X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why there is no muslim nurses?

is it against islam to become nurses?
    most of the people from indian sub-continent
    are christian nurses? helping other human being when they are sick is compassionate
    profession.

have u ever been to Pakistan ? Islam is not against nursing profession and there r nurses in every hospital and are muslims..
    Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
      are christian nurses? helping other human being when they are sick is compassionate
      profession.
      Dude are you alright?

Comment

>>is it against islam to become nurses?<<<

To put it simply, no.

>>most of the people from indian sub-continent are christian nurses?<<

I'm sorry, are you making a statement or asking a question?

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:
          >>is it against islam to become nurses?<<<

To put it simply, no.

>>most of the people from indian sub-continent are christian nurses?<<

I'm sorry, are you making a statement or asking a question?

you se more christian nurses than from
          other religens in southasia.
          may be afghan edict against females treating
          males influensed my thinking.

Comment

this question perhaps is coming from someone who has never seen Pakistan, or other Muslim country (Muslim populated). Pakistani hospitals are full of Muslim nurses, need more answers? just ask.

------------------
            We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

you se more christian nurses than from
              other religens in southasia.
              so youre talking about south asia...meaning, you got the idea from india. Why sweep Pakistan into that generalization as well?

However, there is one point to be noted here...that the pre-partition era brought in many missionaries from the UK, Ireland etc. And those missionaries usually settle in the nursing profession or as a nun in a convent.

The right way to say it would be..that most christians in south asia adopt nursing as a profession. You cant say that most nurses are christian. Pakistani hospitals are filled with muslim nurses.

Comment

We have read that first nurse was Florence Nightingale but I do remember reading a story in muslim history when women looked after men during war. Could somebody please confirm this.

Comment

In every muslim countries there r muslim nurses and is a very respectible profession ..rvikz u should go less to hate sites and I think u r seeing too many Indian movies where nurses r mostly steriotyped as Christian.. there r several nursing schools in Pakistan where they can have higher education..

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:

We have read that first nurse was Florence Nightingale but I do remember reading a story in muslim history when women looked after men during war. Could somebody please confirm this.
                    Florence Nightingale sort of made "nursing" a profession. There were always women following armies at war and caring for the wounded - often these women were family of some of the soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.133 Narrated by Ar Rubayyi bint Muauwidh

We were in the company of the Prophet providing the wounded with water and treating them and bringing the killed to Medina (from the battle field).

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 7.618 Narrated by Sahl bin Saud As Saidi

When the helmet broke on the head of the Prophet and his face became covered with blood and his incisor tooth broke (i.e. during the battle of Uhud), 'Ali used to bring water in his shield while Fatima was washing the blood off his face. When Fatima saw that the bleeding increased because of the water, she took a mat (of palm leaves), burnt it, and stuck it (the burnt ashes) on the wound of Allah's Apostle, whereupon the bleeding stopped.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith Hadith 4.131 Narrated by Anas

On the day (of the battle) of Uhad when (some) people retreated and left the Prophet, I saw 'Aisha bint Abu Bakr and Um Sulaim, with their robes tucked up so that the bangles around their ankles were visible hurrying with their water skins (in another narration it is said, "carrying the water skins on their backs"). Then they would pour the water in the mouths of the people, and return to fill the water skins again and came back again to pour water in the mouths of the people.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 5.398 Narrated byThalaba bin Abi Malik

'Umar bin Al-Khattab distributed woolen clothes amongst some women of Medina, and a nice woolen garment remained. Some of those who were sitting with him, said, "O chief of the believers! Give it to the daughter of Allah's Apostle who is with you," and by that, they meant Um Kulthum, the daughter of 'Ali. 'Umar said, "Um Salit has got more right than she." Um Salit was amongst those Ansari women who had given the pledge of allegiance to Allah's Apostle. 'Umar added, "She (i.e. Um Salit) used to carry the filled water skins for us on the day of the battle of Uhud."

Comment

In every single Muslim country there are schools producing female nurses.

And the answer to your question is that women are permitted to be nurses in Islam.
                        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                        Al-Ghazali

Comment

rvikz bro, what have u got against muslims ???

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Man:
                            Florence Nightingale sort of made "nursing" a profession. There were always women following armies at war and caring for the wounded - often these women were family of some of the soldiers.
                            I know that women always helped men during war but I was on about a proper nursing by a muslim lady. I can't remember her name. I will find out and post it here.

Thanks Ibrahim.

Comment

profession.
                              rvikz
                              you are behaving like the provobial "ponds frog"
                              you have to realize there are many islamic countries and they have nurses who happen to be muslims but if you are talking about india then perhaps you have a point cause there are very few indian muslim nurses thats true most of the nurses in india happen to be christians and particularly from the state of kerala but there are a large number of muslim lady doctors in india

Comment

Working...
                              X