Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'prayer/salaat' as prayed by Mohammed (PBUH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'prayer/salaat' as prayed by Mohammed (PBUH)

assalamo alaikum all

In another thread, bro a1shah showed an ayat about 'ablution'/'wudhu' as ordered/recommended by Allah SWT and said anything 'extra' or 'beyond' that is innovation.

I asked him (other Shia bros can also reply) how Mohammed (PBUH) and/or Hazrat Ali (RA)prayed 'salaat' and how is commanded by Allah SWT ?? Haven't seen a reply in that thread, so I started this thread.

REMEMBER: NO mud-slinging. Only those people are encouraged to reply who can provide references. Please take each response calmly and patiently.

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

There are lots of ahkams wajib on Muslims.

Quran doesnt teach us in details about each, and muslims are bound to follow both Quran and sunnat-e-rasool (pbuh).

What a1shah was debating on was that if the hukum for head and feet is the same in the Qurani ayat, then why dont sunni bretherns do the same for both head and feet?

"And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:
      There are lots of ahkams wajib on Muslims.

Quran doesnt teach us in details about each, and muslims are bound to follow both Quran and sunnat-e-rasool (pbuh).

What a1shah was debating on was that if the hukum for head and feet is the same in the Qurani ayat, then why dont sunni bretherns do the same for both head and feet?

Thanks bro Pagluu. My intention of bringing up this question is, that Allah SWT gave Prophet PBUH guidelines for doing something and Prophet PBUH developed procedure based on that guideline. If we start questioning validity of sunnah/hadith for such important issues, then we may not be able to practice Islam as Allah SWT and his Prophet PBUH would have wanted.

So was it the procedure of wudhu (which is not part of faith like salaat, zakat, hajj etc) so IMPORTANT that Allah SWT ordered/gave a procedure for 'minor' (wudhu) issue and let Prophet PBUH develop 'major' things (like 'salaat') on his own?

Allah SWT gave Prophet PBUH guidelines for development. We shouldn't argue / debate on 'minor' issues. Yes, you may debate on major issues like 'salaat', 'fasting' etc to make sure that everybody knows all sides of a picture. Don't pick 'minor' issues and try to prove that one's sect is better than other.

O'Allah you be the judge for whatever I say and do, guide me and all of us to the right path.

------------------

Comment

Brother Changez,

Suffice it is to know that without wud'hu, your prayers are void. Such is its importance that its instructions have been given in the qur'an. One of Imam Ali's (as) instructions to Imam Hasan (as) at the time of his death was to pay attention to the method of wud'hu. As such, I do not think it is prudent to downplay its importance.

As far as salat is concerned, are there any specific questions that you have in mind ?

ws

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:
          Brother Changez,

Suffice it is to know that without wud'hu, your prayers are void. Such is its importance that its instructions have been given in the qur'an. One of Imam Ali's (as) instructions to Imam Hasan (as) at the time of his death was to pay attention to the method of wud'hu. As such, I do not think it is prudent to downplay its importance.

As far as salat is concerned, are there any specific questions that you have in mind ?

ws
          Bro a1shah, I understand the importance of wudhu, without wudhu you can't pray. The question in this thread is, how did Prophet PBUH and Hazrat Ali (RA) prayed salaat (qayaam, rukoo, sujood etc)? and how is it directed by Allah SWT?

------------------

Comment

I had asked the same question about wadhu in a1shah's thread about wadhu....."Why shall we debate on Wadhu, just see how Prophet(peace be upon him )did during his lifetime"

Now Brothers...
            We should see how Prophet(peace be upon him) prayed in his life.

Originally posted by Changez_like:
            Bro a1shah, I understand the importance of wudhu, without wudhu you can't pray. The question in this thread is, how did Prophet PBUH and Hazrat Ali (RA) prayed salaat (qayaam, rukoo, sujood etc)? and how is it directed by Allah SWT?

Comment

Working...
            X