My Story to Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story to Share

Hi, I want to thank those who are responsible for this site and for allowing me to post my message here. I appreciate the need to have certain rules and hope that I am able to follow them. It has taken me several days to think of words I should put here to share with others. I have decided to tell people who come here about something that happened to me less than a year ago.

My family and I live in the United States. We have two children and because my wife and I both work we had to ask someone to help watch them. We were lucky to find a woman here from Sri Lanka (Ceylon) to help watch our children while we worked. She watched our children very carefully and I am very thankful for that.

While this Woman and her family had come from a place different than mine, we soon found that we had some ideas that we both believed in. We both believed in, feared, and prayed to God to watch over us all, her family and mine.

Now one day the woman's family had a birthday party for her son, Shiraz. Shiraz would be five years old, the same age as my daughter. My family and I went to the party and we celebrated with food and games for the children. At the party was a pool of water and some of the children had gone into the pool of water to play. As I watched them play I decided to change into my water pants so I could watch them more closely. As soon as I had changed and arrived at the side of the pool I looked into the pool. There I saw Shiraz on the bottom of the pool with his arms reaching up. I jumped into the pool and pulled him up out of the water. I possibly saved him from death by drowning in the pool on this day, his birthday.

Now I ask the question, who received the greatest gift on that day? Was it Shiraz who would live to see another birthday? Was it his mother and father whose son was saved from drowning? Was it I who God had chosen to pull him from the pool? Maybe it was God who benefitted the most where his people cared for one another and celebrated the life he has given us all to live.

I'm hoping that by sharing this story that all who read it will agree that by caring for each other and saving just one life we can change the world and make it one that God can be truely proud of.

------------------
    Respectfully,
    Ziggie

Ziggie

thansk for sharing this. Its small events that we dont think about yet if we take a minute and reflect on these things so much becomes clear.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Ziggie, very touching incidence. I think you are the one who benefited the most. You were chosen to save a life, and you should be proud of that. Some day that child may save your life, and the circle of life continues.

Comment

It seemed to me that you all gained, and it's hard to for me to quantify who gained the most.

It was a wonderful post! Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X