Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Islam Came into Indian Sub Continent(India,pak,Bangla,)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Islam Came into Indian Sub Continent(India,pak,Bangla,)

can anybody explain how Islam came into Sub continent

Dost, Why dig up old wounds. Whats the use. I'll tell you how?

Some Mullahs were travelling around the world talking about Islam, the people loved the message and millions converted. They tore down their own temples and churches and stuff, built Musjids and all have been living peacefully with the rest of the world till today.

Now lets discuss todays problems , instead of fixing the past.

[This message has been edited by Tanhaa (edited August 10, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Tanhaa:
      Dost, Why dig up old wounds. Whats the use. I'll tell you how?

Some Mullahs were travelling around the world talking about Islam, the people loved the message and millions converted. They tore down their own temples and churches and stuff, built Musjids and all have been living peacefully with the rest of the world till today.

Now lets discuss todays problems , instead of fixing the past.

[This message has been edited by Tanhaa (edited August 10, 2001).]
      Looks like you don't know much about history Tanha.

The reason Muslim came to Sub-Continent of India was when one of the Hindu Maharaja decided to send a pirate to rob the Ship travelling from Saudi Arabia to some other country (which I canít remember). The king of Saudi decided to send Mohammed Bin Qasim to get the women and children back. So they came to Karachi (also known as Dra ay Islam) and fought the wars and traveled up North to Multan and to south some where.

This is how Muslim today have Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Comment

Mbmagsi Bhai. That is an interesting story.

So for one incident, Saudi Arabia kept hammering Indians and Pakistanis for centuries. If that was true , we would all be speaking Arabic. and Urdu would be 80% Arabic. If Saudi were so mighty, what happened later on? Khair that was a good story.

The fact is that most Muslim invasions came via North East Khyber Pass. The only invasion from the west was Iranian. That is why Farsi has been the official language during Muslim rule in India. That is another reason why Urdu is heavily loaded with Farsi words.

Arabs were never in the picture. These days they are in Indo-Paki news when they are caught taking underage poor, innocent Muslim girls as so called wifes. If they were so worried about muslims , they would be nicely giving the Palestinians a hand in their struggle today.

Comment

Originally posted by mbmagsi:
          Looks like you don't know much about history Tanha.

The reason Muslim came to Sub-Continent of India was when one of the Hindu Maharaja decided to send a pirate to rob the Ship travelling from Saudi Arabia to some other country (which I canít remember). The king of Saudi decided to send Mohammed Bin Qasim to get the women and children back. So they came to Karachi (also known as Dra ay Islam) and fought the wars and traveled up North to Multan and to south some where.

This is how Muslim today have Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The sea route was from SL to Iraq, on the way close to port Daibul the ship was robbed by Raja Dahirs thugs. Dahir was the ruler at that time. One of the women was raped she cried and called for Hajaj. Hajaj Bin Yousaf was the ameer of Bagdad. When Hajaj heard the story he wrote a letter to Raja Dahir asking to return the ship and its passengers and punish the culprits. Dahir ignored all the requests. Hajah Bin Yousaf then send his nephew Mohammed-Bin-Qasim a 17 year old kid with an army of 15000 men. Qasim is the youngest General in the hsitory. He defeated Dahir recovered the loot distroyed Dahirs army. He stayed in Sindh for a few months. Before he was recalled by Hajaj he left the message of Islam behind and it spread all over India. I am not sure but the year was 711AD.

Comment

So for one incident, Saudi Arabia kept hammering Indians and Pakistanis for centuries. If that was true , we would all be speaking Arabic. and Urdu would be 80% Arabic. If Saudi were so mighty, what happened later on? Khair that was a good story.

The fact is that most Muslim invasions came via North East Khyber Pass. The only invasion from the west was Iranian. That is why Farsi has been the official language during Muslim rule in India. That is another reason why Urdu is heavily loaded with Farsi words.

Arabs were never in the picture. These days they are in Indo-Paki news when they are caught taking underage poor, innocent Muslim girls as so called wifes. If they were so worried about muslims , they would be nicely giving the Palestinians a hand in their struggle today.

Islam first enetered India through port Daibul/Sindh by Mohammed Bin Qasim.

Comment

I think bro Abdali gave a very good lesson on history of "how Islam came to Indian subcontinent".

It had nothing to do with "Saudi", it was not called "Saudi Arabia" at that time. They were all referred as "Arabs". However, Raja Dahir of the subcontinent was defeated by Mohammad Bin Qasim... commanded from Iraq.

Saudi Arabia ... picks its name from "Arabia of Saud"... 'house of Saud'... King Saud etc. I think it was named in last century after World War I.

As for Saudi not helping "Palestinians"... its their 'personal preference', as they themselves are so poor followers of Islam, how can they feel 'brotherhood' of Islam. Its all different discussion, more appropriate for "World Affairs".

------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Gentlemen, Its possible and you may be right that the first Muslim to come to India was an Arab to avenge the attack ona an Araba vessel But after that if you thing rest was a very happy peaceful loving adoption of Islam. Sorry I have to disagree. I cant re write History to suit your point of view.

Comment

dear ppl ... lets have a look at wat was posted in this thread.

1)

==> my dear friend , most on the incasions were via KYBER PASS which is in NORTH WEST not in the NORTH EAST of the sub continent.
                  The only invasion through iran was of NADIR SHAH IRANI, and its not due to him that urdu constitutes of that much persian ... it is due to The Moghuls... They were from aghanistan and there tongue was also persian ... thats one of the reason.

2)
                  If they(arabs) were so worried about muslims , they would be nicely giving the Palestinians a hand in their struggle today.

==>> one thing my friend ...If u are so worried about palestinians .. why dont uu go and give them a hand ... SHaikh Saadi said sumthing wise which i hope u have understood to what i am pointing tooo ......

Islam in subcontinent is a by product of the Man's urge for survival. After mohamed bin Qasim was executed by HAjaj .. the hold of muslims in sindh slowly decreased and after a while ... due to inactivity of the state .. the muslim rule ended ...
                  Then comes the rest of KHANDANS .. which ruled INDIA ... they include KHANDAAN e GHULAMAN ... etcetc ... but in their case they were their to rule ... not for the KHIDMAT OF ISLAM .....
                  and after them came the MOGHULS ... they came here for there survival not for the good of ISlam ...
                  so its evident .. that islam in sub cont .. was a by product of the struggle by various genrals...

Rust in Peace ...
                  P.S I may be ritte .. orr I may be wrong but i dotn want to ofend anybody ...

Comment

Agreed Lucifer Bhai, Khyber pass is in the north west. That was a mistake. my mind must have been some where else. I also agree that the Iraninans and the Khandaans used Farsi as their official language, because Farsi was and is still used in Afganistan.

The main point is that Islam was established in the sub continent by people who came via the Khyber pass. They all called themselves muslims and promoted Islam with force, with Jazia and favors to those who converted. Whatever their motives, and whether they were good Muslims, is not the point. Then of course ther were those opportunists, who to get some where in life, during the muslim rule happily converted too.

But it would be a far cry if people think that Islam came to India like Christianity with the work of missionaries and people of good will.

Comment

The Moghuls... They were from aghanistan and there tongue was also persian ... thats one of the reason.

Actually Moghuls were from Sumerkand (part of Russia) in Babar Naama, Babar describes Sumarkand, he was driven out of his country and came to India with an intent to raise an army and to go back. The only Afgani ever to rule India was Sher Shah Suri ..his rule lasted five year and he is famous for building Grand Trunk Road.

Tanhaa is right Islam was spead by sword and by some people converting to gain an advantage..even now a few Hindu and Sikhs left in Pakistan converted to Islam to escape harassasment and discrimination. In this day and age most muslim countries non-muslims are look down and harassased. A while back somebody posted article on this forum that in Arabia non-muslims are dealt with more severely than the muslims for the crime of similar nature.

This topic has been discussed many times before,(search and Read) by posting it again and again u cannot force non-muslims to buy into your version of home made history.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited August 10, 2001).]

Comment

Tanhaa and Rani

If the Kafir Media is hell bent on stating that Islam was spread via the sword, then it is not surprising that you also hold the same view. After all, you are the by product of the Kafir Society.

The fact remains that Islam came and gave Dignity to India that you could only dream of and hope for in a million years.

If Islam was spread via the sword, then Hinduism was spread via the Spear!!!

The question you must ask yourself is, why is Islam the fastest growing Religion in the world today?

Spread by Machine Gun, if I was to use your logic!

Comment

Dear Rani,
                          you must keep one think in mind That Babur was beaten in Samarkand by Uzbaks ... and he took refuge in Afghanistan ... Here the refuge is in the sense .. that he was on the run .. and he needed a place to settle ... and afghanistan was an easy place for him ... thats why while reigning afghanistan .. he planned his attacks at India ... (the subcontinent) ....
                          I think that my stance was quite unclear in the passage ... so i may have imporved it now ...
                          RUST IN PEACE ....

P.S no offense to anyone

Comment

This just shows how insecure is hindu mind instead of recognizing its short commings their excuse is sword, gun blah blah.
                            Islam entered India and Europe about the same time 711. Check the Moorish civilization in Spain and Southern France.
                            Christians converted just like hindus did in India. Christians claim only the oppresed converted Indians claim it was the sword.

Hindu mind is a unique kinda fruit cake and their history beat's their mind.

As they say success has many fathers failure is an orphan.

If low castes are not threatened by the likes of RSS goones they will all convert to Christianity or Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                              Tanhaa is right Islam was spead by sword and by some people converting to gain an advantage..even now a few Hindu and Sikhs left in Pakistan converted to Islam to escape harassasment and discrimination. In this day and age most muslim countries non-muslims are look down and harassased. A while back somebody posted article on this forum that in Arabia non-muslims are dealt with more severely than the muslims for the crime of similar nature.

This topic has been discussed many times before,(search and Read) by posting it again and again u cannot force non-muslims to buy into your version of home made history.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited August 10, 2001).]
                              similarly, Muslims cannot buy history cooked in your mind or likes of yours.

as far as discrimination is concerned, Saudi is a prejudice nation, however, Saudi locals consider Indians (no matter Hindu or Muslim) closer / better than Pakistani Muslims. now how is that??

------------------
                              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

[This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited August 10, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X