Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women in Civilizations

YMFN

"Look at any other civilization in the history of humanity, you will not find a women playing a role in its establishment where it can be attributed to her efforts for its establishment. The Greeks and Romans - Plato, Aristotle and others - all were men. The early Church Fathers writings were basically men and until today the idea of women scholarship is limited in some areas of the church. The French writers at the French revolution and Voltaire and the Russians were men. The Founding Fathers of the United States were men, and also other civilizations are basically based upon men.

Islam is the only civilization which is known by humanity where a leading input in terms of its transmission and establishment was based upon the efforts of women. It is a historical fact not open to interpretation that these were the people who transmitted the Islamic teachings and these are the people who supported it thereafter!"

[from "Islam and the Elevation of Women's Status" by Shaykh Ali al-Tamimi, available online at http://www.youngmuslims.ca/articles/display.asp?ID=39]

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Jazaakillaah khair sister.

- - - - - - -
    "No leaf falls except that He knows of it, and no rain drop forms except that He has willed it."

[This message has been edited by Hasnain (edited September 08, 2001).]

Comment

Thank you saadia... Very true!

------------------
      "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Yes. Nothing is wrong in self praise.

May be these dictates are not from Muslim community.
        http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=2076

'Srinagar, September 8: Close on the heels of issuing a diktat to Muslim women to wear burqa (veil), militant outfit Lashker-e-Jabbar, on Saturday asked non-Muslim women living in Kashmir to apply bindi on their foreheads and don saffron-coloured duppatas for identification and exempted them from wearing burqa.'

And may be burqa does not belong to Islam.

Comment

Working...
        X