WHAT IS JIHAD,.....The True meanings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT IS JIHAD,.....The True meanings.

Jihad, it is suppose to be an obligation on the individual muslim, but it is very unfortunate that the ACTUAL meaning has been misunderstood as it has been represented way too often in the western media, as well as by some well-meaning but ignorant muslims...

It is now understood as: Jihad=Holy War...
    when it is all incorrect, and is not the real meaning..

Jihad only means "striving"...
    There are 2 main kinds of Jihad, simply the 1st one is most essential: Jihad bil nafs. where a muslim strives within his/herself in a neverceasing effort at self-imporvement and self-purification...

It starts within the muslim soul from the time he or she attains a consciousness of right and wrong, and it does not end until the end of life itself.

the 2nd type is Jihad fi sabeel Allah,which is striving in the path of Allah..
    It is carried on by the tongue, by the pen, and if these fail, by the hand as a last resort. Islam absolutely prohibits enjoins forgiveness and forbearance in the case of personal wrongs done to themselves.

At the same time, they arent premitted to allow themselves or others to become the passive victims of others' injustice or aggression which, if they are not checked, will become more and more menacing to human dignity and freedom. As stated in the Koran (22:39-40)...

Islam makes it a duty on Muslims to reach out into society and carry on the struggle, by any means in their power both on an individual and collective level, against all forms of evil and corruption..

Also, they are required to wage an unremitting war on injustice, tyranny and oppression...

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

I agree with you.
    The reason I think this media takes it as 'holy war' is in part due to 'anti-Muslim' biasing as well as a part from history.
    If we look at our history, in early stages, 'holy-war' type jihad was done to invite people towards Islam - to spread Islam - later on it turned into gaining power over other countries even though Islam was still spreading but as a by-product (not the actual desire). The later rulers used Islam as tool to use the army to gain powers over others.

Today, we should not only look at 'holy-war' type jihad, which people tend to accept as 'main idea of jihad', rather we should improve ourselves 'jihad bin-nafs'.

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Jihad means struggle.

------------------
      "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

The why do some muslims bomb civilian places in the name of Jihad? Is it a Jihad against their piety?

For example, this guy Bashaa from Al-Umma an outfit in otherwise peaceful Tami;nadu, bombed 13 places of Coimbatore in one day.

Some locations - Coimbatore Railway station, Coimbatore Medical College, Another Hospital, A School, A Power transmission unit etc, and one bomb accidentally exploding in his own street when 2 muslim boys of a cricket playing group mistook the bomb for a ball.

When police traced and arrested him in the presence of media, all he shouted was, even if he was arrested, his "Jihad" will continue.

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited July 28, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
          The why do some muslims bomb civilian places in the name of Jihad? Is it a Jihad against their piety?
          kumarkn,
          Please give an example, who bombed where,..?..I shall try my best to answer your question,...waiting for your response,....

Comment

Sorry, I gave the above example b4 seeing ur post. Otherwise I would have given in a new post.

However, you need more, I can give 100s of such examples from many other parts of the world.

Comment

Sorry, I gave the above example b4 seeing ur post. Otherwise I would have given in a new post.

However, you need more, I can give 100s of such examples from many other parts of the world.
              kumarkn,
              Please give couple of examples,..I shall answer all,...Thanx,....

Comment

There is this Islamic organization, which has a political wing Tamil Islamic Party. When cauvery water dispute came up between TN and Karnataka (I guess in 1992), there was wide spread misunderstanding between people.

At that time, this TIP, sent letters to all the medis that thir "Jihad" will continue and hence, they will all launch suicide attacks on the Cauvery dam in Karnataka, killing every Kannadiga trying to stop the water

Comment

[b]The why do some muslims bomb civilian places in the name of Jihad? Is it a Jihad against their piety
                  MUSLIMS have never bombed civilian places in the name of jihad this is just a propaganda by anti muslim forces.

For example, this guy Bashaa from Al-Umma an outfit in otherwise peaceful Tami;nadu, bombed 13 places of Coimbatore in one day.

Some locations - Coimbatore Railway station, Coimbatore Medical College, Another Hospital, A School, A Power transmission unit etc, and one bomb accidentally exploding in his own street when 2 muslim boys of a cricket playing group mistook the bomb for a ball.

When police traced and arrested him in the presence of media, all he shouted was, even if he was arrested, his "Jihad" will continue.]This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited July 28, 2001).
                  [/QUOTE]
                  this is another false propaganda by the fascist hindus .before the bomba blast there was a riot in coimbatore city and many muslims were killed by the local police and muslim property was destroyed by the hindus and the police who were hand in glove with the hindus .the bomb blast was a result of the anti muslim riots and even after the bomb blast innocent muslims were arrested and harassed many of them were kept in solitary confinement for years without a trail .muslim women who tried to visit the accused were sexually harrased by the police and these allegations are not by me but its in the fir filed by jayalalitha against the former chief minister karunanidhi
                  if muslims react violently to such repression then its surely jihad

[This message has been edited by kabir (edited July 28, 2001).]

Comment

Kabir,
                    Thanx for the response to Kumarkn.I think he didn't read this,.."Jihad, it is suppose to be an obligation on the individual muslim, but it is very unfortunate that the ACTUAL meaning has been misunderstood as it has been represented way too often in the western media, as well as by some well-meaning but ignorant muslims...
                    It is now understood as: Jihad=Holy War...
                    when it is all incorrect, and is not the real meaning..

Jihad only means "striving"...
                    I'll recommend him to read it again,..and then ask question.He is comparing apples and oranges here.....
                    kumarkn,
                    as you have posted this "There is this Islamic organization, which has a political wing Tamil Islamic Party. When cauvery water dispute came up between TN and Karnataka (I guess in 1992), there was wide spread misunderstanding between people.
                    At that time, this TIP, sent letters to all the medis that thir "Jihad" will continue and hence, they will all launch suicide attacks on the Cauvery dam in Karnataka, killing every Kannadiga trying to stop the water".

Please give an international example,...I don't wanna discuss India's inner problems here,..Blindly,..I can't say anything about this incident,...If I have full knowledge of this district level dispute then may be I can explain well....Give me an international examples,.....I shall give you the right response........

[This message has been edited by TARIQ786USA (edited July 28, 2001).]

Comment

Muslims are muslims everywhere...

Also, Kabir dude, go get your history right...the whole thingy happened b4 jayalalithas' first rule. the current FIR thingy is no way related to the old one...

Another interesting thing.....

This guy Baashaa of Al Umma, finally got arrested, was put under trial, and after a loooooong trial, the jury judged him of being guilty, and the judge was about to pronounce the sentence...guess what happened then...

This guy Bashaa suddenly shouts at the top of his voice..that if the judge punishes him, his Jihadi waarioirs will kill him and bomb many many other places and the judge should be wary of that. He also shouted that he has special contacts outside India (whatever that meant) which can carry out his orders...

Guess what the judge did after that....

He added an extra punishment for disrespect of Indian Penal court... :hehe

Recent news...he is being given "Special treatment" ( you know what it means), at a special cell in Agra - far far away from Tamil nadu.

Why did he have to shout like that and get all this extra "tofas"?

Some poor Jihadi souls are poor thinkers..:hehe

Comment

Muslims are muslims everywhere...

Also, Kabir dude, go get your history right...the whole thingy happened b4 jayalalithas' first rule. the current FIR thingy is no way related to the old one...

Another interesting thing.....

This guy Baashaa of Al Umma, finally got arrested, was put under trial, and after a loooooong trial, the jury judged him of being guilty, and the judge was about to pronounce the sentence...guess what happened then...

This guy Bashaa suddenly shouts at the top of his voice..that if the judge punishes him, his Jihadi waarioirs will kill him and bomb many many other places and the judge should be wary of that. He also shouted that he has special contacts outside India (whatever that meant) which can carry out his orders...

Guess what the judge did after that....

He added an extra punishment for disrespect of Indian Penal court... :hehe

Recent news...he is being given "Special treatment" ( you know what it means), at a special cell in Agra - far far away from Tamil nadu.

Why did he have to shout like that and get all this extra "tofas"?

Some poor Jihadi souls are poor thinkers..:hehe
                        this is rubbish the bomb blast took place during the lok sabha elections
                        and the fact that you show those laughing faces showes your attitute towards muslims by the way you dont realise the impact jihadi can have or you wouldnt be laughing

[This message has been edited by kabir (edited July 30, 2001).]

Comment

Just because a BJP leader is coming to town shouldn't be a reason to place bombs in kinder garden schools and hospitals.

Is that the fight against struggle Islam talks about? I am sure it isn't.

Another serious question....

Serious Question:

If Jihad is really a strrugle against something, why don't we see that struggle against anything else other than an alleged political oppression?

Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in bettering manufacturing quality?
                          Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in winning gold medals in Olympics?
                          Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in peaceful rocket launches?
                          Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in beating the world to map the human genes??
                          Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in bringing the quality of life to newer heights?

In essence, Why don't muslims put to any constructive use, their need to do a Jihad?

The only way out for you guys from being drowned in your own work, is to start a Jihad against your urge to a Jihad.

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited July 30, 2001).]

Comment

Just because a BJP leader is coming to town shouldn't be a reason to place bombs in kinder garden schools and hospitals.

Is that the fight against struggle Islam talks about? I am sure it isn't.

Another serious question....

Serious Question:

If Jihad is really a strrugle against something, why don't we see that struggle against anything else other than an alleged political oppression?

Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in bettering manufacturing quality?
                            Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in winning gold medals in Olympics?
                            Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in peaceful rocket launches?
                            Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in beating the world to map the human genes??
                            Why don't I see Islamic Jihad in bringing the quality of life to newer heights?

In essence, Why don't muslims put to any constructive use, their need to do a Jihad?

The only way out for you guys from being drowned in your own work, is to start a Jihad against your urge to a Jihad.

KID,..Listen very carefully to me,..if may help you to keep your facts staright...
                            You are arguing for the sake of arguments,...which doesn't help at all here....Read my post again,...about Jihad,..If any body out of track from those limits is not doing jihad,...But abusing the word JIHAD...You are still confused with the meanings,..I asked you and you didn't answer my question,....again I am asking you,...GIVE ME THE EXAMPLES OF THOSE WHO SAYS THEY ARE DOING JIHAD,...? Examples must be International,..not India's inner problems,...I shall give you the best resonse,...Give me some example,...You are just confused and beating around the bushes,..

Comment

I gave u 2. If you cannot accept these real world examples, then it is your problem.

And, will your guys counter my arguement than calling me names? that unfortunately hints at the strength of your arguement.

Comment

Working...
                              X