Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foundations for the Islaamic Awakening (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foundations for the Islaamic Awakening (part 1)

The following article has been taken from ‘Al-Asaalah’ magazine (11/84-87)

In it is advice that was sought from the late Shaikh – the Scholar of Hadeeth – Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaani (raheemahullaah).

Due to its length, I shall try to post it in several parts Insha’Allaah. May Allaah help us to benefit from the words of the noble Shaikh:

[Q]: What are the foundations that will enable the Islaamic world to arise again anew?

[A]: That which I believe, is what has been reported in the authentic hadeeth – which is a clear answer to the question, and to those questions similar to it which are asked in our present time – and that is the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallaam’s) saying: “When you deal in ‘eenah (a transaction involving usury), take hold of the tails of cows, become content with agriculture and abandon jihad in the path of Allaah, then Allaah will permit you humiliation and He will not remove it from you, until you return to your Religion.” [Saheeh: Related by Abu Daawood (no.3462) and al-Bayhaqee in as-Sunanul-Kubraa (5/316)].

This very fact has been pointed out by Imaam Maalik (d.179H), raheemahullaah, in a statement transmitted from him, which is worthy of being written in gold ink; and that is his saying: “Whosoever introduces into Islaam an innovation, and holds it to be something good, has indeed alleged that Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam has betrayed his message. Read the saying of Allaah – the Most Blessed, the Most High:

“This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you and I have chosen for you Islaam as your religion.” [Soorah al-Maa’idah 5:3].

So that which was not part of the religion at that time, cannot be part of the religion today. And the last part of the Ummah (Islaamic nation) cannot be rectified, except by that which rectified its first part.”

The last sentence is the essential part with regards to the answer to this question, since he said: “And the last part of this Ummah cannot be rectified, except by that which rectified its first part.” So, just as the affair of the Arabs in jaahiliyah (pre-Islaamic ignorance) was not rectified, except by the advent of the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa salaam) via Divine Revelation – which brought them happiness in this world and will bring them salvation in the Hereafter – then likewise, re-establishing a happy and successful Islaamic life cannot be based upon anything other than returning to the Qur’aan and the Sunnah (the Prophetic guidance).

However, this matter is in need of some clarification, due to the presence of a multitude of Islaamic groups and parties in our midst today, each of them claiming to have set out the correct manhaj (methodology) which will bring about the Islaamic society and the rule of Islaam.
Working...
X