Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was Ghulam Mirza a prophet?? some of his words explain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was Ghulam Mirza a prophet?? some of his words explain...

This paragraph is discussing whether Hazrat Essa AH died or not, but has an important point in it. Just read paragraph below, and comprehend and tell me if you agree with me:

This is excerpt from http://www.alislam.org/books/invitation/prelim.html#L2
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    During his last illness, the Holy Prophet said to his daughter Fatima:

'Once in every year, Gabriel recited the Quran to me. This year he recited twice. He also told me that every succeeding prophet has lived to half the age of his predecessor. He told me that Jesus. son of Mary, lived to a hundred and twenty years. Therefore, I think, I may live to about sixty years.'14

The statement is an inspired one. The Holy Prophet does not say anything on his Own, but reports what he received from Gabriel the angel of revelation. The important part of the statement is that Jesus lived to a hundred and twenty years. According to the New Testament records, Jesus was about thirty-two or thirty-three years old when the event of the Cross took place and Jesus 'ascended' to Heaven. If Jesus really did 'ascend', his age up to the time of the Holy Prophet comes to about six hundred years, not a hundred and twenty. If what the Holy Prophet received from Gabriel is true, the Holy Prophet should have lived for at least three hundred years. But he lived only for sixty-three years. Yet, according to Gabriel Jesus lived for a hundred and twenty years. This important statement by the Holy Prophet proves that to think Jesus alive is against the teaching of the Holy Prophet, against what was revealed to him by God. In view of all this, how can we be persuaded to believe that Jesus is alive? How can we deny anything which the Holy Prophet has taught so clearly?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It says "Every prophet lives HALF the age of predecessor prophet. We all know Prophet Mohammed PBUH lived for 63 years.

What was age of Mirza Ghulam Qadiani when he died? 68 (correct me if I'm wrong). Actually lived longer than Prophet Mohammed PBUH.

By his own logic/words, he (MGAQ) is not a prophet.

PS: Please don't say that it has deep/metaphorical meaning .....

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Changez,

The Title of this post is wrong and misleading!

some of his words explain...
    Then the book that you quoted is not Written by Hazrat Ahmad (as) but by his son, Hazrat Mirza Mahmood Ahmad (ra).

The name of the book is Invitation to Ahmadiyyat Please look where the Website that shows the name of the author.

Understand?

Now let me answer your question to the best of my knowledge! (Next)
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I consider this a valid question!

I, myself has asked this question a few times to my elder. Though, I haven't found a answer to 'my satisfaction' as of yet. Now that you have brought up this topic again, I will try to ping in this question one more time, and do some more research on it!

On my earlier queries, I found out that the Hadiths is present in 'Mawahib-ud duniya by Qastalani, vol. 1, p. 42.' and in the earlier wording of the Hadiths talks about the only Law Bearing prophets !!

Which according to the common Muslim belief are only 4! Hazrat Daud (as), Hazrat Musa (as), Hazrat Isa (as) and our beloved prophet Hazrat Muhammad (saw).

Also the common Muslim belief is that prophets in ancient times used to live that long. So the previous 'law bearing prophet' being twice the age works out.

Though I am still to be satisfied!

Anyway, the objection can be against the understanding of Hazrat Mirza Bashir Ahmad (ra) about this Hadiths, but still certainly not against the Promised Messiah, Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as)!
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

ok, my apologies for the misleading title. i didn't realize until you pointed out that book is not written by himself. but you already got the message, that is good, thanks.

waiting for an answer.

Comment

Changez, Following is an answer for you. In case you missed it!

On my earlier queries, I found out that the Hadiths is present in 'Mawahib-ud duniya by Qastalani, vol. 1, p. 42.' and in the earlier wording of the Hadiths talks about the only Law Bearing prophets !!

Which according to the common Muslim belief are only 4! Hazrat Daud (as), Hazrat Musa (as), Hazrat Isa (as) and our beloved prophet Hazrat Muhammad (saw).

Also the common Muslim belief is that prophets in ancient times used to live that long. So the previous 'law bearing prophet' being twice the age works out.
          I am not satisfied with the Hadiths for my personal reasons and understanding of it! Which is somewhat irrelevant to this topic here.

I will though post out anything else that I may find out. Ok?

Maybe NYA, Insaniyat or other might have something for you!
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
            And on a side note to those who were arguing about 'East of DemishQ'
            If Hazrat Muhammad (saw) had prophesized that my Messiah will come at the center of the Damascus, those who do not want to believe would have argued about where is the center!

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited September 07, 2001).]

it was not for 'argument', but I just wanted to raise a valid point, that "EAST" of a city would mean that it would be in the SAME city but towards east.

however, if Prophet PBUH were to say "EAST" of a country than it would have been 'more' appropriate to consider this as 'part of prophecy for Ahmedism'.

Even if Prophet PBUH were to say "CENTER" of Damascus, you guys would have brought a "DEEPER MEANING" and would have said "he meant places controlled by Damascus" or something like "Damascus was center of Christians and Damascus was used just to point towards as center of Christians" ..... I know what you guys would have brought up.

Anyway, thanks for 'clarifying' about East of Damascus.

------------------

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
              Is this explanation from his followers? or his own?

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X