Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEHMOOD GHAZANAVI : A ROBBER OR BUT SHIKAN????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEHMOOD GHAZANAVI : A ROBBER OR BUT SHIKAN????

Were the attacks of Mehmood Ghaznavi justfied in the light of islam???
    He attacked sub continent and destroyed Somnat, and carried along all the treasure ... what does it mean ?????

Originally posted by Lucifer:
    Were the attacks of Mehmood Ghaznavi justfied in the light of islam???
    He attacked sub continent and destroyed Somnat, and carried along all the treasure ... what does it mean ?????
    don't pick one piece of history. if you learnt it just today, that is fine, bring the other pieces in your thread as well, please.
    what happened before him, after him, what were circumstances, what made him do that...etc.

Thanks.

Comment

===================
      don't pick one piece of history. if you learnt it just today, that is fine, bring the other pieces in your thread as well, please.
      what happened before him, after him, what were circumstances, what made him do that...etc
      =====================

Hey pal no need to be tough ... All i want is to know the circumstances .. and after that was it justified in the light of islam or not .... I asked for ure view ... not for ure CHUSSI ....
      Try to stick to the point and also do me a favour ... next time plz pplz answer according to the question ask .. and plz dnt answer ure preconcieved question ....
      I ll be greatful
      Rust in PEace

P.S no offense

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer:
        .....ure view ... not for ure CHUSSI ....
        Try to stick to the point and also do me a favour .....
        P.S no offense
        can you explain this word "CHUSSI" please?

------------------
        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Since its about Ghazna a little back ground on the warrior. More will follow latter.

From Britannica.
          http://members.eb.com/bol/topic?eu=37387&sctn=3#s_top

Ghazan's accomplishments were in no way restricted to his activities on
          the battlefield. A man of great intellectual curiosity, he was
          conversant with such diverse topics as natural history, medicine,
          astronomy, and chemistry and was also an adept in several
          handicrafts. "No one surpassed him," says the Byzantine historian
          Pachymeres, "in making saddles, bridles, spurs, greaves and helmets; he
          could hammer, stitch and polish, and in such occupations employed the
          hours of his leisure from war." Besides his native Mongolian, he is
          said to have had a knowledge of the Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Kashmiri,
          Tibetan, Chinese, and Frankish (i.e., probably French) languages.

It was at his suggestion and with his assistance that his vizier Rashid
          ad-Din composed a celebrated history of the Mongols, which was later
          expanded to embrace all the peoples of Asia and Europe with which their
          conquests had brought them in contact. Rashid ad-Din, Ghazan's great
          minister, was perhaps the real author of the fiscal reforms that go
          under his master's name and that were designed to protect the sedentary
          population from the extortions of the nomad aristocracy. These
          measures, coupled with the adoption of Islam, must have played their
          part in welding the Mongols and Persians (like the Normans and English)
          into a single nation, and the Il-Khans might have ended, like the
          Plantagenets, by becoming a truly national dynasty. In fact, Ghazan
          himself, by his ruthless elimination of princely rivals, must have
          contributed to the extinction of the Il-Khanids, who survived his death
          by little more than 30 years

Comment

The question was:

"Were the attacks of Mehmood Ghaznavi justfied in the light of islam???"

"The answer by Abdali is about Gaznavi's special interests other than battle"

How relevant an answer...well what else can one expect here! and it seems more of this irrelevance is going to follow!

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited August 10, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
              The question was:

How relevant an answer...well what else can one expect here! and it seems more of this irrelevance is going to follow!

baray daant nikal rahay hein janab...kia baat hai?...ajj koi tooth-brush mil gaya tha free mein kia?...

maskeen te ghumgeen...
              DerVaisH

------------------
              muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
              bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
              abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
              girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                The question was:

Please read my first line it said more to follow. But your narrow mind coupled with your narrow scope on top of that Indian history books makes you dangerous. Little knowledge is too dangerous.

Before I post further in the context of Islam I thought it is better to have a little back ground on the subject.

You have alreday ruined this thread, I am out of here.

Comment

Working...
                X