Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are in a Slumber!! (Part II)

The Illusive Curtains

Before the arrival of death, people try to forget about it. They get involved as much as they can in this life. The pleasures and adornments of this world tend to blind our eyes from seeing the reality of things. Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “When Allaah (SWT) created the Jannah (Gardens of Paradise), He said to Jibreel: “Go look at it and at what I have prepared in it for its dwellers.” Jibreel went and looked at it, then he came back and said: “My Lord! By Your Honour, no-one will hear about it but will surely enter it.” Allaah (SWT) then commanded that the Jannah be surrounded by hardships, and He said: “Jibreel! Go back and look at it.” Jibreel went and looked at it, then he came back and said: “My Lord! By Your Honour, I am now afraid that no-one will enter it!” And when Allaah (SWT) created the Fire He said: “Jibreel! Go look at it and at what I have prepared in it for its dwellers.” Jibreel went and looked at it, then he came back and said: “My Lord! By Your Honour, no one hearing about it will enter it.” Allaah (SWT) then commanded that the Fire be surrounded with desires, and He told Jibreel to go back and look at it. Jibreel went and looked at it, then he came back and said: “My Lord! By Your Honour, I am now afraid that no-one will be able to escape from it!” [Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, an-Nasaa’ee, and at-Tirmidhee]

In this regard the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “The Jannah is concealed with hateful matters, and the Fire is concealed with desires.” [al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

There is a high barrier of hardships and hateful matters surrounding the Jannah, and people cannot easily penetrate through this wall to see what is beyond – to see the glory, the beauty, and the grandeur, which Allaah has prepared for those who will deserve to enter into the glorious place. On the other hand, there is a barrier consisting of a multitude of tempting desires around the Hell-fire. People cannot easily resist this barrier, to try this desire until they eventually fall into the Fire.

While we are in this life, it is very hard for us to see clearly through these curtains with which Allaah (SWT) surrounded the Jannah and the Fire. It is very hard to see through them to know the reality of what is hiding behind them.

Thus we are short-sighted because of these curtains. There are simple and yet important matters that we miss because of our short-sightedness. If we had clear vision, then we would not miss them because of their great value in Allaah’s balance according to which He will judge us on the Day of Reckoning.
    [And examples of this shall be posted in the next part Insha’Allaah]

Wassalaam
    -------------------
    "No leaf falls except that he knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

May Allah swt bless us with His guidance, keeping us on the true path.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:
      [B]May Allah swt bless us with His guidance, keeping us on the true path.
      ================================

Amin

Comment

Working...
      X