Islam and Peace cont.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam and Peace cont.

While talking on Islam and Peace I questioned many historical personalities from Islamic world, but all the time I was told that their rampage killings and destruction activities were not in accordance to the peace loving Islam.

Can we name some persons from Islamic world who worked for peace and mankind? Not many, let us say at least three if possible.

The entire Sufi movement has been very peaceful version of Islam.

Akbar, Jehangir, Shah Jahan were great emperors.

Most muslim poets in their poetry have written about peace.

In the billions of muslims in the world , the majority are peace loving.

If the question was "In the name of which religion most atrocities have been committed" Then to my mind Islam and Christianity stand out.

Btt Christians and muslims have committed atrocities in the name of religion against people of other religions. The Hindus have been committing atrocities against their own lower castes for 5000 years. So over all the most atrocities committed ever, the title goes to Hindus. The oldest religion and with one of the largest populations.

The tragedy is that most peace loving muslims, christians and Hindus do not stand up to express their disapproval. And they are just as guilty

Comment

Here we go friend.....

What does your history say about a 16 years old Muslim army general......Muhammad Bin Qasim.....

He started from Sindh.... defeated Raja Dahir..... and went deep in India.

Comment

Imm Abu Hanifa
        Saadi Shiraazi
        Khawaja Hasab Basri
        Mansoor Bin Amar
        Moulana Jalal ul Din Romi
        Moulana Sir Syed
        Qauid e Azam, Mohammad Ali Jinnah
        Allama Iqbal (Popet of the East)
        Khawaja Nizam u Din

Need more.....!

Comment

It is nice to read so many names that Islamic world can be proud of, or otherwise all the time we listen so many shouts on the name of jihad.
          Though I was expecting Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan in the list.

Comment

anand

In the wake of currents and cross-currents of world events, it seems absolutely necessary to understand that Islam teaches to live in peace and preserve peace. It condemns aggression and advocates Jihad in the way of Allah, first against our "Nafs" (self) and "devil" (mischief), and against those who disturb peace and violate the security of Muslim Ummah. It is an all-round struggle and makes it obligatory for all Muslims to exercise all their powers, intellectual as well as physical, to preserve solidarity and peace.

The Quran emphasized Jihad for noble and hard work and not sitting idle like stagnant water but moving swiftly like the flowing currents of oceans. How vividly the Quran states:

"Those of the believers who sit idle. other than those who strive in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives. Allah conferred on those who strive with their wealth and lives a rank above the sedentary. To all Allah has promised good, but He has bestowed on those who strive a great reward above the sedentary" (4:95)

One of the traditions (Hadith) also relates that a great jihad is to stand boldly and with confidence for justice and equity before a tyrant and aggressor, (Trimizi). In this context the world jihad is not used exclusively for fighting. Once the Prophet said: Haj is the most excellent of the Jihad (Bukhari, 25:4). jihad includes the service of Islam in any form - by speech, pen, writing, teaching, wealth or medicine.

Jihad is a life-long mission for the Muslims to fight against all evils - socio-economic, cultural, educational and political dogmas; superstitious and mythological concepts; and directing the Muslim Ummah towards enlightenment, refinement, scientific progress, dignified character and honest actions.

I hope the above will help removing some misgivings you were led to believe re Jihad.

Comment

Originally posted by zawiyaefikr:

I hope the above will help removing some misgivings you were led to believe re Jihad.

Thanks for try bro zawiyaefikr, he has been given definition of "jihad" several times, but all MR skv anand wants to beleive is CNN version of jihad. I hope he learns it this time.

------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

does anyone know the name of a guy who was given the title of "widya sagar" in India.?

How do Hindus see Mohammad Bin Qasim? just a simple answer would be fine.

Comment

It is strange that our Muslim friends always bring in books.

Jihad itself is a disgusting word. It is enough to look at the faces of those children whose parents have become target of Jihad, no need further to go for CNN or BBC.

And Khan Sahib pls tell a little about Muhammad bin Qasim. Right now I do not remember all this.

Comment

The tragedy is that most peace loving muslims, christians and Hindus do not stand up to express their disapproval. And they are just as guilty

I totally agree with u and unless this happens none of us can move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by anand:
                      It is strange that our Muslim friends always bring in books.

Jihad itself is a disgusting word. It is enough to look at the faces of those children whose parents have become target of Jihad, no need further to go for CNN or BBC.

And Khan Sahib pls tell a little about Muhammad bin Qasim. Right now I do not remember all this.

anand! talking about disgusting words.... you have loads in your language.... This is what I am talking about RANI.... You people misunderstanding the meanings and reasons.... I can't explain more about it....

anand! Jihad means war against people who don't believe in one God and when we Muslims feel danger from people who don't believe in God.

[This message has been edited by mbmagsi (edited September 07, 2001).]

Comment

I think we should find another word to represent "what jehad really is"

Currently the globally accepted meaning of Jehad is killing of innocent men, women and children by muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by mbmagsi:

anand! Jihad means war against people who don't believe in one God and when we Muslims feel danger from people who don't believe in God.

[This message has been edited by mbmagsi (edited September 07, 2001).]
                          are you sure this is definition of jihad? there are several ways of jihad, and several kinds of jihad.

jihad-bin-nafs: jihad against oneself's evil desires, to pure himself of wrongs, desire of wrongs. This is one jihad, too, right?

------------------

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbmagsi:

If somebody doesn't believe in God, muslims should kill them. Only barbarians can justify your kind of logic ...this kind of thinking has no place in civilized world. Btw, u don't own God and it is none of your business what others believe in..

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                              If somebody doesn't believe in God, muslims should kill them. Only barbarians can justify your kind of logic ...this kind of thinking has no place in civilized world. Btw, u don't own God and it is none of your business what others believe in..

and only INSANE like you won't understand.
                              what war against non-beleivers means is tell them about Islamic beleif, if they don't accept and decline to pay 'jazia' then fight (remember, war is fought between armies). it does not say "kill everyone who does not beleive".

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X