A Sad Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sad Tale

Saudis have demolished Masjid e Al-Fadheekh (also known as Masjid Al-shams) on early Thursday morning. This mosque was built on the place famous for the miracle of returning of the sun for Imam Ali (AS).

Masjid Al-Shams was built by the Turkish Othmanies and stood at the place where the famous miracle of returning of the sun took place. The mosque was visited by Shias and Sunnis alike.

You know... sometimes hypocrites have too much
    authority
    like the Saudis... this is pathetic
    I think two years ago... they demolish
    Amina(RA)'s house for no apparent reason...
    I wonder if they have a reason for this
    unjustifed act... even Israel hasn't knocked
    down the Dome of the rock or Masjid Al-Aqsa

------------------
    Mu Hu Hahahahahaha!
    "Quote the Mu,"NeverMu!"

Comment

..its sad if someone demolished holy place..but Islam is a very practical religion and only miracle is Quran... its great that its too humanly kind and far away from miracles...
      Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Degas:
        but Islam is a very practical religion and only miracle is Quran... its great that its too humanly kind and far away from miracles...
        Islam indeed is a practical religion.

May i dare ask what your defination of miracle is Degas ?
        "And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:
          Saudis have demolished Masjid e Al-Fadheekh (also known as Masjid Al-shams) on early Thursday morning. This mosque was built on the place famous for the miracle of returning of the sun for Imam Ali (AS).

Masjid Al-Shams was built by the Turkish Othmanies and stood at the place where the famous miracle of returning of the sun took place. The mosque was visited by Shias and Sunnis alike.
          sad. how can any Muslim destroy/demolish a mosque? aren't they inviting Allah's wrath?
          They'll definitely see something in this world. I am hoping that this masjid had not turned into another 'mazaar' type of thing, even in that case they could have blocked any such activity (this is just my assumption).

demolishing/destroying of any masjid is not permissible, i think only if it is built on mischief (like masjid-e-darrar). may Allah guide us all, aameen.

------------------
          We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

This action of the destruction of Al Shams mosque most probably has the endorsement of the Saudi Arabian government.

As is expected, the perpertrators will go unpunished because they have merely acted along the policy of the House of Saud. After all, these are the people who destroyed the Khilafah in 1924 and were planning to destroy the Ka'aba because they termed it idol worship (nouzubillah).

It is sad that the sacred land of Mecca and Medina is ruled today by these upholders of the banner of Kufr and bigotry. The house of Abu Sufyan and Muawiya is alive and kicking.

Here is the full story of the mosque's destruction:

Saudi Wahabis destroy the famous Masjid Al-Shams

Madina Munawarra, Saudi Arabia

By Abdul Hussain

Saudi Wahabies have demolished Masjid e Al-Fadheekh (also known as Masjid Al-shams) on early Thursday morning. This mosque was built on the place famous for the miracle of returning of the sun for Ali ibn Abi Talib (AS).

According to sources, the Wahabies have destoyed this mosque to show their hatred towards Ali ibn Abi Talib(AS) and to stop the Shia and the Sunni believers from visiting the place.

Comment

Originally posted by alizadeh2000:
              ...and were planning to destroy the Ka'aba because they termed it idol worship (nouzubillah).....The house of Abu Sufyan and Muawiya is alive and kicking...
              Interesting .... hmmmmmm.
              Q1: would you mind giving me reference to when Abdul-Wahab or his movement termed 'kaaba' as 'idol worship' ???

Q2: Also, just out of curiosity, who is 'house of Abu Sufyan and Muwaiya' ??

------------------

Comment

On one side, mosques are being destroyed. One the other side, the innocent and unarmed are being massacred:

2 Shiite Muslims gunned down in Pakistan

KARACHI: Gunmen shot and killed two Shiite Muslims in separate shooting incidents on Monday, including a prominent member of the minority Islamic sect in Pakistan's violent port city of Karachi.

Syed Zaffar Hussain, 50, director of research with the ministry of defense, was shot and killed as he stepped out of his home in a central neighborhood of Karachi - the second target killing of minority Shiite Muslims in the city in as many weeks, police said.

The gunmen, who were on motorcycles, fled.

In the eastern border city of Lahore, a Shiite Muslim cleric, Syed Rizwanul Hassan, 40, was killed in a similar hit-and-run attack by two gunmen on a motorcycle.

Soon after the killing, more than 200 Shiite Muslims blocked roads and threw stones at the police in southern Sabazazar neighborhood of Lahore. The protesters demanded the arrest of the killers.

No group claimed responsibility for either killings, but police suspect extremists Sunni Muslim militants were involved in the attacks.

Last week in Karachi Shaukat Mirza, the managing director of Pakistan State Oil, the country's largest oil company, was gunned down also because he was a Shiite Muslim, according to police.

Relentless sectarian bloodletting has prompted Pakistan's military government to draft a law banning sectarian groups. According to Law Minister Shahida Jamil the law will take effect next month.

However, it wasn't clear how the government planned to implement the law.

Police have often blamed the killings of Shiite Muslims on the militant Sunni Muslim group, Sipah-e-Sahaba or Guardians of the Friends of the Prophet, however successive governments, including the current army-led one, has been reluctant to move against them.

The organization is small, but well armed and its members are extremely militant.

In recent years hundreds of people have been killed in Pakistan in rival religiously motivated killings. The majority of the victims, however, have been minority Shiite Muslims.

One of the leading militant Shiite Muslim groups, Tehrik-e-Jafria Pakistan or Organization for Shiite Muslim Law in Pakistan has accused the government of complacency.

Militants Sunni Muslims want Shiite Muslims declared outside the pale of Islam. Most of Pakistan's majority Sunni Muslims get along with their Shiite Muslim brethren, however, small, well-armed groups have emerged and they have engaged in relentless killings with seeming impunity.

Comment

Is there an end to all this???
                  "Verily, I am leaving behind two precious things among you: the Book of God and my kindred, my household..(Sahi Muslim, Hadith Thaqalayn is narrated by thirty plus Companions of the Prophet)

Comment

a1shah
                    ..though killing of innocent people is such a big crime that words cant describe it and its become an a permanent scar on our society back home.. its interesting that u only post crimes that occur against innocent shias but an equal no.. do occur against innocent sunnis but u just ignore them.. I have seen these serial killings and always a reaction to some other killings...
                    The reason to me for these tragedies lie in venom and hatred some people want to show to fellow muslims..
                    People in illiterate areas dont understand the motives behind few people who want to prove that they r better muslims than others and their only aim in life is to belittle other muslims..
                    the things u and Sheraz write in this forum against Sahaba Karam and Prophets wife if someone hears or read in Pakistan would certainly bring out sentiments that may result in killings ..we just read and feel pain since we know its best to keep quite.. people here have said such words for prophets family (his wife - as wife is the closest family member)
                    On one hand ur compalining against the notorious Sipa-e-Sahaba ..which i personally condemn but as u have double standards u never condemn extremist shia tanzeems who also kill mercilesly.. when some bomb blasts in some sunni mosque i have never seen u posting something here..
                    Actuallay there r few extremists on both camps which exploit and brain wash people to kill.. I am sorry to say but ur views posted here very close to those extremists..

Comment

Originally posted by Degas:
                      a1shah
                      ..though killing of innocent people is such a big crime that words cant describe it and its become an a permanent scar on our society back home.. its interesting that u only post crimes that occur against innocent shias but an equal no.. do occur against innocent sunnis but u just ignore them.. I have seen these serial killings and always a reaction to some other killings...
                      The reason to me for these tragedies lie in venom and hatred some people want to show to fellow muslims..
                      People in illiterate areas dont understand the motives behind few people who want to prove that they r better muslims than others and their only aim in life is to belittle other muslims..
                      the things u and Sheraz write in this forum against Sahaba Karam and Prophets wife if someone hears or read in Pakistan would certainly bring out sentiments that may result in killings ..we just read and feel pain since we know its best to keep quite.. people here have said such words for prophets family (his wife - as wife is the closest family member)
                      On one hand ur compalining against the notorious Sipa-e-Sahaba ..which i personally condemn but as u have double standards u never condemn extremist shia tanzeems who also kill mercilesly.. when some bomb blasts in some sunni mosque i have never seen u posting something here..
                      Actuallay there r few extremists on both camps which exploit and brain wash people to kill.. I am sorry to say but ur views posted here very close to those extremists..
                      I totally disagree with you there.
                      Both shias and sunni have lived together with all the little arguments that they have over sahabas or wives, but no one has ever been shot.
                      Islam condemn's anger.

This killing begins since wahabiyat got stronger.
                      Siphae Sahaba is a wahabhi organization and they kill both shias and sunnis.
                      NO muslim can ever fire at namazis in the mosque. This is what my Iman says.

"And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Degas,

Give us all a break with yr surmons.

Killing of innocent shias and sunnis is grotesque. However, it should be noted that it is the shias who are on the receiving end of such zulm. The majority who have died are shias.

"If you don't listen to us, we will kill and cause havoc"

KARACHI, July 30: The Lashkar-i-Jhangvi has claimed responsibility for the murder of PSO managing director Shaukat Mirza and the defence ministry official, Syed Zafar Hussain.

In a joint press statement on Monday, chief of Lashkar-i-Jhangvi Riaz Basra and Lashkar's divisional chief , Lal Mohammed have claimed responsibility for both the killings.

They also warned that any government functionary resorting to abuse of power would face the same fate.

"We had urged the President, General Pervez Musharraf, not to implement the death sentence awarded to Sheikh Haq Nawaz as it could prove harmful for the integrity of the country but the government went ahead with its plan to appease a neighbouring country," said the statement. They said they would not shun their struggle, come what may, added the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:
                          I totally disagree with you there.
                          Both shias and sunni have lived together with all the little arguments that they have over sahabas or wives, but no one has ever been shot.
                          Islam condemn's anger.

This killing begins since wahabiyat got stronger.
                          Siphae Sahaba is a wahabhi organization and they kill both shias and sunnis.
                          NO muslim can ever fire at namazis in the mosque. This is what my Iman says.

True, that no muslim can ever fire at namazis in the mosque. If one does it, he himself throws out of Islam (IMO).
                          I don't know why there is so much blame on Wahabism. I think its our 'secular' political parties who usually initiates sectarianism (besides the one recent claim by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi fanatics). They show people that Islam is all about fighting and killing each other (therefore we should not look for Islamic government) so we should join their political party which is 'free from sect divisions', pathetic.
                          It could also be done by governments, to keep people away from demand of Islamic system.

------------------

Comment

I think ur trying to shut ur eyes to the fact that both Sipah e Sahaba and Sipah e Muhammdi (shia extremist tanzeem) score equally.. both kill mercillesly.. if u believe shias r on receiving end go to Pak and start counting scores og killings.. its really amazing and sad that muslims kill in mosques and the only reason is brain washing with hate ridden faiths and views.. If u trace back the origins Sipah - e - Sahaba they r nothing but a reactionary tanzeem against extrmist shias like a1shah and Sheraz.. I find absolutely no difference between Sipah - sahaba and extremist shia tanzeems with views held by people like Sheraz.. both have hate as their religion .. so if people like these will say things bout Sajhaba Karam we all love there gonna be reaction ..which i totally against..from some people who would react.. so if u make hate against pillar as the corner stone of ur faith.. the ones who love rthem gonna react..

Comment

Degas,

The problem is that what you and your friends in Sipah-e-Sahabah consider slander is truth revealed in your books.

Don't think that killing the innocent will stop truth from being disclosed.

Rather than engaging in intellectual debates, they resort to shooting of the innocent. These murder tactics were used by the Umayads and Abbassids, and now have been taken up by the wahabhis.

Comment

Working...
                              X