Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extravagance

Fwd'ing

One of the Ansar (indigenous people of Madinah) once prepared food and sent it to the home of 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (radhi Allahu 'anh). When Ali and Fatimah sat down, Fatimah remembered her father, the Prophet of Allah, and said, "This is such nice food, I wonder if my father has eaten his dinner." Ali immediately went to invite him (salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) over to their home for dinner. Rasul Allah happily accepted the invitation and accompanied Ali home. As he entered the house, he saw that Fatimah (radhi Allahu 'anha) had decorated the house with expensive curtains. He immediately turned around and left. Ali approached him and asked, "Why are you upset, O Rasul Allah? What have we done?" He calmly answered, "It is not permitted for a Messenger of Allah to enter a house which has extravagant decorations!"

Something to consider: If the Prophet were to visit YOUR home today, would he feel comfortable and welcome entering it ?

YMFN

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

hmmmm just waiting for a1shah and co to strike
    Im not sure about this. Neither do i want to assume anything.
    Don't know if ISLAM would be the same ISLAM if it would have started in 1900?!

------------------
    "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Yea, then Rasool would not be content with entering Uthman's house during his caliphate with all the expensive jewels!!
      Anyways, as long we're on th subject, a few questions:
      Was it a popular rebellion that killed Uthman?
      Did Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr and Aisha bint Abu Bakr lead the rebellion?
      I just read this in one of those biased books made to make Othman look good like that movie Gandhi made Gandhi look good, and ignored that he was a fascist and a rascist.

[This message has been edited by Salman (edited September 01, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Salman:
        Anyways, as long we're on th subject, a few questions:
        Was it a popular rebellion that killed Uthman?

[This message has been edited by Salman (edited September 01, 2001).]
        how is ur question related to topic?

------------------
        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
          how is ur question related to topic?

Exactly !!! Khuda ka wasta hai stick to the topic !!! and plz don't turn this thread into some shia/sunni haterd/war thread !!!

Jazakallah khair !!!

Comment

If you don't know the answer it's ok. Maybe because of Uthman's "EXTRAVAGANCE" he was assasinated.

Comment

If you don't know the answer it's ok. Maybe because of Uthman's "EXTRAVAGANCE" he was assasinated.
              please, stop puking. instead of coming with some intelligent discussion you are diverting the thread.

Saadia : very nice info u shared , it helps us to know how 'worldly'/'materialistic' we have become in our practical life.

------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:

Saadia : very nice info u shared , it helps us to know how 'worldly'/'materialistic' we have become in our practical life.

yeh !!!

Comment

Why don't you TRY sticking to the topic? Please. If you want to ask some unrelated questions, you can open a new thread and if someone wants to answer you, they will.

I replied in a short few lines so you can take your time 'reading' it.

------------------
                  "I am not playing with a full deck!"

Comment

Working...
                  X