Is organ Donation allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is organ Donation allowed?

Living in Southern California, they ask you if you would like to be an organ donor... a little pink dot is put on your Driver's license. In case you are about to expire.. the will know whether or not they can use your organs for donation/research.

I have opted to be a donor but I don't know the Islamic ramifications of this or even if it's allowed at all.

I was wondering if some of you would enlighten me. If I had a choice, I would prefer my organs to to a Muslim but at the same time.. I think that's really not fair because a life is a life (in need) whether it's Muslim or otherwise.

I'd love to hear some responses on this one.

------------------
    Share your experiences - they cost you nothing but will make us all richer.

It is forbidden to donate organs because our bodys belong to Allah and therefore we have no say over it.

Comment

I have heard that organ donation is allowed. It is considered as a form of charity.
      "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Originally posted by aishaA:
        I have heard that organ donation is allowed. It is considered as a form of charity.
        yes it is!

Comment

I don't see any problem with that. You are actually helping someone!
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
          X