Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question I couldn't Answer

Salaam all,
    Someone very dear to me (who is muslim by birth) is at the stage in life where he/she is discovering Islam.
    Last night we were talking about Islam and its pillars and benefits and she/he asked,
    'baji, if Allah created everything, then who created him?'
    My response was I didnt know but I refuse to doubt His exsistance because Islam is blind and complete faith.
    You guys what do I tell this person?
    I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
    Bite Me! -- Please
    I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

That is beyond our comprehension.

Allah always was, and always will be.

You have to believe that. If not and all religions and reasoning falls apart.

Comment

Muniya,

First of all you will have to get convinced if Allah really exists and it is not just blind faith that he exists.

Then if you believe that he is the only supreme being then you can question if his book is real or not? If you get convinced that Quran is really true and there hasn't been any changes in it then you can easily answer if there was anyone before Allah or not.

If you agree that All exists then you don't need any blind faith as the rest is due to the acceptance that he exists and he is alone.

Comment

Muniya,

This is a very old questions asked by those who have tried to search for faith!

You should have explained that this tree of creation has to end at someone! And that someone had to be infinit!

Secondly, it is very logical that no one created Allah and he is in existant without a start and will exist forever.

Just because if he would have been created, or was born, then he must have to have and end too! Which, concequently, contradicts the whole idea of a supreme being!

This is one of the very big arguments aganist Christians who believe Jesus (as) to be His son. And if the Son of God was Born, then so would have the father ... to which the Christians have no answer!
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Very good Question. The reason that no one has created Allah is because he is most powerful and as he/she make something like a picture, it will be his/her creation and he/she will be using brain to create it. Similarly, Allah has made every thing that we see and that we are his creation.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you guys...helps a lil .. maybe I'll print these things out... the problem is that we can accept these replies but this person is looking for logic.

khan sahib... just a note.. I think you misunderstood my idea of blind faith. I meant that you have to believe that He just is without ever seeing him...He is not held to the rules of man and therefore there is no explaination of his begining.
            Bite Me! -- Please

Comment

Here's the Answer sister.

Islamic Proof

Allah is God. God is the creator for everything.

Allah said in al-qur'an [Allah created everything].

Prophet said: "Allah existed eternally and there was nothing"

Imam Aliy said: "Allah existed and there was no place. And now He exists as he existed eternally" i.e Allah exists without a place.

Intelectual Proof (logical Proof)

This world is a sign that Allah exists. Everything in the world has a begining. Every book has an author, every building has a builder, and it is impossible inetelectually for a building to be without a builder and for a writting to be without a writer. Thus, this universe has a creator, and it is Allah who is supremely high in rank and status. He is the one who created the creations. He does not need any of his creations. Thus he has no father or a mother, nor a creator, He is the only Creator bringing the creations from the state of none existence to the state of existence.

The attributes of the creations do not befit Allah. It must not be said when was he, or how is he, or where is he, these apply to the attributes of the creations, but for the al mighty Allah, he exists without a place.

Insha'llah this will help. As well as urging your freind to acquire the Islamic knowledge.

Allah knows best.
              Ahmad G
              Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Thats awesome! Thanks!!!!!
                I read something similar in the book called Understanding Islam...

I will try all these explainations tonight and let you know if we made a believer out of this person.
                Bite Me! -- Please

Comment

Insah'llah sister..

No doubt, that this topic is extremely important for, if one doubted about the existence of Allah he is not a believer!.. Thus one must acquire the knowledge and automatically he will have the certainty in his heart because Logic complies with Islam.

Therefore, Insha'llah the series of Dear Muslim Youth will be of great benefit for us all.
                  Ahmad G
                  Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
                    First of all you will have to get convinced if Allah really exists and it is not just blind faith that he exists.

Then if you believe that he is the only supreme being then you can question if his book is real or not? If you get convinced that Quran is really true and there hasn't been any changes in it then you can easily answer if there was anyone before Allah or not.

If you agree that All exists then you don't need any blind faith as the rest is due to the acceptance that he exists and he is alone.
                    In other words, Khan_sahib, you have to have a little understanding in order to believe, you have to keep on believing in order to fully understand.

[This message has been edited by The Old Man (edited September 06, 2001).]

Comment

The logical proof becomes extremely illogicl when one try to explain existence of Allah by stating that [b] everything has a creator, therefore sombody must have a creator, so the creator of this universe is assumed to be the entity called Allah, but then the question arises using the same logic that if everything has a creator there should be a creator of Allah as well.
                      None of the above answers even touched the question so far. There is no answer to it and there will not be. Sometimes the best answer is no answer.
                      I think there are so many difficult questions like this and the best reasoning is that in the hierarchy of evoluton, our knowldge is too limited to answer this and similar questions. An anology is asking an insect about the theory of relativity, his/her mental capacity is limited to his survival and surroundings only.

------------------
                      Belief is not what mind possesses, it is what possesses the mind!

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited September 06, 2001).]

Comment

This is really simple(I'll make it child-friendly)

"Allah created time. If Allah created time that means he is above it. it takes time to create. so If time doesnt effect alah. He was never created he was just there."

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Jahan:
                          This is really simple(I'll make it child-friendly)

"Allah created time. If Allah created time that means he is above it. it takes time to create. so If time doesnt effect alah. He was never created he was just there."
                          Okay salaam guys.. I tried all of these and the best one that worked was this one..
                          but I think we have a believer... CONGRATS ALL! and thank you... If you have any further suggestions on how lead a young one to complete faith please feel free to add on this thread or create a new one..

Bite Me! -- Please

Comment

Shah Jahan, a very good point!
                            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Allah /God are the imagination of some wise people to discipline society, Same thing Hail / Heven ( there is no such a thing as Hail / Hevan

We cannot blindly follow some book or belief without questioning that book or faith. What is the use of Brain if we go on following such beliefs

One simple qyestion

If Allah / God is suprime can HE create any SUCH OBJECT WHICH HE CANNOT DESTROY?

Asking such a question and serching for an answer, you will find that there is no such a think like Allah / god. Its all created by man for his selfish motive. There is no such a thing like religion. Again religion is also a selfish motive .We can called religion is nothing but networking of the people of the same thinking for their own selfish motive.

Comment

Working...
                              X