How can one be "saved"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can one be "saved"?

From a Muslim view: What is necessary for someone to be "saved" and to enter "Paradise"?

well the least thing you have to do is not believe in any other god beside ALLAH SWT..i mean that is the basic..because any other gunah can be forgiven by allah ..now after that, you have to believe in angels the wholy books send down by allah SWT (although not act on all of them, only quran for our age) believe that all prophets send down by Allah SWT were basically saying the same thing and were muslim and finally the belief that Allah WILL raise all the mankind before him on the day of judgement and every one will be done justice....these are the basics and are essential for paradise...then you have to obey the lattest revelation by Allah and the prophet to whose ummat you belong to. and for the us in this age, the lattest book would be quran and the lattest prophet would be mohammed SAW so we have to follow them in order to enter paradise....i hope this explains a bit.....

Comment

Originally posted by ThandyMazaq:
      well the least thing you have to do is not believe in any other god beside ALLAH SWT..i mean that is the basic..because any other gunah can be forgiven by allah ..now after that, you have to believe in angels the wholy books send down by allah SWT (although not act on all of them, only quran for our age) believe that all prophets send down by Allah SWT were basically saying the same thing and were muslim and finally the belief that Allah WILL raise all the mankind before him on the day of judgement and every one will be done justice....these are the basics and are essential for paradise...then you have to obey the lattest revelation by Allah and the prophet to whose ummat you belong to. and for the us in this age, the lattest book would be quran and the lattest prophet would be mohammed SAW so we have to follow them in order to enter paradise....i hope this explains a bit.....
      Why is the belief in angels so important?

How can a person without intellect belief, such as a man born a moron or a baby that die before it reach an age of sense?

Comment

well if a baby dies he is not ragarded as an adult in the court of Allah and thus will not go through the judgement day...most scholars agree that any one who dies either as a baby or child or was mentaly retarded will be in heaven as a servant of other janitis...again i said that the belief in angels and prophets is secondary to the belief in one supreme being...simple. i mean i do not know the fate of people in the americas and stuff but i do know that they will not be done injustice so Allah knows what to do in matters like the native american who were cut off from the rest of the world (although they did get prophets as it is said in quran that every nation recieves a warner before being destroyed, but we havent found proof of any monotheistic religion among the indians so i cant' comment on them) but comon man lets worry about our own selves and what are we doing right now in this world even after we have recieved the word of god and not worry about others...surely allah is merciful and just

Comment

let us talk about the present world how we can feed cloth and give employment to
          people before we worry about our next
          world.nobody came back to tell us what is happening in heaven and hell.

Comment

Reply to ThandyMazaq:

When is a baby/child considered to become adult and judged acordingly?

Do you mean that ALL babies from ALL nations/cultures with parents worshipping anything/anyone will not be judged?

As to myself: If I live a good live and do good deeds and accept that there is only one God, how strict is the keeping of all the other things like prayer and such for me to be saved?

If I look at all the DO's and DON'Ts in ISLAM, I suppose there is very few that can say they strictly adhere to all - especially since there seem to be sight difference of opinion on some issues. According to you, it is up to each one to look after himself for the hereafter?

[This message has been edited by The Old Man (edited September 09, 2001).]

Comment

hey old man yes if any child from any nation dies before he/she reaches puberty, he/she will not be judged and will enter paradise as servants of people in paradise, but if a muslim child dies, he/she will join his/her parents in paradise ...so there is a slight difference between children of non muslims and muslims...but dont worry those children wont feel left out because they wont have any real conciousness to ponder over their fate ...and even if they do , even servants in paradise live like kings of this world..any way thats about them...now about the question about your self..now now dont get me wrong...i said that belief in one god is the most essential part of faith...before that you will not be even considered for forgiveness and paradise...secondly, belief in all those things i listed last time is also one of the essentials...meaning there is still a way to goto heaven even if you dont meet all those requirements but chances are slim to none because you circumstances have to be really really wierd for you to get to heaven if you dont belief in all of the things listed before....last part of the pyramide is acting upon the directions of the ummat you belong to and following the prophet who is the lattest in line (for us that would be last prophet mohammed SAW , but when hazrat essa AS comes on this world, then following his order would be essential aswell cause he will always be on the right path as all the prophets are) get it now? beliefe in one god wont get you in heaven for sure. u gotta have other deeds too you know...now you said doing good deeds..well my friend in islam, there are only 3 things that you can't define as good things in secular world, and that are prying and fasting and hajj, other than that, any other thing that is good in islam is considered good in secular world aswell...like giving charity, in islam its zakat and sadqa, and all other stuff like that...now don'ts in islam are not many, for example things that are not allowed are alcohol, interest, and pork, and pre-marital sex (dead meat and blood are hamram aswell but i dont think many people want to consume them any way)....just 4 main things...if you can't keep away from these than you still have a chance at heaven but i wouldn't bet my pay check on it...so get it...try to pry as many times as possible, try to fat in ramadan atleast (during the year is also recomended) and keep away from alcohol,sex(pre marital),pork and interest and voila your chances are pretty high....the reason i said chances are high is because for any deed to be accepted by Allah, your intent has to be right and it should be to please Allah only...thats it..no fame,no fortune no nothing..jsut to please allah and if you can have that before any good deed or even neutral deeds (like sleeping: make intent that i am sleeping so i can be fresh in the morning for my fajar prayers, and voila you will get rewards while you are sleeping..)master that thing and i see no reason Allah SWT the most merciful and just wont let you enter in his paradise......

Comment

ThandyMazaq, thanks for responding.

Is there any way one can know that you for certain is going to heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Man:
                  ThandyMazaq, thanks for responding.

No there is not. You strive towards is by living a good life. Allah may find one action so favorable that it is more important than all your bad deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Man:
                    No, according to Islam only God knows for certain who will and will not enter heaven.

ThandyMazaq explained it well in his post, there are certain basic guidelines in Islam; it all depends upon one's intention also. Are we doing something for a selfish goal or is it purely out of wanting to please God?

X Factor also made a very important statement that, according to Islam, "Allah may find one action so favorable that it is more important than all your bad deeds." At the end of it all, no one can say with any certainty that they are going to heaven and such and such person is not.

[This message has been edited by Nadia_H (edited September 10, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia_H:
                      No, according to Islam only God knows for certain who will and will not enter heaven.
                      How will one then know you are on the right path?

Comment

Old Man, just as a precautionary note: I might be wrong as I am basing the following upon what I have taught myself through my studies of the Quran, from what my childhood teachers and family have taught me, and if others have different opinions I would love to hear them.

How will one then know you are on the right path?
                        The Quran provides explanations of how one should conduct oneself in life; these can be specific towards "categories" of people - anyone who is sick, your neighbours, your parents, young children, and so on. It also states more general guidelines - just to give an example, the Quran makes quite a few references to arrogance and how God loves those who are humble. Now I, personally, will never know whether I am definitely going to heaven or not, but what I can do is try to lead my life according to how it is stipulated in the Quran - there are many, many guidelines provided: backbiting and gossiping, for example, are very very strongly condemned; if I miss a fast during Ramadan, I know I shall have to make it up later; if I accuse someone of something without any tangible proof, then I shall have to ask that person's forgiveness before I can ask for God's (this is all according to the Quran). The best I can do is try to be honest in my intentions and actions, and for that the Quran does stipulate that those who commit good deeds with the intention of pleasing God, will be rewarded.

While I can't, with any certainty whatsoever, state that I am going to heaven or that I am a "good" person in the eyes of God, I can try to do those good deeds which I know would please God. Another source of knowledge in Islam, besides the Quran, is what is known as the "Hadith" - these are the sayings and actions of whom we consider to be the last prophet, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). If I make an honest and genuine attempt to conduct my life according to how he conducted his - by treating everyone equally, respecting elders, praying, fasting, etc. - then I can allow myself to have hopes that what I am doing might (hopefully) be pleasing to God.

I'm sorry if that sounds very confusing; I hope that makes sense...?

Comment

Working...
                        X