X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who are Deobandi's

who are Deobandi's, where do they come from and what
    are their beliefs?

They are an offshoot of the Wahabis, and believe that all other Muslims who don't believe in thier religion are heretics, infidels and devils.

Comment

Actually (am I'm not speaking as a Deobandi) the Deobandis are a subsection of the Hanafi school of thought of Sunni Islam. Their name arises from the fact that their views originate from a madrassah in the Indian town of Deoband.

Despite the madrassah's Indian location, most of it's supporters live in Pakistan and Afghanistan - the Taliban were originally Deobandis, although their views have now differed a little from the Deobandis.

Brother Salman, the Deobandis have nothing to do with the Wahabis. The Deobandis' views are generally related to those of the Hanafi school of thought, albeit more narrow-minded than much of Imam Hanafi's teachings (or so I feel); whereas Wahabi views are more closely related to those of the Hanbali school of thought.

[This message has been edited by mAd_ScIeNtIsT (edited August 30, 2001).]
      Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
      Al-Ghazali

Comment

That was informative Qaid!

Comment

But aren't Hanabali and Hanafi only in regard towards Islamic jurisprudence?

Comment

I would consider myself as a Deobandi. There beliefs as stated by a brother are Hanafi and Maturidi in creed. Followers of Chishtiyah tariqah. Best thing for any one interested in learning about them is to visit their web sites. Some are listed below:
            www.albalagh.net www.jamiat.co.za www.shariah.net www.inter-islam.org www.binoria.org

Wasalam.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up, Brother iqadeer
              Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
              Al-Ghazali

Comment

Working...
              X