nikah pr. telephone, is it valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nikah pr. telephone, is it valid?

is it? what conditions should be met? I remember reading once, it was not valid, however I am not sure about it.

Anyone here posessing knowledge about this?

------------------
    ~Survival of the smartest~

I wouldn't say that I have the knowledge of this issue, but I would think if both the parties were happy with the arrangement then the Niqah should be okay on the phone. There are issues that needs to be taken care of like the Groom and Bride be the right people and know each other and agree for marriage.

Comment

oh yes...everyone agrees to it...

are their any qualified answers ?

------------------
      ~Survival of the smartest~

Comment

What I have seen in these kind of nikahs is that besides both parties present at phone and agreeing there is a lawyer present who signs on behalf of one of the absent parties after taking permission from the person not present... and the two gawahs also present and talk to the person on phone..
        Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

nikah pr. telephone or is it telephone pr. nikah.

Comment

abdali, what????

there are a lot of rasm-o-rawaj on this matter, however a qualified answer from an islamic point of view would be nice

thanks

Comment

usually the groom sends a 'letter' or 'fax' nominating some member of family (i.e. father / guardian) to sign/accept on behalf of groom at the time of nikah. on phone, 'molvi' or 'nikah khawan' asks the groom (first nominated person confirms on the phone if the person really is groom) if he accepts... when the person says 'yes' 'accept' three times then the nominated person can sign on the document/nikahnama.

This is one situation of nikah on telephone that I know of... approved from a 'mufti'.

------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by aMiGo:
                is it? what conditions should be met? I remember reading once, it was not valid, however I am not sure about it.

Anyone here posessing knowledge about this?

aMiGo,
                Can you please define Nikah,...I think,..it should be invalid,..even though both parties are agreed,..its becoming a fashion now....We don't have any reference from any where which remotely can give us the clue about its validity.
                Therefore,...In my opinion its not Valid.
                Don't know about others.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Working...
                X