Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali_R
    replied
    I try to catch views from different ppl, documents and information sources and after that i connect every single information process to one (incl. quran) finally I assimilate it for adopting and utilizing it.

------------------
    "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"

Leave a comment:

• sholay
    replied

There are people in this world who are more knowledgeable than others. In addition, some people have a higher connection with Allah due to their conduct, deen, deeds etc etc.

The Qur'aan makes this implicitly clear.

039.009 Is one who worships devoutly during the hour of the night prostrating himself or standing (in adoration), who takes heed of the Hereafter, and who places his hope in the Mercy of his Lord - (like one who does not)? Say: "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition.

017.021 See how We have bestowed more on some than on others; but verily the Hereafter is more in rank and gradation and more in excellence.

006.083 That was the reasoning about Us, which We gave to Abraham (to use) against his people: We raise whom We will, degree after degree: for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.

Why do we go to school when we can all learn at home!

A sheikh or moulana to me is no different than a teacher.

History tells us that when the Sahaaba had any queries, they would ask the Prophet PBUH. In other words he was their Sheikh. I agree, that some people may misinterperate the meaning of Sheikh, but to me it is a fundamental learning tool to utilise. If individual interperatations became dominant, then this will confuse the masses.

The reason why the Ummah has survived for so long is due to the 'Human Chain Link Connection'.

In this day and age it is very hard to find genuine Sheikhs and Mullahs, only Allah knows best.

However it is every Muslims duty to search for Knowledge and Allahs Bountys:

035.012 Nor are the two bodies of flowing water alike,- the one palatable, sweet, and pleasant to drink, and the other, salt and bitter. Yet from each (kind of water) do ye eat flesh fresh and tender, and ye extract ornaments to wear; and thou seest the ships therein that plough the waves, that ye may seek (thus) of the Bounty of Allah that ye may be grateful.

045.012 It is Allah Who has subjected the sea to you, that ships may sail through it by His command, that ye may seek of his Bounty, and that ye may be grateful.

003.007 ......And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.

Finally, I would just like to quote the following ayat even though it is not related to the topic, but I just love it as it gives me an undescribable feeling:

073.020 Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth (to prayer) nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you (in mercy): read ye, therefore, of the Qur’an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah’s bounty; yet others fighting in Allah’s Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur’an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah’s Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Leave a comment:

• X_Communist
    replied
    Ammar ur absolutely right but if i commit such acts (listening to music, dancing) and I know I won't refrain from performing them in the future then ofcourse the need to review and revise sunnah isn't necessary.

My original question still remains: where does a sheikh, maulana, etc fit in this lifestyle? If I need TRUE guidance, I'm sure I'll be able to find it through a faithful search of the holy book and the pathway set by teh Prophet, no? I mean, a sheikh/maulana is no more than me. Still human, nothing higher than teh already given title of ashraf-ul-makhlooqat.

----
    dang, spelled prophet wrong

[This message has been edited by X_Communist (edited August 17, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• ^DerVaisH^
    replied
    Originally posted by ammarr:
    well x_com i partly agree with you..

the thing is, even though we all claim that quran/sunnah is supposedly easy to comprehend for the normal person, its really not so..

you see we're involved in so many things everyday which are condemned/forbidden by islam.. things like listening to music, watching movies, skipping a prayer here n there, other minor sins etc.. now after we're involved in all these activities do we really think that quran/sunnah would effect us..? or that we'd be able to comprehend the deeper and yet obvious meanings of quran/sunnah..?

after you're following the basic tenants of islam to their fullest, yes, then maybe u can rely on yourself to decide what is right/wrong or what the quranic ayahs or hadiths mean.. and hey if u're sincerely looking for guidance u'll get it.. if u knowingly commit a few sins here n there (i.e. u're not sincere) and then expect quran/sunnah to guide you, then u're mistaken..

i dosra that...
    very hi nice kaka-ammar...
    thanx 4 sharing ur view...
    God bless u all...

maskeen-te-ghumgeen...
    DerVaisH

------------------
    muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
    bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
    abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
    girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Leave a comment:

• ammarr
    replied
    well x_com i partly agree with you..

the thing is, even though we all claim that quran/sunnah is supposedly easy to comprehend for the normal person, its really not so..

you see we're involved in so many things everyday which are condemned/forbidden by islam.. things like listening to music, watching movies, skipping a prayer here n there, other minor sins etc.. now after we're involved in all these activities do we really think that quran/sunnah would effect us..? or that we'd be able to comprehend the deeper and yet obvious meanings of quran/sunnah..?

after you're following the basic tenants of islam to their fullest, yes, then maybe u can rely on yourself to decide what is right/wrong or what the quranic ayahs or hadiths mean.. and hey if u're sincerely looking for guidance u'll get it.. if u knowingly commit a few sins here n there (i.e. u're not sincere) and then expect quran/sunnah to guide you, then u're mistaken..

------------------
    Kaante Chunkar Tera Daaman Phoolon Se Main Bhar Jaaoonga,
    Is Se Badi Saza Kya Hogi, Maaf Tujhe Main Kar Jaaoonga

Leave a comment:

• X_Communist
    started a topic My Sheikh, Your Sheikh, Our Sheikh

My Sheikh, Your Sheikh, Our Sheikh

A question:

I've never relied on a Sheikh, or Molana or such to guide me in terms of religion.

I've recently come across a lot of people here who rely on these "connected" people to guide them.

What I don't get is why we need someone else to guide us if we have been given the Quran and Sunnah to follow? Do we really need someone to interpret these simple laws and orders for us?
Working...
X