X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Ahadeeth On Characteristics Of Prayers

Fwd'ing

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 776:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said, "I have been ordered to prostrate on seven bones i.e. on the forehead along with the tip of the nose and the Prophet pointed towards his nose, both hands, both knees and the toes of both feet and not to gather the clothes or the hair."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 772:

Narrated Abu Wail: Hudhaifa said, "I saw a person not performing his bowing and prostrations perfectly. When he completed the prayer, I told him that he had not prayed." I think that Hudhaifa added (i.e. said to the man), "Had you died, you would have died on a tradition other than that of the Prophet Muhammad."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 762:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Imam says, "Sami' a-l-lahu Liman hamida," you should say, "Allahumma Rabbana laka-l- hamd." And if the saying of any one of you coincides with that of the angels, all his past sins will be forgiven."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 757:

Narrated Zaid binWahb: Hudhaifa saw a person who was not performing the bowing and prostrations perfectly. He said to him, "You have not prayed and if you should die you would die on a religion other than that of Muhammad."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 745:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abi Qatada: My father said, "The Prophet used to recite Al-Fatiha along with another Sura in the first two Rakat of the Zuhr and 'Asr prayers. A verse or so was audible at times and he used to prolong the first Rak'a.

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 723:

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever does not recite Al-Fatiha in his prayer, his prayer is invalid."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 707:

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd: The people were ordered to place the right hand on the left forearm in the prayer. Abu Hazim said, "I knew that the order was from the Prophet ."

Narrated Nafi':

Whenever Ibn 'Umar started the prayer with Takbir, he used to raise his hands: whenever he bowed, he used to raise his hands (before bowing) and also used to raise his hands on saying, "Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida", and he used to do the same on rising from the second Rak'a (for the 3rd Rak'a). Ibn 'Umar said: "The Prophet used to do the same."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 705:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I saw Allah's Apostle opening the prayer with the Takbir and raising his hands to the level of his shoulders at the time of saying the Takbir, and on saying the Takbir for bowing he did the same; and when he said, "Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida ", he did the same and then said, "Rabbana wa laka-l-hamd." But he did not do the same on prostrating and on lifting the head from it."

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 702:

Narrated Salim bin 'Abdullah: My father said, "Allah's Apostle used to raise both his hands up to the level of his shoulders when opening the prayer; and on saying the Takbir for bowing. And on raising his head from bowing he used to do the same and then say "Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida, Rabbana walaka-l-hamd." And he did not do that (i.e. raising his hands) in prostrations.

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 699:

Narrated Anas bin Malik Al-Ansari: Allah's Apostle rode a horse and fell down and the right side of his body was injured. On that day he prayed one of the prayers sitting and we also prayed behind him sitting. When the Prophet finished the prayer with Taslim, he said, "The Imam is to be followed and if he prays standing then pray standing, and bow when he bows, and raise your heads when he raises his head; prostrate when he prostrates; and if he says "Sami'a-l-lahu Liman hamida", you should say, "Rabbana wa-laka-l hamd.:

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)
Working...
X