Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE PROPHET AS MENTIONED IN THE TORAH AND PSALMS..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE PROPHET AS MENTIONED IN THE TORAH AND PSALMS..

Here is the link to this site,...for more informations,......
    >
    > http://www.fethullahgulen.org/infinitelight/infpg3.html
    >
    >
    One of his Companions once asked Gods Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, to talk about himself. The Messenger remarked in his answer: I am the one for whose coming Abraham prayed and of whom Jesus gave glad tidings.

This is an allusion to the following Quranic verses:

(Abraham prayed): Our Lord, raise up in their midst a Messenger from among them who shall recite unto them Your signs, and teach them the Book and Wisdom, and purify them. Verily you are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (al-Baqara, 2.129)

When Jesus, son of Mary, said: O children of Israel! I am indeed a Messenger of God to you, confirming that which was [revealed] before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a Messenger who shall come after me, whose name is Ahmad [the Praised One]. (al-Saff, 61.6)

The Messenger of God did not appear unexpectedly. All the preceding Prophets had told about him and predicted him. It is stated explicitly in the Quran (Al Imran, 3:81) that God made a covenant with the Prophets that they would believe in and help the Messenger who would come after them confirming the Message that they brought.

Although subjected to many distortions and alterations, the current versions of the Torah, the Gospel and the Psalms still contain verses alluding, implicitly or explicitly, to the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings. The late Husayn Jisri found one hundred and fourteen such allusions and quoted them in his Risalah al-Hamidiyah. We shall cite here a few examples:

The Lord came from Sinai and dawned over them from Sair; He shone forth from Mount Paran(Deuteronomy, 33.2)

This verse refers to the Prophethood of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, upon all of them be peace. Sinai is the place where the Prophet Moses spoke to God and received the Torah. Sair, a place in Palestine, is where the Prophet Jesus received Divine Revelation. Paran is where God manifested Himself to mankind for the last time through His Revelation to our Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings.

Paran is a mountain range in Makka. It is mentioned in the Torah (Genesis, 21:1921) as the area in the desert where Hagar was left by her husband Abraham, upon him be peace, to live with her son, Ishmael. The well of Zamzam appeared in it. As it is known and stated explicitly in the Quran (Ibrahim, 14.357), Abraham left Hagar and Ishmael in the valley of Makka, which was then an uninhabited place between the mountain ranges of Paran.

It is because of the explicit predictions of the Torah that its followers were expecting the Last Prophet and knew that he would appear in Makka.

The verse of Deuteronomy, according to the Arabic version published in London in 1944, continues:

He came with myriads of holy ones; in his right hand was an axe of fire with two edges.

This verse refers to the promised Prophet who would have numerous Companions of the highest degree of sainthood and be allowed, and even ordered, to fight against his enemies.

The following verses of the Torah also promise the coming of Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings:

The Lord said to me [Moses]: What they say is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in my name, I will myself call him to account. (Deuteronomy, 18:179)

It is clear from these verses that what is meant by a Prophet like you among their brothers is a Prophet who will come from the line of Ishmael, since Ishmael is the brother of Isaac, who is the forefather of the Children of Israel. The only Prophet who came after Moses and resembled him in many ways, for example, in the bringing of a new law and the waging of war on his enemies, is the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings. The Quran points to the same fact:

We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness over you, even as we sent to Pharaoh a Messenger. (al-Muzzammil, 73.15)

Abd Allah ibn Amr, one of the ascetics of his time, who was warned by the Prophet not to neglect sleeping with his wife, and not to fast every day but rather on alternate days, is reported to have said:

It was common knowledge to the communities of previous religions that God would send a Prophet to the whole of humankind as a bearer of good tidings and a warner. I had personally read in the Torah these verses about him:

We have sent you, O Prophet, to the whole of mankind as a bearer of good tidings and a warner; and as a support and refuge for the common folk. You are my servant and Messenger. I have called you Mutawakkil [the one who puts his trust in God]. He is not one rude, repelling and angry, and shouting in the streets. He does not repel evil with evil; instead, he excuses and forgives. God will not make him die before He guides through him the deviating nation to the right path by declaring there is no deity but God.

This report of Abd Allah ibn Amr was confirmed by Abd Allah ibn Salam and Kab al-Akhbar, who were the most learned scholars of the Jewish community at the time of the Prophet and who later converted to Islam.

We also read about the Seal of the Prophets, upon him be peace and blessings, in the Psalms of David:

He will rule from sea to sea and from the river to the ends of the earth. The desert tribes will bow before him and his enemies will lick the dust. The kings of Tarsish and of distant shores will bring tribute to him; the Kings of Sheba and Seba will present him gifts. All kings will bow down to him and all nations will serve him. For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no-one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death. He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in his sight.

Long may he live! May gold from Sheba be given to him. May people ever pray for him and bless him all day long. Let corn abound throughout the land; on the tops of the hills may it sway. May his name endure for ever; may it continue as long as the sun. All nations will be blessed through him, and they will call him blessed. (Psalms, Chapter 72.817)
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Wow... nice job... and really interesting
    I thought the promised messiah to the Jews
    was Jesus Christ.... but now I see that it wasn;t.

------------------
    Mu Hu Hahahahahaha!
    "Quote the Mu,"NeverMu!"

Comment

Prophesies In Ancient Scriptures

The Qur'an states that all peoples were sent guides or Prophets to guide them and that the people forgot, changed and avoided the Truth after a while. I would like to draw your attention to some passages of other
      ancient scriptures besides those of the Jews and Christians. The following passages point to the coming of Muhammad (SAW) in Arabia as the Spirit of Truth as also the Old and New Testaments make reference.

The prophesies are explicit and accepted by the highest authorities of each religion. Why then do people not follow where the passages point? Why do the people not follow this foretold prophet? The Qur'an states that there are people who refuse even after clear truth has come to them and the clear signs are shown to them and they are deserving of the punishment from their Creator.

In the scriptures of the Hindus, which are of the oldest scriptures known, there are many clear prophesies of Islam and Muhammad (SAW) and I would like to point out two very clear ones here.

The first is in Bhavishya Purana Parv 3, Khand 3, Adhya 3, Shalok 5-8:

5 "Just then, an illiterate roan with the epithet 'Teacher', Muhammad by name, came along with his companions.

6 Raja (Bhoja in a vision) to that Great Deva the denizen of Arabia, purifying with the Ganges water and with the five things of cow offered sandal wood, and pay worship to bin).

7 O denizen of Arabia and Lord of the Holies, to thee is my adoration. O thou who has found many ways and means to destroy the devils of the world.

8 O pure one from among the illiterates, O sinless One, the Spirit of Truth and absolute master to thee is my adoration. Accept me at thy feet.

It is a very well known fact that Muhammad (SAW) was an illiterate man and was known as the 'ummi" Prophet, meaning 'unlettered Prophet'. And once again, Muhammad (SAW) is referred to as 'Spirit of Truth' as in the Bible and in the Qur'an. However the most striking thing is that Muhammad (SAW) is named in the fifth verse, along with the mention to his companions. Some of the Hindu authorities have tried to cast doubt on this part of the book; their reason being that it mentions Muhammad (SAW) clearly, and anything that does that cannot be authentic!

Nonetheless, according to the vast majority of Hindus and Sanatist Pandits, it is considered quite authentic.

There is yet another clear foretelling in

Atharva Veda, Kanda 20, Sukta 127, Mantra 1-2:

1 "O people, 'the man of praise' will be raised among the people.

2 We take the emigrant in our shelter from sixty thousand and ninety enemies whose conveyances are twenty camels and she-camels, whose loftiness of position touches the heaven and lowers it."

Now compare the above with the Bible in Isaiah 21:

14. The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled.

15. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.

Muhammad (SAW) was driven out of Mecca by the rich and powerful leaders of Mecca. He migrated to Medina, where the people accepted him readily. The people who migrated have thenceforth been known in history as the 'Emigrants'.

Another clear prophesy from Parsi Scriptures.

After reviewing these clear evidences, it is truth that the earlier scriptures of various people foretold the coming of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), the Messenger to humanity. Muhammad (SAW) had declared that all people had been given guides and they had been true and good followers of God, and that Islam was the final revelation, a confirmation of the previous truths and the Completed Law to be followed.

Please examine the evidence we have placed before you. Many of us were at a point in our lives when we wanted nothing to do with religion or God or anything. However, upon scanning the proofs, we realized the truth of the matter. I urge you to also grasp this hand-hold of Almighty God.

God Almighty says in the Qur'an what means as follows in

2:256: Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands clear from error. Whosoever rejects falsehood and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.

Prophesies In Ancient Scriptures

The Parsi religion is of the oldest in the World, perhaps as old, if not older than the Hindu religion. In the Parsi scriptures, there a clear prophesy which describes, in detail, the events surrounding the advent of
      Muhammad (SAW).

In Persia, the people used to worship fire. They were very powerful as they were able to oppose The Roman Empire at the time. In Arabia, the Ka'ba (Black cubical shaped house) had been built as a place and
      direction of worship for the One True God, but had been filled with hundreds of different idols.

When Muhammad (SAW) came victoriously into Mecca (city where Ka'ba is situated), he had all the idols destroyed and left empty. Muslims since Muhammad's time have performed all daily prayers facing the direction of this house. The companions of Muhammad (SAW) conquered mighty Persia and eliminated the fire worship. People of Persia (modern day Iran) did follow Muhammad (SAW). All of this is known in history now, but what follows is the prophesy in the Parsi scriptures which date back thousands of years before Muhammad (SAW) was ever born.

In the Dasatir, No. 14, it reads, in translation from the original Pahlavi and modern rendered Persian, as follows:

"When the Persians should sink so low in morality, a man will be born in Arabia, whose followers will upset their thrones, religion, and everything. The mighty stiff necked ones of Persia will be overpowered.
      The House which was built and in which many idols have place will be purged of idols and the people will offer their prayers facing it. His followers will capture the towns of the Parsis Tus and other large places around these. People will embroil with one another. The wise men of Persia and others will join his followers."

Now compare this with the Bible Isaiah 21:

13. The burden upon Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye travelling companies of Dedanim.

14. The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they prevented with their bread him that fled.

15. For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.

16. For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail:

17. And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the Lord God of Israel hath spoken it.

1 cor 13:8. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophesies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

O Brothers and Sisters! Awake the perfect is indeed here, it is the Quran conveyed through Prophet Mohammed by Allah (God) and those that are in parts like the Veda, Avesta, Bible are done away.

Comment

Working...
      X