• Show
Clear All

The Virtues Of ‘Aishah, Mother of the Believers

The Virtues Of Aishah, Mother of the Believers

The Virtues Of Aaishah,

Mother of the Believers

Ahlu As-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah all agree and
    consent that Aaishah, the Prophets wife,
    may Allah be pleased with her, is an honorable and virtuous woman. Loving her is a part of the religion and hating and slandering her is an act of Kufr that nullifies Islam altogether. She was the most beloved wife to the Prophet, and she was the daughter of his best friend and his deputy after his death. The Quran and Sunnah have indicated her status and virtues, and this is an established fact in Islam.

Her Virtues from the Qruran

Allah said, what translated means, Good
    statements are for good people (or good women for good men) and good people for good statements (or good men for good women). [24:26], and,

The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, and his wives are their (believers) mothers. [33:6].

Imam Ibn Hazm said, Allah has obliged every Muslim to consider the Prophets wives
    like his own mother, and therefore fulfill the rights of motherhood towards them. This is in addition to honoring them for having accompanied the Prophet Salla

Allahu Alayhi Wasallam. He also said, No aspect of righteousness or virtues but they have achieved.

Allah also said, O wives of the Prophet! You

are not like any other women. [33:32], about which

Imam Ibn Hazm said, This is a clear and plain statement that no one can ignore or deny. In addition, Allah has said, And whosoever of you is obedient to Allah and His Messenger, and does righteous good
    deeds, We shall give her, her reward twice over. [33:31].

Her Virtues from the Sunnah

When the Prophet was asked who is the most
    beloved person to him, he answered, Aaishah. He was then asked, From among men? He said, Her
    father. Imam Ath-Thahabi said about this Hadith,

This is a clear and plain proof despite what the Rafidhah (Shiites) claim, and the Prophet would not have loved except one who is righteous. Aaishah was also a source of blessings for the Ummah, and this is illustrated by the statement of Usaid bin Hadheer when he said to her when Allah
    revealed the Ayah legislating Tayammum (dry ablution),

This is not the first blessing that comes because of you, O daughter of Abu Bakr. Nothing that happened to you that you hate but Allah has turned it into a blessing for the believers. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim].

This is because Ayat of the Quran were revealed prior to that proving her innocence from adultery when some hypocrites accused her of falling into that crime.
    All this indicates her honor and status in Islam. Also, the Prophet once said to one of his wives,
    O Umm Salamah, do not harm me as regards
    Aaishah, for the revelation never came to me while I was in the bed of any one of you (his wives) except her.

[Al-Bukhari]. Imam Ath-Thahabi said regarding

this Hadith, This statement indicates the virtues of Aaishah above his other wives, and Allah has preferred her above the Prophets other wives, and this

was one of the reasons why the Prophet loved her the most. The Prophet also said to his daughter, Fatimah,

Dont you love what I love? She said, Yes. He said, Then love this one (and pointed to Aaishah). [Muslim].

And the Prophet did not die but in her

house, laying his head in her lap. It was reported that when he was ill before his death, he used to always ask his wives which day was the day he was supposed to be
    in Aaishahs house. Then when her day came and he was at her house, he became rested and comfortable.

Statements of the Salaf

Ali bin Abi Taleb, may Allah be pleased with

him, mentioned Aaishah once and said about her, She is the beloved person to the Messenger of Allah, Salla Allahu Alayhi Wasallam.
    [Ath-Thahabi & Az-

Zarkashi].

Ibn Az-Zubair also said, I have not seen a
    woman more generous and giving than Aaishah. Furthermore,

Muawiyah, may Allah be pleased with

him, said, I have not seen anyone after the Prophet stronger in the language than Aaishah.

As for Abu Musa Al-Ash-Ary, may Allah be please with him, he said, No Hadith we had a problem with and asked Aaishah about, but we found that she had knowledge about it.
    In addition, Imam Az-Zuhri said, If the

knowledge of all women was compared to the knowledge of Aaishah, Aaishas knowledge will be greater.

The Ruling on Slandering Her

There are those who still accuse the mother of the believers, Aaishah, may Allah be pleased with her, with the same accusations that were heralded against her at the time of the Prophet, meaning that she had
    committed adultery. Allah Himself had testified to her innocence from this grave accusation by revealing Ayat of the Quran stating her innocence and the Kufr
    of those who insist on this misguidance. Those who utter this grave accusation, such as the Rafidhah (Shiites) and the heretics, are Kuffar and not Muslims anymore, and this is the consensus of the Muslim Ummah. The scholars who affirmed this ruling include
    the following:

Imam Malik said, He who slanders Aaishah
    must be executed. This is because he would be contradicting and rejecting the Quran. He also said, This is because Allah has said- translation of the meaning of what He said-, ( Allah forbids you from it
    and warns you not to repeat the like of it forever, if you are believers) [24:17]. Therefore, he who repeats this evil accusation will have fallen into Kufr. In
    addition, he said, He who accuses her is contradicting and rejecting the Quran, and he who does this has to be killed. Imam Ibn Hazm agreed with Imam Malik, and he said, Maliks statement is correct, and this is a complete Riddah (reversion from Islam) and belying Allah Who has affirmed her innocence and honor.

Furthermore, Imam Ibn Qudamah Al-Maqdisi
    said, He who accuses her of committing the crime that Allah has cleared her from is a Kafir in Allah. As for
    Imam An-Nawawi, he affirmed this, saying, If someone casts doubts against her honor, we seek refuge in Allah from that, he then becomes a Kafir and Murtad according to the consensus of the Ummah. Imam Ibn

Al-Qayyim agreed with all this, saying, The Ummah has consented that whoever doubts her honor is a Kafir. Other scholars of Islam that agreed with this position include: Ibn Hajar Al-Haythami, Ibn Al-

Arabi, Mohammad bin Abdulwahab, and many others.

Therefore, it is clear that accusing the mother of the believers, Aaishah, may Allah be pleased with her, of committing adultery, and slandering her, then this is an act of Kufr and constitutes a reversion from

Islam and abandoning the creed of As-Salaf. We refer those who require more details on this subject to read the books of the Salaf on matters of belief, such as As-

Sunnah for Imam Ahmad, As-Sunnah for Ibn Abi

Aasim, among many others. In these books, one will clearly see how the Salaf honored the companion of the

Messenger of Allah and followed their righteous lead,

including his wife, Aaishah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    29:45
    '...and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without
    doubt...'
    The Prophet (SAW)
    has warned us:
    When I was taken up into heaven, I passed by people who had copper claws tearing at their faces and chests. I asked, 'Who are these O Jibreel?' He replied: 'They those who ate the flesh of people and insulted
    their honor.
    [Ahmad, Abu Dawood]
    Abu Harayrah reprted that he heard the Messenger (SAW) say:
    Indeed a servant may say a word which he doesn't realize and it will
    make him fall into the fire further than the East and West.
    [Bukharee, Muslim]
    The
    Prophet confirmed:
    The Eemaan of Allaah's servant will not be upright until his heart is
    upright and his heart will not be upright until his tongue is upright.
    [Ahmad]

------------------
    "I am not playing with a full deck!"

Thnkx for sharing !!! very informative

Jazakallah khair !!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Great article.

Some other virtues that you may have skipped over unintentionally:

1) Holding malice against Imam Ali (as) and his ahl-bait.

2) Fighting against Amir ul Momineen, Imam Ali (as) by instigating muslims to join the battle aginst the Imam.

3) Dis-obeying the prophet (pbuh) on many occassions, with one particular incident causing her to receive a warning by Allah (swt) (as seen by the verse in the holy qur'an).

Jazakallah.

Comment

Good'ne Abdul Basit bhai.
        Post something on the other ummihat as well.
        Bibi Umme-Salma (as), or Bibi Khateja (as).

Bibi Khateja was the best wife. Hazoor cried for her, and missed her throughout his life. She did so much for Islam. Also gave us the "flower of jannat", Bibi Syeda (as).

Jazak-Allah

Comment

Mashallah very informative ..there is no doubt that Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) loved and cared bout Hazrat Ayesha vey much.. but strangely here some people think they know more than even prophet Muhammad about her and try to malign her name.. and its shameful..
          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

mashallah-te-subhan Allah...
            very hi nice-te-informative kaka-basit...
            thanx 4 sharing...
            God bless u all...

DerVaisH

------------------
            muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
            bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
            abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
            girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:
              Thanks for sharing. Great article.

Some other virtues that you may have skipped over unintentionally:

1) Holding malice against Imam Ali (as) and his ahl-bait.

2) Fighting against Amir ul Momineen, Imam Ali (as) by instigating muslims to join the battle aginst the Imam.

3) Dis-obeying the prophet (pbuh) on many occassions, with one particular incident causing her to receive a warning by Allah (swt) (as seen by the verse in the holy qur'an).

Jazakallah.
              right on the money!!!!

bro why are these ppl so ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by Sheraz CT:
                right on the money!!!!

.. yes we r all ignorant but the select few in the world like you are all knowing.. u got some sourses that r so secret that ordinary people like us cant reach it.. Holy Prophet wife is the closest person to him and he knows well about her..
                ..u had already insulted Holy Prophet earliar here by calling his wife a gali ..shame ..

Comment

Good article Abdul Basit!

Islam is so self-explainatory and enrichening that a read or recitation every time around is a revival of the process of personal growth all over again.

a1shah, had Hazrat Ali been alive, I am sure upon hearing such heartening and respectful comments concerning the wife of the man he (Hazrat Ali) held near and dear over any other man in this world, would have caused Hazrat Ali to send a chariot of pegasus in your direction, so you may race your way to heaven before and beyond any other muslim. But not to worry, I am sure your angels are occupied writing off your first class ticket to heaven at this very moment!

Verily, those who brought forth the slander (against Ayesha the wife of the Prophet SAW) are a group among you. Consider it not a bad thing for you. Nay, it is good for you. Unto every man among them will be paid that which he had earned of the sin, and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be a great torment.(24:11)

When you were propagating it with your tongues, and uttering with your mouths that whereof you had no knowledge, you counted it a little thing, while with Allah it was very great.(24:15)

Unfortunately to break the thin ice you are walking upon, the One and Only All-Wise, All-Just, and All-Knower, Himself, has defended the whole of Hazrat Ayesha's character in the Quran!

Slandering, Cursing, bad-mouthing pious women, all fall under the category of one of the greatest of sins! And Allah distinguishes doers of such from the rest, very clearly in Quran.

And those who accuse chaste women, and produce not four witnesses, flog them with eighty stripes, and reject their testimony forever. They indeed are the Fasiquns

Comment

right on the money!!!!

Oh yeah...right on the money!!!
                    ab jao or issi baat per apna sar peeto....thats something u ppl have mastered.

------------------
                    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.

Comment

right on the money!!!!

as expected you had to come in 'anti-Shia' thread and start puking...

Can any body (from both 'sects shia n sunni') tell me about "gheebat / back biting" ??? what it means and what is punishment for it?

------------------
                      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

why dont yall discuss the point a1shah mentioned..i know you cant..that will prove you and ur aisha wrong..which she was

if she was loved by Prophet then how come she had to fight fight his beloved cousin/his son in law

seriously this time just discuss the points..just stupid bull****ting like them

Comment

gheebat

majlis main suna tha..molana keh rahay thay gheebat kerna aisa hi hai jaisay apnay murda bhai ka gosht khana ho..so u can imagine

Comment

gheebat

majlis main suna tha..molana keh rahay thay gheebat kerna aisa hi hai jaisay apnay murda bhai ka gosht khana ho..so u can imagine
                            .. chalo majlis se koi achi chez bhi sekh li..ye Sahaba Karam ko bura bhala kehna kahan se sekha ?
                            .. Hazrat Ali (R.A) ne to kissi ko kabhi bhi bura nahin kaha..to aap kis ko follow kar rahe hen ?
                            .. and ur still confused that hazrat Muhammad liked his wife Hazrat Ayesha ? kia majlis men nahin batate?

Comment

degas i hate the enemies of Ahlebait..u know there are many reasons but u dont want to agree with me...majlis main achi hi baatain hoti hain..khair i gotta go right now i will check u out later

Comment

Working...
                              X