The Prophet (saw) on War ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prophet (saw) on War ...

"Whoever is killed while attempting to protect his belongings is a martyr; whoever is killed while attempting to protect himself is a martyr; whoever is killed while attempting to protect his religion is a martyr; and whoever is killed while attempting to protect his family is a martyr." [Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisa'i, Ibn Majah]

The Prophet (sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was asked which among the following is truly fighting in the Cause of Allah: a man who fights so that he may be called brave, one who fights in revenge, or one who fights to be called a good believer by people? He replied: "(Only) he who fights so that Word of Allah is exalted is in the Cause of Allah." [Bukhari, Muslim]

Whenever the Messenger of Allah appointed a commander over an army or an expedition, he told him to remain conscious of Allah in his inward self and to remain concerned for the care of the Muslims who were with him. Then he would say:

"Strive in the Name of Allah in Allah's Way! Fight those who disbelieve in Allah: campaign, but do not indulge in excesses, do not act treacherously, do not mutilate, and do not slay children." (also, "women and children" in other narrations) [Muslim]

[from "Peace in Islam" and "Jihad in Islam" both by Imam Hasan al-Banna]

A side note:

"Whosoever kills a human being for other than murder or mischief on earth, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and whosoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind!" [5:32].

------------------
    "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

JazaakAllah sis.......

GR8 post...

Comment

Hinna !

------------------
      Ishq bhi ho Hijaab mein husn bhi ho Hijaab mein. Ya tu khud Aaskhaar ho ya mujh ko Aaskhaar kar.
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Working...
      X