X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEWARE OF THE HARAAM!

Fwd'ing

By Dr. 'Abdul-'Adheem Bin Badawee, from Al-Asaalah Magazine Issue #19

Abu Hurairah reported: "The Messenger of Allaah t said: 'Who will take these words from me, so that he may act on them or teach them to others?' I said: 'Me O Messenger of Allaah.' So he took my hand and counted five, saying: 'Avoid the forbidden things, you will be the best worshipper amongst people. Be pleased with what Allaah has given you, you will be the richest of people. Be kind to your neighbor you will be a believer. Love for other people what you love for yourself, you will be a Muslim. And do not laugh too much because too much laughing kills the heart.'" (Reported by At-Tirmithee) These words are from the sayings that are concise yet comprehensive in meaning. The Prophet t encouraged taking these words in order to act upon them or teach them. This is from the aspect of first perfecting oneself, then perfecting others, as Allaah says:

"By the time. Verily, mankind is in loss. Except those who believe (in Islaam) and do righteous deeds…"

so they perfect themselves first

"…And recommend one another to the truth and recommend one another to patience"

in order that they can then perfect others. Also, in the saying of Abu Hurairah t "Me", which means: "I will take these words from you", there is an indication of his t attachment and craving for good. His t saying: "So he took my hand" meant in order to count these words on them. Or it means that when he r would teach, he would take those whom he taught by the hand. "And counted five" meaning five things or five fingers, as was the custom, counting one after the other. So he t said: "Avoid the forbidden things, you will be the best worshipper amongst people." This means: "Beware of falling into all the things that Allaah has made Haraam (forbidden) for you." And Allaah, says:

"He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden for you." [Surah Al-An’aam: 119]

So the forbidden things that are agreed upon have all been mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, such as Allaah's saying:

"Say: 'Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: That you not join anything in worship with Him and that you be dutiful to your parents; that you kill not your children because of poverty – We will provide sustenance for you and for them; that you come not near to Al-Fawaahish (i.e. shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse) whether committed openly or secretly; and that you not kill anyone whom Allaah has forbidden (you to kill), except for a just cause (according to Islamic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.'" [SurahAl-An’aam: 151]

Concerning foods, Allaah says:

"Forbidden to you (for food) are maitah (dead animals), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of which Allaah's name has not been mentioned while slaughtering (i.e. slaughtered as a sacrifice for other than Allaah or for idols), and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns – and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal – unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) – and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on An- Nisus (stone-altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisq (disobedience and sin)." [Surah Al-Maaidah: 3]

And concerning drinks, Allaah says:

"O you who believe! Intoxicants (i.e. alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al-Ansaab (meat slaughtered on idol altars), and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of the Devil's handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful." [Surah Al-Maa’idah: 90]

And concerning women, Allaah says:

"Forbidden to you (for marriage) are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father’s sisters, your mother’s sisters, your brother’s daughters, your sister’s daughters, your foster mother who gave you suck, your foster milk suckling sisters, your wives’ mothers, your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in – but there is no sin on you if you have not gone in them (to marry their daughters), the wives of your sons who (spring) from your own loins, and two sisters in wedlock at the same time. (This is obligatory) except for what (marriage) has already occurred in the past. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surah An-Nisaa: 23]

And He says concerning business transactions:

"Allaah has permitted trading and forbidden Ribaa (interest)." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 275]

As for the Sunnah, there are many forbidden things mentioned in it, such as the Prophet's t saying: "Indeed Allaah has forbidden the selling of khamr (intoxicants), dead animals, pigs, and idols (i.e. statues)." [Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree] And his t saying: "Every intoxicant is khamr. And every khamr is Haraam (unlawful)." [Al-Bukhaaree] And his r saying: "Indeed Allaah has made your lives, your wealth and your reputations Haraam for you (i.e. sacred, cannot be violated)." [Reported by Muslim and Ibn Maajah]

Also the Prophet t said: "What is forbidden (in marriage) because of lineage is also forbidden because of foster sucking relations." [Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree] So what has been clearly stated as being forbidden in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, then it is Haraam (unlawful). Thus unlawfulness is derived from a forbiddance and it is also derived from the severe threat punishment) that comes as a result of doing it. The Messenger r said: "Avoid the forbidden things, you will be the best worshipper amongst people" meaning "From the best worshippers amongst them." This is because if someone avoids doing unlawful things, this necessitates that he will be doing the obligatory (because avoiding the Haraam is an obligation). So by staying away from the unlawful things, the sheet of paper (in which his deeds are recorded) will remain pure and free of defects. And doing a little of the recommended acts in addition to that will raise and elevate his blessing more. And due to this, this person who avoids the Haraam will become form the greatest of worshippers.

All of this requires the worshipper to have knowledge of what is obligatory, so that he may fulfill it, and awareness of all the forbidden things so that he may avoid them. Due to this, the Prophet r said: "Seeking knowledge is obligatory on every Muslim." [Sunan Ibn Maajah] Furthermore, Allaah clarifies that seeing the forbidden acts as something important and grave is good for the worshipper, as he says:

"And whoever honors the sacred things of Allaah, then that is better for him with his Lord." [Surah Al-Hajj: 30]

Ibn Katheer said concerning this ayah: "Whoever avoids the acts of disobedience and unlawfulness, and he holds (in himself) committing them as being an enormity, 'then that is better for him with his Lord.' This means, because of this, he will have a lot of good and a tremendous reward. So just as there is great and tremendous reward in doing the obligatory, then likewise for abandoning and avoiding the forbidden."

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

mashallah...

very hi nice-te-informative...
    thanx 4 posting kaki...
    God bless u...

DerVaisH...

------------------
    muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
    bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
    abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
    girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Comment

------------------
      “Ishq bhi ho Hijaab mein husn bhi ho Hijaab mein. Ya tu khud Aaskhaar ho ya mujh ko Aaskhaar kar.”
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Working...
      X