What constitution of Pak says about religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What constitution of Pak says about religion

Please read carefully it applies equally to all religions in Pak.

Section 295 of the Pakistan Penal Code. It stipulates: “Whoever destroys, damages or defiles any place of worship, or any object held sacred by any class of persons with the intention of thereby insulting the religion of any class of persons or with the knowledge that any class of persons is likely to consider such destruction, damage or defilement as an insult to their religion, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.”
    “Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of citizens [of Pakistan], by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representations insults the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.” (By the Second Amendment Act XVI of 1991 the term of imprisonment was extended to ten years.)

Considering the amount insulting language used in this forum, against Hinduism and Islam, most of the gupsup members who are out of Pakistan should feel lucky. And For those who are in Pakistan , please watch out!!!!

Comment

I know abdali, but unfortunately , the ground reality is opposite. The consititution is never fully implemented otherwise we wouldn't have this disharmony among sects.

One threat from relegious group and constitution goes out of windows in at all levels in administration and courts.

------------------
      "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited August 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited August 26, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Insaaniat:
        I know abdali, but unfortunately , the ground reality is opposite. The consititution is never fully implemented otherwise we wouldn't have this disharmony among sects.

One threat from relegious group and constitution goes out of windows in at all levels in administration and courts.
        you are very much right...

bro Abdali.... where can I read the constituition of Pakistan? I really need to read it. I'd appreciate authentic websites. Thanks in advance

------------------
        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Insaaniat:

Yeah very right INSAANIAT.
          Secondly there have been a lot christian ppl mocked and insulted by our muslim ppl. Those ppl get away with this so easily.
          Should be some penality on them aswell like the blasphemy law.

Im posting this here coz a very nice christian family (our own neighbours!!) living in lhr had to experience with such type of ppl (indeed, a whole muslim community). My father used to tell me even more cases.
          It was horrifying.
          Allthough my father told me 10-20 years before the situation was well "balanced" but from time to time its getting worse.

------------------
          "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
          Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
            you are very much right...

bro Abdali.... where can I read the constituition of Pakistan? I really need to read it. I'd appreciate authentic websites. Thanks in advance

http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/constitution/

Comment

Working...
            X