Muslims vs Fudamentalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims vs Fudamentalists

So, here is an art. From Pakistan Today and some details, that we may go thru! We all know about recent death sentence awarded for Dr Younas

http://www.paktoday.com/blas24.htm

‘Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy’
    {“The Section 295© was added to the Pakistan Penal Code in 1986 which provided that whoever made derogatory remarks in respect of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) "by words either spoken, or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), shall be punished with death or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine."

The Section 295©, however, was amended in 1992 by the Nawaz Sharif government because of the pressure of the religious organizations, deleting the proviso under which life imprisonment could also beawarded.

President Gen. Pervez Musharraf, last year suggested a procedural change that would have required that blasphemy cases be reviewed by local officials before an arrest. But he quickly backed down when fundamentalists protested in the streets.

The students said he had told them that the Prophet had not become a Muslim until age 40 and that before then, he had not followed Muslim practices concerning circumcision or removing his underarm hair.}

What is all this? How can we define it?

Anand it's enough to write that you want to discuss Blasphemy law. Izzat karo aur karwao.
    Saba

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited September 03, 2001).]

So in simple words what exactly did you want to discuss? Dr. Younas' case or the law in general?

Comment

My dear Saba,

You have just edited the whole issue. Nothing is left for discussion.

Rgds

Comment

Anand.......

What is the definition of fundamantelism in your books?

I would be interested in knowing that....

Comment

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited September 04, 2001).]

Comment

anand,

This is not the place to post queries or concerns regarding the actions of the admin/moderators. As this is not a complaint board, I suggest you take your questions to admin either contacting them through email or the inbox system gupshup has provided you with.

Comment

My dear Quraysh Girl,

You did edit here a statement that was already a part of the discussion and not any query or complain.
              Anyhow thanks for your taking concern. I better leave this topic!

Rgds

Comment

Admin?!?
                Ha ha ha ha.....makes me laugh outta ta sh...

------------------
                "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
                Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Working...
                X