malcom X was he a muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

malcom X was he a muslim?

just curious bcz i really dont know much about him ?

Initially he was a member of the Nation of Islam. This organization has rules different from that of Islam. For instance they did not consider it necessary to pray or fast.

After Malcom X went for Haj he realized the erors of Nation of Islam and became a true muslim. There is a book "a thousand roads to Mecca" which has Malcom's story of the Haj.
    "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

aisha thanx for the info hmmmmm i m wondering if u have any idea wherei can get that book from i mean do u think it will be available in local libraries or can i get that from net ?

Comment

i got my copy from amazon. this book is a collection of travelogues by hajjis from various eras. For his full autobiography get "The Autobiography of Malcolm X".
        "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Best book in the world after Roots by Alex Haley.

Comment

There is another book if you are interested.It is by Alex Haily,"Malcolm X"(that is the name of the book).It is Malcolm X's biography,which he related to Hialy during his life.I'm sure you are going to love it.

Comment

ditto! I have it and its my fav. biography. I LOVE IT!! Amazing book!

------------------
              Ishq bhi ho Hijaab mein husn bhi ho Hijaab mein. Ya tu khud Aaskhaar ho ya mujh ko Aaskhaar kar.
              Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Working...
              X