The ruling on Piercings in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ruling on Piercings in Islam

I would like to know what is the ruling on Piercing in Islam. Espcailly if a male wants to get his ears pierced.

Originally posted by AliBeta:
    I would like to know what is the ruling on Piercing in Islam. Espcailly if a male wants to get his ears pierced.
    why would a male want to get his ear pierced? ear piercing is done mainly to wear some kind of ornaments. I don't know if there exists anyother reason.

wearing of ornaments is not permissible for men (in Islam).

Is there any Shia/Sunni conflict (if any)? or Shafi/Hanafi/Hanbali/Maliki/Brelvi difference?

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference of opionions??

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

how about other parts of the body, like a persons belly button perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by farhana:
        how about other parts of the body, like a persons belly button perhaps?
        Other parts of body, like belly button, are not used for ornaments wearing. This has become a fashion in western countries, where girls don't have shame to cover their belly buttons (or other body parts for that matter), they can roam around showing off their body.
        But in Islam, you don't show off your belly button to everyone, only 'spouses' can see it. Even though the mandatory parts to be covered by men are from bellybutton to knees, but how many ppl have you seen covering only the mandatory parts?

If girls can show their hands and face only, why'd they want ornaments in their ears? Girls can open their ears to each other, lets say some party (with no men present).

------------------

Comment

huh?

i just wanted to know if it was haraam to pierce your bellybutton or not?

Comment

Just because something iws not written in the Koran Shareef, doesnt mean that its forbidden. But it also doesnt mean that it is allowed. Come guys , use your own brains for a change. Allah miya gave us brains to use. Didn't he????

Comment

Originally posted by farhana:
              huh?

i just wanted to know if it was haraam to pierce your bellybutton or not?
              I tried to explain to you with logic why piercing is done. If your husband likes your body to be pierced and it is not 'un-healthy', and you are doing ONLY for him, then it might be considered okay.

In general, it may be regarded as 'haram', since a teenager with belly-button pierced would have tendency to show it to other people... leading him/her towards haram.

The question you have asked is one of those that are answered on "CASE by CASE" basis. Most of the time, people take an opinion of one case and apply to all similar cases which may not be right, its better to consult for your very own circumstance with a knowledgable person / scholar.

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X