Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and He took one of his ribs... and made He a women

Quran:
    1. O mankind! fear your Guardian Lord, Who created you from a single person, created out of it his mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- fear Allah, through Whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (be heedful) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.
    And Bible also mentions
    The LORD God said, "it is not good that man should be alone; I
    will make him an help meet" ....the LORD God caused a deep sleep to
    fall upon Adam... and He took one of his ribs... and made He a women... and
    brought her unto the man... and... Adam said,... "she shall be called
    woman" (Gen. 2:18,21-3)
    I have seen in some of the 'Tafaseer' of Quran, which quote the Bible in regards to the birth of 'Eve' or 'Hawa'

Is there anywhere else in the Quran where the 'created from the rib' is mentioned?

And what is the significance of the Rib? Does it say somewhere which Rib it was? And why isn't the modern man have a Rib missing?

Before someone asks me the Ahmadiyya interpretation of this Ayyat, let me answer them now and save them the trouble of questioning. Simple, I don't know. But I am reading through and when I find something I will post it, ok?

[This message has been edited by ahmadjee (edited September 06, 2001).]
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey
Working...
X