women in hinduism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

women in hinduism

this is a link to a book by a hindu woman on the treatment of women in hinduism.. its called GENOCIDE OF WOMEN IN HINDUISM
    and it goes back more than 2000 years in history.

http://www.dalitstan.org/books/gowh/

very interesting read and its full of references..

Damn!

Rani, come in here and praise your religion. Don't worry, I won't hate your religion like you hate Islam, I won't practice it and I will try my best to keep people from becoming a victim of such insanity.

Take it easy dear.

------------------
    *V~V~V*He came, He saw, He conquered*V~V~V*
    "Nay! We hurl truth against falsehood, so it destroys it: and behold, falsehood is vanquished..."[Quran, al-Furqaan 25:33 ]

[This message has been edited by The Watcher (edited February 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Watcher (edited February 23, 2001).]

Comment

nomaan,

dalitstan.org is a fake site, and the last place you should look for genuine info on hinduism. hindu culture has seen womenfolk's status rise and fall over the centuries. in the present day hindu society, social norms, more than religion dictates the position of women in it. you can find hindu societies today that vary from strong matriarchy to ones that treat their women like dirt. blaming it all on hinduism would be ignorance.

Dear Watchy,

>I will just won't practice it<

your grammar and spelling sound more and more like that retard jaawan these days. taking it a bit too easy? and why are you dragging rani in? isnt she sikh? even if she werent, what's the need to get personal? take it easy, will you?
      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Queer, what are you talking about? :?:

Can't keep up with the topic so you have to make irrelevant remarks? Not good my friend, not good at all.

What ever she is, she has the hate for Islam which is undescribable. She always pampers Islam with negative remarks, I wanted her to see how Hinduism is and how it deals with people who practice Hinduism. Thats all my friend, no need to get all angry and judgmental about it. Try to take it easy, its good for your health and well being. Have a dung.

------------------
        "Nay! We hurl truth against falsehood, so it destroys it: and behold, falsehood is vanquished..."[Quran, al-Furqaan 25:33 ]

Comment

Dear Chokidaar,

>Queer, what are you talking about? :?: <

i'm talking about >>I will just won't practice it<<. now take it easy.

>What ever she is, she has the hate for Islam which is undescribable. She always pampers Islam with negative remarks<

so why bring her into a thread unrelated to all that? now take it easy.

>I wanted her to see how Hinduism is and how it deals with people who practice Hinduism.<

now why would you want her to see that? you some kinda tour guide? showing rani around? now take it easy.

Simple ain't easy.

Comment

the fact remains that the book was written by a hindu women on her own religion and its treatement of women..

Comment

and why do you say that its a fake site?

Comment

Queer, why are you being such an annoying dung tonight?

Since your dear friend Rani, always spreads hate about Islam and makes very prejudice comments about Muslims. I wanted HER to see what hinduism is all about, what kind of human rights hinduism has to offer. Everyone knows how she is towards Islam and Muslims. She obviously does not have any knowledge about people she supports against the Muslims.

Anyway, you should not have any problem, while I try to point out something she might never make a comment about or post a reply.

Anyway, try to deal with the "dung-like" reality and we will not have any problem.

PS: Your name[dung] is great, one can make all sorts of nice words with it and they actually fit with your personality, cool eh? Good.

Take it easy my dear friend, just don't get your self into some dung, mommy will be very-berry mad.

------------------

Comment

I have no idea about this site... just one women writing about something her religion doesnt imply that all hindus do that... I have seem some muslims do that for Islam but I dont care.... we muslims should respect other religions and dont go after some obscure things in other religions... If Rani hates Islam do we not hate her religion.. If we do there is no difference between Rani and us... The reasom Islam spread was not hating other religions but respecting others and converting by understanding nice points of Islam and not mocking others.
                  Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by nomaan:
                    the fact remains that the book was written by a hindu women on her own religion and its treatement of women..
                    here's what the site says about the book.

Genocide of Women in Hinduism by Sita Agarwal, is published by Sudrastan Books, Jabalpur, 1999 without Copyright It was thence reproduced in Dalitstan Journal, Volume 1, Issue 2, Oct. 1999 and has been archived in the Ambedkar Library.

all this sudrastan books, dalitstan journal, dalitstan university, university of dalitstan, pule university, university of pule, free tamilnadu movement are pure figments of someone's imagination. try finding the contact information for these universities and presses, you'll find none. the site is full of false propaganda, with a few genuine articles thrown in here and there to buy legitimacy.

Dear Jaawan,

Quit sounding like a broken record and make sense. You still havent explained why you turned personal on this thread.

is that your vast "islamic knowledge" that makes you bring people's sisters and mommies into your posts? and i see that you couldnt take it easy, and had to resort to more personal attacks. take it easy, jaawan. mirchi lagi to lassi pee lo.

[This message has been edited by queer (edited February 23, 2001).]
                    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Nomaan, Manu Smriti says:
                      Never trust a woman.
                      Never sit alone with a woman even if it may be your mother, she may tempt you.
                      Do not sit alone with your daughter, she may tempt you.
                      Do not sit alone with your sister, she may tempt you.

Moreover:

HINDU WOMAN
                      The Hindu woman has no right to divorce her husband.
                      She has no property or inheritance rights.
                      Choice of partner is limited because she can only marry within her own caste; moreover her horoscope must match that of the intending bridegroom/family.
                      The family of the girl has to offer an enormous dowry to the bridegroom/family.
                      If her husband dies she should commit Sati (being cremated with her dead husband). Since today's law forbids Sati, society mainly punishes her in other "holy" ways (see below).
                      She cannot remarry.
                      The widow is considered to be a curse and.must not be seen in public. She cannot wear jewellery or colourful clothes. (She should not even take part in her children's marriage!)
                      Child and infant marriage is encouraged.
                      THE MUSLIM WOMAN
                      The Muslim woman has the same right as the Muslim man in all matters, including divorce.
                      She enjoys property and inheritance rights. (Which other religion grants women these rights?). She can also conduct her own separate business.
                      She can marry any Muslim of her choice. If her parents choose a partner for her, her consent has to be taken.
                      The dowry in Islam is a gift from a husband to his wife (not the other way round as is practised by some ignorant Muslims).
                      A Muslim widow is encouraged to remarry, and her remarriage is the responsibility of the Muslim society.
                      Mixed marriage is encouraged and is a means to prevent racism creeping into society.
                      A Muslim mother is given the highest form of respect.

------------------

Comment

Jaawan mimed:

>Nomaan, Manu Smriti says: blah blah blah<

manusmriti was an ancient indian social treatise. if it could pass of as holy scriptures, so could the arabian nights.

the rest of the stuff, is true to varying degrees, in the hindu society. some of the stuff is no longer a custom. but pitting the worst social customs of a hindu society against the utopian islamic society is pure sophistry. most present day islamic societies are as bad as, if not worse than the rest.

charity begins at home.
                        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

>The Hindu woman has no right to divorce her husband.<

not true.

>She has no property or inheritance rights.<

not true again.

>Choice of partner is limited because she can only marry within her own caste; moreover her horoscope must match that of the intending bridegroom/family.<

not true. hindu scriptures dont restrict marriages to within castes. horoscope matching isnt a necessity, it is an option. and in arranged marriages, it hardly matters.

>The family of the girl has to offer an enormous dowry to the bridegroom/family.<

not true. dowry is a social custom.

>If her husband dies she should commit Sati (being cremated with her dead husband).<

not true. sati has been out since ages.

>She cannot remarry. <

not true.

>The widow is considered to be a curse and.must not be seen in public.<

varies from region to region. but yes, widows are considered burdens, and this is the gift of a society that doesnt let its women work.

>She cannot wear jewellery or colourful clothes. (She should not even take part in her children's marriage!)<

orthodox hinduism only.

>Child and infant marriage is encouraged.<

not true. min age for marriage for girls is 18, and 21 for boys.
                          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Degas:
                            I have no idea about this site... just one women writing about something her religion doesnt imply that all hindus do that... I have seem some muslims do that for Islam but I dont care.... we muslims should respect other religions and dont go after some obscure things in other religions... If Rani hates Islam do we not hate her religion.. If we do there is no difference between Rani and us... The reasom Islam spread was not hating other religions but respecting others and converting by understanding nice points of Islam and not mocking others.

i agree with degas here..but honestly i am sick and tired of rani..check any of her post..it will be against muslims and pakistanis..she needs to just get a life

Comment

yaar queeer watcher isnt jawan..i mean he is jawan but not that kind of jawan if u know what i mean someone also called me jawan once..come on how many jawans are out there??

Comment

Working...
                              X