why not do things the easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not do things the easy way

hindus worship statues so its easy to see the god they worship, instead of imagining a god in space....but to make life easy why dont hindus just worship flowers or , cos they remind of god...isnt worshipping gods creation better than worshippin some wooden statue, cos worshippin natural stuff is better than worshippin man made stuff....gods might be happier.

im not trying to be funny i just want the facts.

Hindus worship god from all manesfestations. Just because they have an object before them doesnt mean they are worshipping the object.

Its somewhat similar to praying in mosque, and feeling better about it, when God is everywhere and praying at home is just as good. It the srpirit and feeling that count.

Comment

Sufi, why do muslims kiss the Hajre-Aswad? I know you are not trying to be funny, you are only being what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
        Sufi, why do muslims kiss the Hajre-Aswad? I know you are not trying to be funny, you are only being what you are.
        kissing hajr-e-aswad is not part of 'beleif', 'faith', you will not be kafir if you don't kiss hajr-e-aswad.

------------------
        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanhaa:
          Hindus worship god from all manesfestations. Just because they have an object before them doesnt mean they are worshipping the object.

Its somewhat similar to praying in mosque, and feeling better about it, when God is everywhere and praying at home is just as good. It the srpirit and feeling that count.
          Ibrahim says; Dear Tanhaa! This amounts to talking without knowledge!

The hindus worship what they see or have heard about a particular idol and NOT God ( the supreme spirit called “Brahman” in Hinduism). Hindus belief that God lives in them and in that sense they worship themselves too…find out what “namaste” means if you want to understand this better.

Hence they worship the idol and idol worship is the most important creed in Brahmanism aka Hinduism

Second the Veda itself confirms that there will be NO MANIFESTATIONS or IMAGE of God…hence all that the hindus do amounts to folly due to misconceptions and misinterpretations of scared texts by its followers.

Read!

"na tasya pratima asti
          "There is no image of Him."
          [Yajurveda 32:3]5

"shudhama poapvidham"
          "He is bodyless and pure."
          [Yajurveda 40:8]6

"Ekam evadvitiyam"
          "He is One only without a second."
          [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]1

"Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
          "Of Him there are neither parents nor lord."
          [Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]2

"Na tasya pratima asti"
          "There is no likeness of Him."
          [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]3

"Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
          "They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
          [Yajurveda 40:9]7

Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Hence hindus are those that will enter darkness (hell) on account of worshipping created things!, this is further confirmed by the Gita

Read!

Here is some evidence that the Monotheistic foundation of Islam is the Truth, from Hindu scriptures. This is from a copy of of the BG (published by The Bhaktivendata Book Trust) with commentary and explanations from "His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada". He is supposed to be the world's foremost Vedic scholar and teacher.

Here is Chapter 7, Text 23, "Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My planet."

Swamiji's commentary on this verse: It is not that everyone, regardless of whatever demigod is worshipped, will reach the Supreme Personality of Godhead. That is denied here, for it is clearly stated that the worshippers of demigods go to different planets in the material world but the devotee of the Supreme Lord goes directly to the supreme planet of the Supreme God."

As you can see here, you will never be reunited with God if you worship any other.

This is what the BG says and that is what the Scholar says. In that sense, I don't see how any Hindu can claim Muslims will go wrong since we worship the Almighty and Supreme God and no other.

Comment

Is there any substantiation regarding your Hindu Gods that they ever existed?

I don’t understand the logic of worshiping own made gods and then giving them certain shapes, for instance giving them more than 2 hands or legs and to give them elephant nose. I mean this just doesn’t get to me?

How could you worship something that you guys make with your own hands and then call them “gods”?

One day I was watching this news channel and all of sudden I see thousands of “naked” (totally exposed) people running in some sort of sea water, I couldn’t figure it out what was it about but that water looked so damn dirty I mean a normal living human being wouldn’t want to use it. Later I found out that it was some Hindu festival and I just couldn’t believe that how grubby and foul-mouthed these people are and how could they just jump into that dirty looking water (all naked) and then talk about how much pious they are and their sins are all washed off!!!

Could someone enlighten on these asked questions?

Comment

like i said, i think its easier if hindus worship flowers and mountains because then they dont have to make the effort making statues, probably saves money too.

some might say this is the most logical way of worshipping.

Comment

Yet to see an answer from a hindu.

Comment

Not speaking as a Hindu but merely as someone who studied Hinduism at one point, I believe that (contrary to popular opinion) Hindu's do not 'worship' idols.

They believe that God is everywhere and that each 'god' is simply a manifestation of his (or her's!) many qualities. The 'idols' are merely representations of, but not, God in themselves. In as much as we would show respect for a holy book, a priest or a mosque the same goes for their 'idols' in that the 'idol' is purely symbolic and not in itself an object of worship.

Sure they could worship a flower, but they have never 'worshiped' objects in the true sense of the word. They worship the one God who created this world just like we do, albeit with a radically different philosophy.

I hope this clarifies thing somewhat. I apologize in advance for any unwitting inaccuracies My memory is somewhat rusty.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot25:

Not speaking as a Hindu but merely as someone who studied Hinduism at one point, I believe that (contrary to popular opinion) Hindu's do not 'worship' idols.

They believe that God is everywhere and that each 'god' is simply a manifestation of his (or her's!) many qualities. The 'idols' are merely representations of, but not, God in themselves. In as much as we would show respect for a holy book, a priest or a mosque the same goes for their 'idols' in that the 'idol' is purely symbolic and not in itself an object of worship.

That is the way it is supposed to be. But to the common hindu it is not so. An average person off the street will probably tell you that the idol is god.

In many temples there are huge crowds that gather to see the idol. To these people the idol is no longer a representation of god but god itself.

"A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Originally posted by aishaA:
                      That is the way it is supposed to be. But to the common hindu it is not so. An average person off the street will probably tell you that the idol is god.

In many temples there are huge crowds that gather to see the idol. To these people the idol is no longer a representation of god but god itself.

and at some point the idols start to drink milk probably they become hungry every 100 or so years.

------------------
                      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Buddhism - Lord Buddha statues
                        Sikhism - worship of a book
                        Islam - worship of the black stone at Kabbah
                        Catholics - statues in all the churches
                        Jews - the Torah

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
                          Islam - worship of the black stone at Kabbah
                          Ibrahim says; rvikz you fail primarily because you try to say things without knowledge.

Muslims worship ONLY Allah (swt) and none other- not even the Prophet!

Comment

it seems ny ahmadi bro and rvikz are obssessed with the black stone...bacharay.

for ur knowledge guys, we dont worship the black stone, we dont pray to it....hindus pray to their statues and ask them for help but we dont ask the black stone for help..its an important artefact, thats all.....okay ahmadi bro and rvikz bro ???

Comment

RVIKZ

Can you kindly tell us where you have gained your Knowledge.

I must admit, the best one I've heard in many years is 'the Jews worship the Torah and the Muslims the Ka'aaba'.

Just imagine if you was a teacher. The success rate of your pupils examinations would be minus 100%!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X