and possibly back into the Slavery Era.

Well done.

The Klu Klux Klan would be proud of you as it's member!!

Whether the above is actually the figment of ones imagination or not remains to be seen.

What you seem to forget is, whether you are Hindu or not, the ignorant are still going to label and attack you, providing you look Indian/Middle Eastern.

Please don't fool yourself into a false sense of security.

Maybe the Taliban (yellow badge) system would come in handy in America for you now. Either that or bleach your skin.

Just ask the Sikhs!!!!!

Comment

Thank Girl from Quraysh... It is nice to hear that we still have people who know how to treat others humans...

And we have one example of people with no brains 'Anand'... I feel sorry for you Anand... you poor thing.

Comment

Applause to GFQ for bringing this letter to this forum. I also got this letter in my email.

I am a member of Young Muslims Canada which in turn is a division of Young Muslims (north america). I have had the privilege of being close to the coordinators of the Young Muslims of Canada and we've seen these kinds of kind words from many non-muslims. But we have also received hate mails and threats from some as well. So I know that the authenticity of this letter is true. We've received letters of support from many non-muslim individuals and organisations in the past few weeks. Now is the time when we should seize these kinds of moments and let these people know what true Islam is.

Sholay bhai, don't mess around with Anand ji cuz he doesn't seem to understand the purpose of this thread even though it is very clear. For his satisfaction, what GFQ was trying to convey is that there are also people like those in the said restaurant in the US who do not discriminate against the Muslims just because the accused were allegedly Muslims. It proves that there are people who don't stereotype Muslims as being terrorists.

Quoting The Game, if I may:

People that is All!

[This message has been edited by Simply_Human (edited September 27, 2001).]

Comment

I have always argued that Islamic ideology has a vast scope for producing killers and suicide squads in comparison to other religions.
              It does not mean that all Muslims are bad or inhuman.

What can be the truth in an email letter being sent for propaganda reasons, and there is no logic in the gossip story.
              This is what I enquire!

And off course I would like to know what is very constructive in this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by anand:
                My Dear Quraysh Girl,

Yours is a good fairy tale, for narrating little Muslim children at night hrs, especially these days when Islam is being fingered at.

These types of letters are a good fantasy work but what is constructive in bringing it on this forum, may you enlighten us?

Rgds
                You are not human. You are a racist and a supporter of Islam hatred.

GfQ thank you very much. Just ignore him.
                I think this is a wonderful account.
                May ALLAH (swt) bless every Muslim on earth..Amin.

------------------
                “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
                Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

A very moving article GFQ..

Originally posted by anand:
                  I have always argued that Islamic ideology has a vast scope for producing killers and suicide squads in comparison to other religions....
                  And off course I would like to know what is very constructive in this topic.
                  and what is the extent of your knowledge regarding the Islamic ideology for u to be making such judgement calls?

And the constructive part of this topic is reserved for those who can see it. When blinded by hatred and prejudice, its impossible to even see a jumbo jet headed towards u.

Comment

Masha'llah. Allah rewards one for the the small deeds tremendously.
                    Ahmad G
                    Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Anand,

Fairy tales are always nice, while reality is a mixture of joy, sorrow, ugliness and beauty; whether we'd truly be able to appreciate the goodness that seems so fleeting at times, without any of the bad I cannot truly say. Yet, what I do know is that there's all sorts of people in this wor'd, and its better to focus on the positive than the negative. Not so much a matter of ignoring that bad, just a matter of reinforcing the good. And perhaps that was my motive in bringing that story to this forum, or maybe it was just that it touched heart, or maybe I just wanted to show people that there's never just one side, life is a two way street, the glass doesn't always have to be half-empty.....and its important not only to realize that, but to remember that and to carry that concept with you, always.

Comment

My dear Quraysh Girl,

Thanks for a beautiful reply.

Rgds

Comment

GFQ, that was a great letter!

Comment

SubhanAllah !!! Thnkx for sharing

Comment

Working...
                            X