Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam & Peace

Islam is the most peaceful religion.

We look at Islam in its practical phenomenon. May be history has not justified people like Gorry, Ghazanavi and Abdali! May be they were good and kind people!

We have just come out of 20th century. There we have seen tyranny savage figures, looking for blood bath around.
    Ayatollah Khomeiny killed his own people, killed Muslims on the name of religion.
    Col Gaddaffi is a known notorious killer of his own people, also Muslims.
    Saddam Hussain is not behind others in killing Muslims on the name of religion.

Iran-Iraq war and both the sides boast of being true Muslim. Kurd Muslims being killed by Saddam.
    Taleban is nowhere a peaceful movement.

Why Muslims kill Muslims?

If all above notorious tyrants are frauds and exploited religion for dirty ends, is Islam so cheap?

You are in no position to judge Islam. First fix your caste system and then come back. And also, do not always judge a religion by its people, judge a religion by its scripture! Do you know the word Islam means "Peace and Submission to God"? Its true that Islamic world is at a decline in this century (and yet the fastest growing faith) but consider the fact that Islam has also seen many flourishing empires through the centuries, which brought advancements in Mathematics, science, biology and medicine. I could go on telling you the many signs remaining of those times today. For e.g, the test tubes and beakers were all arabic inventions and "Algebra" comes from the root arabic word "Algabr". Its like you would judge Christianity because of the Crusades even though Christianity doesn't teach that. Today you would not consider Christians violent but during the age of the crusades, people used to call Christians violent. So don't be so blind and understand world faiths with an open mind. It seems that you are not here to learn, rather to discredit and insult Islam and its followers. I bet you would mostly skip through my post and only go for the posts which look for creating a fight or rivalry.

[This message has been edited by Astronut (edited August 17, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Astronut:
      You are in no position to judge Islam. First fix your caste system and then come back. And also, do not always judge a religion by its people, judge a religion by its scripture!
      You asking toooooooo much...

Comment

Originally posted by Astronut:
        You are in no position to judge Islam. First fix your caste system and then come back. [This message has been edited by Astronut (edited August 17, 2001).]
        Actually we are fixing it and the process started with Gandhi..in democracy no one group can have more power than others, it is the numbers game. We have low caste leaders and Ministers.

Now how about fixing your hatred and killings..

Comment

..so ur claiming that all muslims in the world r killers by citing few people?? u seem to sound like western media which never sees bright things happening in east and dig out some evils and blow them..
          ..personally how many muslims u have met who killers or morally low..if u have then its a point to debate..
          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
            Actually we are fixing it and the process started with Gandhi..in democracy no one group can have more power than others, it is the numbers game. We have low caste leaders and Ministers.

Now how about fixing your hatred and killings..

Yes we are all killers and murderers! I personally keep a voodoo doll to attack my victims. Your lack of maturity amazes me! The funny thing is, the Muslims are the victims in all these and she calls us killers. From Chechnya to Palestine to Kashmir. Not to mention Afghanistan who were attacked by the Russians (Oh! and the Russians are not Muslim). You are the biggest example of a stereotyping person. If we are all killers and murderers, then why do you come here?

[This message has been edited by Astronut (edited August 17, 2001).]

Comment

bro astronut, Hindu people in this forum have admitted that Hinduism is not a religion. so whenver you discuss with a Hindu tell them that they have no religion.

Just out of curiosity, who demolished Babri Masjid? Muslims?
              why were those Hindus so tyrant? so intolerant? so destructive? looking at them can we label "ALL HINDUS ARE TYRANTS, ALL HINDUS ARE DESTRUCTIVE" etc. etc.?? just answer this one and it would make your life much more easier

------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skv anand:
                Why Muslims kill Muslims?

Ibrahim says; Muslims do not kill Muslims because it has been specifically warned against in Islam on the other hand people do kill each other on account of numerous reasons which has NOTHING to do with religion although religion would be used as its cover.

But since you are hindu let me give you the reason ( in religion) using your own scripture. So that you will not be able to dispute anything!

Read!

Therefore, Arjuna, you should always think of Me in the form of Krsna and at the same time carry out your prescribed duty of fighting. With your activities dedicated to Me and your mind and intelligence fixed on Me, you will attain Me without doubt. [Gita 8:7]

Read! What the timeless veda conveys :-

"He who killed the serpent and loosed the seven rivers, who drove out the cows that had been pent up by Vala, who gave birth to fire between two stones, the winner of booty in combats -- he, my people, is Indra. He by whom all these changes were rung, who drove the race of Dasas down into obscurity, who took away the flourishing wealth of the enemy as a winning gambler takes the stake -- he, my people, is Indra. He about whom they ask, 'Where is he?', or they say of him, the terrible one, 'He does not exist', he who diminishes the flourishing wealth of the enemy as gambling does -- believe in him! He, my people, is Indra.... He without whom people do not conquer, he whom they call on for help when they are fighting, who became the image of everything, who shakes the unshakeable -- he, my people, is Indra." -- Rig Veda 2:12:3-9.

Now what do you suppose those who kill (jihad) in Hinduism would obtain??

Read!

'Those who fight without surrendering their weapons reach heaven from which there is no return' Siva Purana Uma Samhita 21.25

Hurry for hindu Jihad for they will reach heaven???

Comment

skv anand your *brain washed* by the media, which is constantly stereotyping Islam.

Why is Islam always judged by what some so called muslims do?????

When a gunman attacks a mosque in the name of Judaism, a Catholic IRA guerrilla sets off a bomb in an urban area, or Serbian Orthodox militiamen rape and kill innocent Muslim civilians, urine drinking Hindu soldiers slaughter and rape innocent muslims in Kashmir, Never are these acts attributed to the religion of the perpetrators.

Why does Islam always go to trial???

Like Astronut said "judge a religion by its scriptures not its people"

The caste system, suttee etc. are enough to prove hinduism is not a divine religon

[This message has been edited by Shehzaada (edited August 17, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzaada:

Why does Islam always go to trial???

Like Astronut said "judge a religion by its scriptures not its people"

The caste system, suttee etc. are enough to prove hinduism is not a divine religon

Muslim Locality Attacked

Indian state minister leads attack on Muslim location

Lucknow, Aug 15, -- A minister in the state government of Uttar Pradesh, India, has led a group of Hindu extremists in an attack on a locality that is inhabited mainly by Muslims, which is situated on the border with Nepal.

The pretext for the attack was that the Muslims had slaughtered a cow, which is considered by the Hindus as sacred.

The Hindu extremists burnt down 80 houses belonging to Muslims, who had fled the area out of fear for their lives. But when the police came to investigate, they found that it was a kind of cow that is not even eaten in the area.

In the meantime, the Hindu extremists also looted a Muslim school and then burned it down.

Ibrahim says; Now this is based on religion and have to be considered as such. Will any hindu STAND UP and be proud of his religion???

Comment

Skinand,
                      If you show me proof that the Ayatollah Khomeini(pbuh) killed any Muslim or American, I'll give you 100 more Muslims killed by the Shah. *******s like you need to have their throats cut off and heads thrown in a swamp.

Comment

Christianity urges to pardon enemy.
                        Buddhism does not recognize enmity. Some of Hindu religious books predict to make all efforts for peace.
                        Quran dictates Jihad.

Rude criticism, counter attacks but no one has answered the very simple question.

Throughout Islamic history we see only bloodbath.
                        Ayatollah Khomeiny, Gaddaffi or rest, their killing squads have carried banner of Islam. Is it false that in Islamic world majority Muslim killings are credited to Muslims?
                        Where peace is hidden in Islam?

Can someone name at least one Islamic State where laws are humanitarian and equal for all?

Comment

No one can name an islamic state because an islamic state does not exist. The lack of education and understanding of people has been exploited by those who have always coveted power and the word Islam has been cheaply thrown about to rally support from the masses who know nothing.

I do recommend that you tabulate muslims killed by non muslims, whether it is chechnya, palestine, bosina etc.

warfare in the name of religion has existed everywhere and in each era, whether it was spanish inquisition, whether it was genocide of americans by the spaniards, massive kilings in the name of god in crusades, or killing of jews by christians..conveniently referred to as nazis and not christians .. just a few decades ago. So war in the name of religion is not a new concept and is definitely not solely applicable to supposed islamic countries

The actions of a few in powerful positions do not represent the aspirations and suffering of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by skv anand:
                            Ayatollah Khomeiny killed his own people, killed Muslims on the name of religion.

The ayatollah killed people coz they were condemmed by Religion to be killed.

In Islam a adulter is to be killed. so are gays and strippers.

Did you know there were over 1000 nude beaches in Iran?

He only killed for Islam coz if he did not allah would punish him!!

Comment

Originally posted by skv anand:
                              Christianity urges to pardon enemy.
                              Buddhism does not recognize enmity. Some of Hindu religious books predict to make all efforts for peace.
                              Quran dictates Jihad.

Why do you always belive Jihad is Killing or murdering?

Jihad is fighting in the way of Allah!!be it war or be it debate or be it in Hijab when everyone around you is in unaccetable clothing.......

Jihad is not having a sword in your hand and killing!! That is the misunderstanding created by hindus, and the rest of the world!!

Comment

Working...
                              X