Question to Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to Muslims

In USA we are trying to teach islamic faith and principles to our kids.
    One of my pakistani friend has an american girlfriend and lives with her. I was not comfortable with his relationship and confronted him doing Zina with this girl. He stated that he is doing it under Muta so it is perfectly islamic. Now when my kids ask about this guy being with the american girlfriend, how should I explain in terms of Islamic principles.
    Any comments or suggestions?

Zina is Zina no matter if you do it under muta or some other cheap, lame excuse. It shouldn't be called zina even though they say they are doing it under muta. Its like eating an apple with an orange skin-same taste all you have to do is cover it with orange skin so it looks like orange not apple.

Ask him if he would let someone else do that to any of females in his family-and keep your distance when you ask that question.

Verses:

“And those who invoke not any other god along with Allaah, nor kill such life as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse – and whoever does this shall receive the punishment. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; except those who repent and believe and do righteous deeds, for those Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [al-Furqaan 25:68-70]

“And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a faahishah [anything that transgresses its limits – a great sin], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allaah forgives him).” [al-Isra’ 17:32]

A ahaadeeth:

‘Allaah has decreed for every son of Adam his share of zinaa, and there is no way to escape from it. The zinaa of the eye is a glance, the zinaa of the tongue is speaking, and the zinaa of the mind is wishing and hoping; then the private part either acts upon this or it does not.’”

(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 11/26; Muslim, 4/2046).

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Which sin is worst in the sight of Allaah?’ He said, ‘To make any rival to Allaah, when He has created you.’ I asked, ‘Then what?’ He said, ‘To kill your child for fear that he will eat with you.’ I asked, ‘Then what?’ He said, ‘To commit zinaa with the wife of your neighbour.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 8/492; Muslim, 1/90).

There is no need of Muta nowadays, when it was needed, it was made lawful, but then it was prohibited for ever at the time of Muhammed(saw).

---------
    The wife is the one with whom one stays on a long-term basis, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… and live with them honourably …” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19], but in the case of mut’ah a man does not live with the woman for long.

The wife is the one who is called a wife in sharee’ah, with whom the relationship is long-lasting. She is mentioned in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame” [al-Mu’minoon 23:6] – the latter (a slave whom one’s right hand possesses) is not a wife according to sharee’ah, because her stay is limited to a short time.

The wife is the one who inherits from the husband, or from whom the husband inherits, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“In that which your wives leave, your share is a half if they have no child…” [al-Nisaa’ 4:12]. But the woman in a mut’ah marriage does not inherit, because she is not a wife, since she spends such a short time with the man.

May Allaah guide the shias and those who occupy themselves with non-sense and lame excuses to do something which is prohibited in Islam.

------------------
    "I am not playing with a full deck!"

[This message has been edited by Abdul Basit (edited July 18, 2001).]

Comment

Who is better here,

a)a muslim who goes out with women, do zina, and everything without any Islamic authorization to be with that women

OR

b)a person who performs the practice of Muta

What exactly do you think Muta is Analyze?

You think its just a few words and off to the bed!!!

It has a whole procedure which is not much different from Nikkah. If you can explain nikkah to your kids then so can Muta be explained.

Temporary marriage is a conditional marriage. The purpose of such contract can be even only for talking to each other. Its not neceaarily SEX!!!

Although necessary talks between two sexes in order to get along with daily life, without evil intention and without possible evil consequences, is not forbidden in Islam, but a man and woman who are presently unmarried and who are in close contact with each other due to the job, study or whatever, are encouraged to enter to such contract. This removes any possibility of sin.

Imam Ali's (AS) said: "If it were not for the prohibition of temporary marriage no one would commit adultery except a wretched"

how would you explain to your kids the tons of cases of adultery in the "Islamic states" such as Pakistan OR Afghanistan? is there any explaination for that?

"And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Paglu, what ever you consider in muta, sex or other aspects the main thing is that a woman is NOT called nor considered a WIFE when under Muta - not according to what Islamic Shariah says about it.

Anyway, read my reply again-not that it will make any difference on your side.

------------------
        "I am not playing with a full deck!"

Comment

Assalam Alaikum Basit bhai,

Sub theek thaak na. Aur kiya ho raha hay jana?

Muta is made legal in the Quran (4:24).
          There are authentic Sunni references which indicate that various companions did NOT agree on being it abolished. This happens to agree with the Shia point of view.

It was also indicated that there are few allegations for its banning, but they are inconsistent and are weaker claims. Their variety is sufficient indication of the fact that they are based on opinion-only, mainly to justify the present situation. Also, not to mention their obvious conflict with above three points. Moreover, the Hadith is always tested against the Quran and not the other way around. The Quran is always in the higher authority.

Now all the Ayats carrying out-date-ahkaams have had been cancelled by new ayats.
          Now can you give me any ayat from Quran that disallows this hukum on Muta?

"And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

YUSUFALI: Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: Thus hath Allah ordained (Prohibitions) against you: Except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek (them in marriage) with gifts from your property,- desiring chastity, not lust, seeing that ye derive benefit from them, give them their dowers (at least) as prescribed; but if, after a dower is prescribed, agree Mutually (to vary it), there is no blame on you, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
            PICKTHAL: And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.
            SHAKIR: And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

=============================================
            Above are three different translations of 4:24 . I dont know how you interpret these as orders for muta or temporary intercourse.

Anyway I am not discussing the validity of muta itself. This is not my subject matter at this time. My understanding of islamic principle is that premarriage intercourse or any sexual contact is prohibited and thats what I teach my kids. This guy is living with this christian woman for three years and using mutah as an excuse. Whether muta is right or wrong, it is a great excuse for any muslim to do sex with anybody, anytime, anywhere. Isn't it?

Comment

Dear Analyze,

From what I understand, I think you do not believe in Muta. In that case, if I were in your place, this is what I would do. To younger kids, I would say that my friend is bad in eyes of Allah and what he is doing is not allowed as per Islam. He will be punished on his acts by God on the Day of Judgment. If your child is a bit older, I think I would let him know the social limitations posed by Islam with respect to women. And if needed, that Islam only allows such a relationship through marriage.

Please keep me out of the Mut'a, non-Mut'a debate because I am only trying to help Analyze, assuming that he does not believe in Mut'a.

Thanks,
              Omer

Comment

hi there,
                Muta was abolished during the time of Omar(ra), and after the Prophet his companions are our examples, we have to follow them too because they are his shadow.
                Tell your kids how the need for muta aroused and why it was abolished, and why we have to obey Omer(ra).

------------------
                All is the Beloved and the lover is a veil
                The Beloved is alive and the lover is dead (RUMI)

Comment

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited July 19, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by MyStiCaL_MisS:
                    hi there,
                    Muta was abolished during the time of Omar(ra), and after the Prophet his companions are our examples, we have to follow them too because they are his shadow.
                    Tell your kids how the need for muta aroused and why it was abolished, and why we have to obey Omer(ra).

Mystical miss... for your information, Shia mainly (may be some sects in them) support Muta. And they reject the khilafat of first three khulafa, so your presentation of this argument that Hazrat Omer (RA) abolished Muta will be rejected right away.

Comment

Assalam u Alaikum warahmatallahi wabarakatuhu ye all...

hmmm...well analyze it..if ya wanna know about whether muta is allowed or not in Islam according to Quraan & Sunnah..you can have a read at the following sites:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/muta_yes.htm

http://www.answering-christianity.com/muta_no.htm

And as far as it goes concerning shia-sunni beliefs relating to mutaa'...i dont wanna dwell myself into that shia-sunni debate right now...there are far more important issues we as muslims are facing in todays world rather than using time on shia-sunni debates...

i think we all should ask ourselves a very simple and logical question:

As muslims we look up to our beloved Prophet as the best of creations created by Allah and as the best example..... and the sisters look upto the honourable wives of the Prophet, his beloved honourable daughters and other honourable women in his household.

If we claim to be so much of a muslim..if we claim to have so much of love for our Prophet, his household and some his very close and beloved companions....
                      the question that arises is:
                      • did our Prophet ever married someone for a certain amount of time
                      • did he ever marry for the sake of his lusts, desires, this world, sake for chit chat or for the sake of any other worldly benefits
                      • and the same question could apply regarding his honourable household and his closest companions

And if someone claims or can prove that yes our prophet or anyone from his household did such thing or became part of a muta marriage. Then i believe there are many curious hearts and minds out here that would like to be enlighted.
                      So for Allah's sake lets try to follow the example of our beloved Prophet, His honourable household and his beloved companions.

And analyze it...if you know that your friend is using muta as an excuse (and Allah knows best) than as a muslim you should of course tell him, enlight him that he's committing a sin or atleast you shud consider him from your heart that hes a bad person who commits sin and a sinner is not appreciated in the eyes of Allah no matter what excuse we use.....

May Allah swt bestow us all with the best form of Imaan and His Rehmah & guidance *ameen*

------------------
                      Live Like (Mohammad & Ali)And Die Like Hussain.

[This message has been edited by SkyWalker (edited July 19, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
                        In USA we are trying to teach islamic faith and principles to our kids.
                        One of my pakistani friend has an american girlfriend and lives with her. I was not comfortable with his relationship and confronted him doing Zina with this girl. He stated that he is doing it under Muta so it is perfectly islamic. Now when my kids ask about this guy being with the american girlfriend, how should I explain in terms of Islamic principles.
                        Any comments or suggestions?
                        If you personally feel that he is committing zina, then cut off your relationships with him. isn't there a well know saying "a man is know with the company he keeps". If you can't stop him by hand, and he doesn't take your words either, then just be distant from him.

If you decide to be with him, you or your kids might get effected by him or his character at some time. We can all ask Allah SWT for our forgiveness, ask for his guidance and guidance for all of us as well.

------------------
                        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

What's wrong with telling your kids that he's married to that woman?

Comment

Originally posted by MyStiCaL_MisS:
                            hi there,

So Umar bin Khattab abolished a practise authorized by Allah (swt) and his prophet (pbuh).

How would you explain that to your kids - I would be interested to know.

[This message has been edited by a1shah (edited July 20, 2001).]

Comment

There are lots of other things that you'd have hard time explaining to your kids Analyze.

For Example, Quran has told every muslim to do a wasiyat before leaving this world. Your kid might someday ask what our dear Rasool (pbuh) said before leaving this world. Or how the "Khalifa" reacted when hazoor asked for a pen and paper to write his wasiyat on!

[This message has been edited by Pagluu (edited July 20, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X