Hadhrat Abu Bakar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadhrat Abu Bakar

Only for knowledge seekers. Not for mud draggers. Thanks.

The First Caliph, Abu Bakr (632-634 A.C.)

"If I were to take a friend other than my Lord, I would take Abu Bakr as a friend." (Hadith)

Election to the Caliphate
    The Prophet's closest Companion, Abu Bakr, was not present when the Holy Prophet (peace be on him) breathed his last in the apartment of his beloved wife of later years, Aisha, Abu Bakr's daughter. When he came to know of the Prophet's passing, Abu Bakr hurried to the house of sorrow.

"How blessed was your life and how beatific is your death,"
    he whispered as he kissed the cheek of his beloved friend and master who now was no more.

When Abu Bakr came out of the Prophet's apartment and broke the news, disbelief and dismay gripped the community of Muslims in Medina. Muhammad (peace be on him) had been the leader, the guide and the bearer of Divine revelation through whom they had been brought from idolatry and barbarism into the way of God.
    How could he die? Even Umar, one of the bravest and strongest of the Prophet's Companions, lost his composure and drew his sword and threatened to kill anyone who said that the Prophet was dead. Abu Bakr gently pushed him aside, ascended the steps of the lectern in the mosque and addressed the people, saying

"O people, verily whoever worshipped Muhammad, behold! Muhammad is indeed dead. But whoever worships God, behold! God is alive and will never die."
    And then he concluded with a verse from the Qur'an:

"And Muhammad is but a Messenger. Many Messengers have gone before him; if then he dies or is killed, will you turn back upon your heels?" [3:144]
    On hearing these words, the people were consoled. Despondency gave place to confidence and tranquility. This critical moment had passed. But the Muslim community was now faced with an extremely serious problem: that of choosing a leader. After some discussion among the Companions of the Prophet who had assembled in order to select a leader, it became apparent that no one was better suited for this responsibility than Abu Bakr. A portion of the speech the First Caliph gave after his election has already been quoted in the introduction.

Abu Bakr's Life

The Prophet gave him the title of 'Siddiq' - 'The Testifier to the Truth.'

Abu Bakr was a fairly wealthy merchant, and before he embraced Islam, was a respected citizen of Mecca. He was three years younger than Muhammad (peace be on him) and some natural affinity drew them together from earliest child hood. He remained the closest Companion of the Prophet all through the Prophet's life. When Muhammad first invited his closest friends and relatives to Islam, Abu Bakr was among the earliest to accept it. He also persuaded Uthman and Bilal to accept Islam. In the early days of the Prophet's mission, when the handful of Muslims were subjected to relentless persecution and torture, Abu Bakr bore his full share of hardship. Finally when God's permission came to emigrate from Mecca, he was the one chosen by the Prophet to accompany him on the dangerous journey to Medina. In the numerous battles which took place during the life of the Prophet, Abu Bakr was always by his side. Once, he brought all his belongings to the Prophet, who was raising money for the defense of Medina. The Prophet asked "Abu Bakr, what did you leave for your family?" The reply came: "God and His Prophet."

Abu-Bakr's Caliphate

As the news of the Prophet's death spread, a number of tribes rebelled and refused to pay Zakat (poor-due), saying that this was due only to the Prophet (peace be on him). At the same time a number of impostors claimed that the prophethood had passed to them after Muhammad and they raised the standard of revolt. To add to all this, two powerful empires, the Eastern Roman and the Persian, also threatened the new-born Islamic state at Medina.

Under these circumstances, many Companions of the Prophet, including Umar, advised Abu Bakr to make concessions to the Zakat evaders, at least for a time. The new Caliph disagreed. He insisted that the Divine Law cannot be divided, that there is no distinction between the obligations of Zakat and Salat (prayer), and that any compromise with the injunctions of God would eventually erode the foundations of Islam. Umar and others were quick to realize their error of judgment. The revolting tribes attacked Medina but the Muslims were prepared. Abu Bakr himself led the charge, forcing them to retreat. He then made a relentless war on the false claimants to prophethood, most of whom submitted and again professed lslam.

Another contribution of Abu Bakr to the cause of Islam was the collection and compilation of the verses of the Qur'an.

Abu Bakr died on 21 Jamadi-al Akhir, 13 A.H. (23 August 634 A.C.), at the age of sixty-three, and was buried by the side of the Holy Prophet (peace be on him). His caliphate had been of a mere twenty-seven months duration. In this brief span, however, Abu Bakr had managed, by the Grace of God, to strengthen and consolidate his community and the state, and to secure the Muslims against the perils which had threatened their existence.

Highly appreciated. Thanks analayze it. Don't forget Hazrat Abu Bakr also freed Hazrat Bilal from slavery, who gave us the beautiful call to prayer. Also post about the other great caliphs Hazrat Ali (ra),Hazrat Umar (ra) and Hazrat Usman (ra).

[This message has been edited by Astronut (edited July 20, 2001).]

Comment

You are most welcome, astronaut:
      =======================================

The Fourth Caliph, Ali (656-661 A.C.)
      "You [Ali] are my brother in this world and the next." (Hadith)
      Ali's Election
      After Uthman's martyrdom, the office of the caliphate remained unfilled for two or three days. Many people insisted that Ali should take up the office, but he was embarrassed by the fact that the people who pressed him hardest were the rebels, and he therefore declined at first. When the notable Companions of the Prophet (peace be on him) urged him, however, he finally agreed.

Ali's Life
      Ali bin Abi Talib was the first cousin of the Prophet (peace be on him). More than that, he had grown up in the Prophet's own household, later married his youngest daughter, Fatima, and remained in closest association with him for nearly thirty years.

Ali was ten years old when the Divine Message came to Muhammad (peace be on him). One night he saw the Prophet and his wife Khadijah bowing and prostrating. He asked the Prophet about the meaning of their actions. The Prophet told him that they were praying to God Most High and that Ali too should accept Islam. Ali said that he would first like to ask his father about it. He spent a sleepless night, and in the morning he went to the Prophet and said, "When God created me He did not consult my father, so why should I consult my father in order to serve God?" and he accepted the truth of Muhammad's message.

When the Divine command came, "And warn thy nearest relatives" [26:214], Muhammad (peace be on him) invited his relatives for a meal. After it was finished, he addressed them and asked, "Who will join me in the cause of God?" There was utter silence for a while, and then Ali stood up. "I am the youngest of all present here," he said, "My eyes trouble me because they are sore and my legs are thin and weak, but I shall join you and help you in whatever way I can." The assembly broke up in derisive laughter. But during the difficult wars in Mecca, Ali stood by these words and faced all the hardships to which the Muslims were subjected. He slept in the bed of the Prophet when the Quraish planned to murder Muhammad. It was he to whom the Prophet entrusted, when he left Mecca, the valuables which had been given to him for safekeeping, to be returned to their owners.

Apart from the expedition of Tabuk, Ali fought in all the early battles of Islam with great distinction, particularly in the expedition of Khaybar. It is said that in the Battle of Uhud he received more than sixteen wounds.

The Prophet (peace be on him) loved Ali dearly and called him by many fond names. Once the Prophet found him sleeping in the dust. He brushed off Ali's clothes and said fondly, "Wake up, Abu Turab (Father of Dust)." The Prophet also gave him the title of 'Asadullah' ('Lion of God').

Ali's humility, austerity, piety, deep knowledge of the Qur'an and his sagacity gave him great distinction among the Prophet's Companions. Abu Bakr, 'Umar and Uthman consulted him frequently during their caliphates. Many times 'Umar had made him his vice-regent at Medina when he was away. Ali was also a great scholar of Arabic literature and pioneered in the field of grammar and rhetoric. His speeches, sermons and letters served for generations afterward as models of literary expression. Many of his wise and epigrammatic sayings have been preserved. Ali thus had a rich and versatile personality. In spite of these attainments he remained a modest and humble man. Once during his caliphate when he was going about the marketplace, a man stood up in respect and followed him. "Do not do it," said Ali. "Such manners are a temptation for a ruler and a disgrace for the ruled."

Ali and his household lived extremely simple and austere lives. Sometimes they even went hungry themselves because of Ali's great generosity, and none who asked for help was ever turned away from his door. His plain, austere style of living did not change even when he was ruler over a vast domain.

Ali's Caliphate
      As mentioned previously, Ali accepted the caliphate very reluctantly. Uthman's murder and the events surrounding it were a symptom, and also became a cause, of civil strife on a large scale.

The situation in Hijaz (thc part of Arabia in which Mecca and Medina are located) became so troubled that Ali moved his capital to Iraq. Muawiya now openly rebelled against Ali and a fierce battle was fought between their armies. This battle was inconclusive, and Ali had to accept the de facto government of Muawiya in Syria.

However, even though the era of Ali's caliphate was marred by civil strife, he nevertheless introduced a number of reforms, particularly in the levying and collecting of revenues.

It was the fortieth year of Hijra. A fanatical group called Kharijites, consisting of people who had broken away from Ali due to his compromise with Muawiya, claimed that neither Ali, the Caliph, nor Muawiya, the ruler of Syria, nor Amr bin al-Aas, the ruler of Egypt, were worthy of rule. In fact, they went so far as to say that the true caliphate came to an end with 'Umar and that Muslims should live without any ruler over them except God. They vowed to kill all three rulers, and assassins were dispatched in three directions.

The assassins who were deputed to kill Muawiya and Amr did not succeed and were captured and executed, but Ibn-e-Muljim, the assassin who was commissioned to kill Ali, accomplished his task. One morning when Ali was absorbed in prayer in a mosque, Ibn-e-Muljim stabbed him with a poisoned sword. On the 20th of Ramadan, 40 A.H., died the last of the Rightly Guided Caliphs of Islam. May God Most High be pleased with them and grant to them His eternal reward.

Comment

MORE LOVELY THINGS ON ABU BAKR!! WE ALL LOVE HIM!!!!

1. The text regarding the succession to the Caliphate

I have committed myself, before embarking on this study, to never depending on any reference unless it is considered authentic by the two parties, and to discarding those references that are solely referred to by only one of the parties.

Thus, I shall investigate the idea regarding the preference between Abu Bakr and Ali ibn Abi Talib, and that the succession of the caliphate was by written text [Dictate] for Ali, as the Shiites claim, and not by election and Shura [consultation] as the Sunnis claim.

Any researcher in this subject, if he considers nothing but the truth, will find that the text in support of Ali is very clear, like the following saying by the Messenger of Allah: Whoever considers me his master, then Ali is his master. He said it at the end of the Farewell Pilgrimage, when it was confirmed that Ali would succeed, and many people congratulated him on that, including Abu Bakr and Umar who were among the well-wishers, and who were quoted as having said to the Imam, Well done, Ibn Abi Talib, overnight you have become a master of all the believers." [64]

[64]
        Musnad, Ahmed Hanbal, vol 4 p 281
        Siyar al Amin, al Ghazali, p 12
        Tadhkirat al Awas, Ibn al Jawzi, p 29
        Al Riyadh al Nazarah, al Tabari, vol 2 p 169
        al Bidayah wan Nihayah, vol 5 p 212
        Tarikh, Ibn Asakir, vol 2 p 50
        Tafsir, al Razi, vol 3 p 63
        al Hawi lil Fatawi, al Suyuti, vol 1 p 112
        This text has been agreed on by both Shiites and Sunnis, and in fact I have only referred in this study to some Sunni references. and not to all of them, for they are so many.
        If the reader wants more information, he may read "al- Ghadir" by al-Amini (thirteen Volumes) in which the writer classifies the sayings of the Prophet according to the Sunnis.

As for the alleged popular election of Abu Bakr on "The Day of al-Saqifah" and his subsequent acclamation in the mosque; it seems that it was just an allegation without foundation. How could it be by popular agreement when so many people were absent during the acclamation? People like: Ali, al-Abbas, most of the house of Bani Hashim, Usama ibn Zayd, al-Zubayr, Salman al-Farisi, Abu Dharr al-Ghifari, al-Miqdad ibn al-Aswad, Ammar ibn Yasir, Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman, Khuzayma ibn Thabit, Abu Burayd al-Aslami, al-Bura ibn Azib, Abu Ka'b, Sahl ibn Hanif, Saad ibn Ubada, Qays ibn Saad, Abu Ayyub al-Ansari, Jabir ibn Saad, Khalid ibn Saad, and many others. [65]

[65]
        Tarikh, al Tabari
        Ibn al Athir
        Suyuti
        Baghdadi
        So where was that alleged popular agreement? The absence of Ali alone from the acclamation is sufficient to criticize that meeting because he was the only candidate for the caliphate, nominated by the Messenger of Allah, on the assumption that there was no direct text regarding such a nomination.
        The acclamation of Abu Bakr was without consultation, in fact it took the people by surprise, especially when the men in charge of the Muslim affairs were busy preparing for the funeral of the Messenger of Allah. The citizens of al-Medinah were shocked by the death of their Prophet, and then they forced the acclamation [66] on the people. and even threatened to burn the house of Fatima if those who were absent from the acclamation refused to leave it. So how could we say that the acclamation was implemented through consultation and popular agreement?

[66]
        Tarikh, Qutaybah, vol 1 p 18
        Umar ibn al-Khattab himself testified that that acclamation was a mistake - may Allah protect the Muslims from its evil -, and that whoever repeated it should be killed, or he might have said that if someone called for a similar action there would he no acclamation for him or for those who acclaimed him. [67]
        Sahih, Bukhari, vol 4 p 127
        Imam Ali said about that acclamation: By Allah, Ibn Abi Quhafa has got it! And he knows that my position [regarding the caliphate] is like that of the pole in relation to the millstone! The torrent flows from me, and the bird will never reach me! [68]
        [68]
        Sharh, Muhammad Abduh, vol 1 p 34, Sermon as Shaqshaqiyah
        Saad ibn Ubada, a prominent man from al-Ansar, attacked Abu Bakr and Umar on the day of "al-Saqifah", and tried hard to keep them away from the caliphate, but could not sustain his efforts, for he was ill and unable to stand, and after al-Ansar paid homage to Abu Bakr, Saad said: "By Allah I shall never pay homage to you until I cast my last arrow at you, and pierce you with my lance, and attack you with my sword, with all the power in my hand, and fight you with all the members of my family and clan. By Allah, even if all the Jinns [invisible beings] and the human beings gathered to support you, I will never acclaim you, until I meet my God." He never prayed with them, he never sat in their company, he never performed the pilgrimage with them, and if he found a group of people willing to fight them, he would give them all his support, and if somebody acclaimed him to fight them, he would have fought them. He remained thus until he died in Syria during the caliphate of Umar. [69]
        [69]
        Tarikh, Qutaybah, vol 1 p 17
        If that was a mistake (may Allah protect the Muslims from its evil) as Umar put it (and he was one of its architects, and knew what happened to the Muslims as a result of it), and if that succession to the caliphate was illegal (as Imam Ali described it when he said that he was the lawful nominee for it), and if that acclamation was unjust (as according to Saad ibn Ubada the leader of al-Ansar who left al-Jamaah because of it), and if that acclamation was unlawful due to the absence of the leading figures of the Companions, including al-Abbas, the uncle of the Prophet, so what is the evidence and proof which supports the legality of the Abu Bakr's succession to the caliphate?
        The answer, is that there is no evidence or proof with the Sunnis and al-Jamaah.

Therefore, what the Shiites say regarding this issue is right, because it has been established that the Sunnis have the text which proves the succession of Ali to the caliphate, but they deliberately misinterpret it to maintain the Companion's honour. Thus, the just and fair person has no choice but to accept the text, especially if he knows the circumstances that surrounded the case. [70]

[70]
        al Saqifah wal Khulafah by Abdul Fattah Abdul Maqsood
        al Saqifah by Muhammad Rida al Muzaffar
        2. The disagreement between Fatimah and Abu Bakr
        The subject is agreed upon by the two parties, and the fair and sensible person has no choice but to judge Abu Bakr as being wrong, that is if he did not admit his injustice and bad treatment of the leading lady.

Anyone who cares to follow the events of that tragedy and studies its various facts will recognize that Abu Bakr deliberately hurt al-Zahra and denied her argument so that she could not protest against him - supported by the texts of al-Ghadir and others - regarding the lawful right for her husband and cousin to the succession of the caliphate. There are many indications that have been mentioned by historians which lead us to believe in accounts of these events, this is one of them:

Al-Zahra - may Allah's peace be upon her - went around the meeting places of al-Ansar, asking for support for her cousin and husband and they said, "O daughter of the Messenger of Allah, we have already acclaimed that man, and if your husband and cousin had approached us before him, we would have supported him." Ali - may Allah honour his face - said, "Would I leave the Messenger of Allah (saw) in his house unburied and go to argue with people about his authority?" Fatimah said, "Abu al-Hasan did what was expected from him, and for what they did Allah will hold them responsible and accountable." [71]

[71]
        Tarikh, Qutaybah, vol 1 p 19
        Shahrah, Ibn al Hadid
        If Abu Bakr was wrong, either unintentionally or through good-will, Fatimah al-Zahara would have persuaded him; but she was angry with him, because he refused to accept her argument and rejected her testimony and the testimony of her husband. She became so angry, she even prevented him in her will from being present at her funeral. When she died, her husband buried her secretly during the night. [72]
        [72]
        Sahih, Bukhari, vol 3 p 36
        Sahih, Muslim, vol 2 p 72
        As for her secret burial (as) during the night, it is worth mentioning here, that during my years of research and investigation, I went to al-Medinah to check for myself certain points, then I discovered the following:
        Firstly, the grave of al-Zahra is unknown and nobody knows exactly where it is; some say it is in the Prophet's chamber, others say it is in her house opposite the Prophet's chamber, and there are people who think that it might be in al-Baqi', in the midst of Ahl al-Bayt's graves.

This is the first fact that I deduced: al-Zahra (as) wanted the Muslims, through generations to come, to know why she asked her husband to bury her secretly during the night, and that not one of them attend her funeral ! Thus, every Muslim could reach certain interesting facts when researching into historical events.

Secondly, I discovered that the visitor who wants to visit Uthman ibn Affan's grave has to go a long way until he reaches the end of al-Baqi', and there he finds it by a wall. By contrast, he will find the burial places of most of the Companions at the beginning of al-Baqi', near the entry. Even Malik ibn Anas, the famous jurist, who was a follower of the Followers, is buried near the burial places of the Messenger's wives. It became clear to me what the historians meant when they said that he was buried in "Hash Kawkab". which was Jewish land, because the Muslims refused to bury him in the Baqi' of the Messenger of Allah. When Muawiya seized power, he bought that land from the Jews and included it in al-Baqi', so that it contains the grave of his cousin Uthman. He who visits al-Baqi' today will see this fact very clearly.

It is astonishing to know that Fatimah al-Zahra (as) was the first of the Prophet's children to die after him, and at the most there were six months between the departure of the father and his daughter, and despite that, she was not buried beside her father.

Fatimah al-Zahra, as I mentioned earlier, stated in her will that she should be buried secretly, therefore, she was not buried beside her father. But what about her son, al-Hasan, why was he not buried beside his grandfather? Aisha (Umm al-Mumineen) prevented that. When al-Husayn brought his brother to bury him by his grandfather, the Messenger of Allah, Aisha rode a mule and went around saying, "Do not bury someone I do not love in my house." Then, the houses of Bani Umayya and Hashim stood opposite each other ready to fight, but al-Husayn told her that he would only take the coffin of his brother around the grave of their grandfather then he would bury him in al-Baqi'. That was because Imam al-Hasan requested from his brother, that no blood should be shed for his sake. Ibn Abbas said a few verses regarding this event:

"She rode a camel [73], she rode a mule [74], if she had lived longer, she would have ridden an elephant, you have the ninth of the eighth, and you took everything."

[73]
        With reference to her mounting the Camel during the War of the Camel.

[74]
        With reference to her mounting the mule on the day when she prevented the burial of al Hasan next to his grandfather.
        This is another interesting fact: How could Aisha inherit everything, when the Prophet had nine wives? Ibn Abbas transmitted to us: If the Prophet was not to leave any inheritance, and Abu Bakr bore witness to that and prevented al-Zahra from inheriting anything from her father, how then could Aisha? Is there any text which states that the wife could inherit, but not the daughter? Or was it perhaps politics that changed everything, so it denied the daughter everything, and gave the wife everything?
        It is worth mentioning here a story related to the subject of inheritance that has been cited by many historians:

Ibn Abi al-Hadid al-Mutazili said in his commentary on Nahj al-Balagha: Aisha and Hafsa came to see Uthman, during his caliphate, and asked him to give them their shares of what they had inherited from the Messenger of Allah (saw). Uthman was stretched on the sofa, so he sat up and said to Aisha: You and that woman sitting next to you brought a man who cleansed himself with his urine and testified that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "We, the prophets, do not leave an inheritance." If the Prophet truly did not leave any inheritance, why do you ask for it now, and if he left an inheritance, why did you deprive Fatimah of her legal share? After that, she left him feeling very angry and said: Kill Na'thal, for he has become an unbeliever. [75]

[75]
        Sharh of Nahj al Balagha, Ibn al Hadid, vol 16 p 220-223

NOTE TO IGNORANT SUNNIS: YOUR SAHIHS AND HISTORIANS HAVE "MUDSLINGED" THESE GREAT CALIPHS AND NOT ME. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME REPEATING THEIR FACTS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT CALL YOURSELVES MUSLIMS.

Comment

I was afraid this benign thread will be taken over by the hatred. It is a prime demonstration that some people work hard to portray Islam as a religion of hate not of love. No more replies from me here. sorry astronut. This thread has also been hijacked.

Comment

salman every post u make me realize that shias are very different from other muslims ... this much hatred towards abu bakir ???? why in this world would the prophet stay and be friends with abu bakir if he was such a bad man ... please just explian this to me ...plz...

------------------
            To do in life is to appreciate it. To live life is to lose it. I dont know what I am saying so I will stop saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
              I was afraid this benign thread will be taken over by the hatred. It is a prime demonstration that some people work hard to portray Islam as a religion of hate not of love. No more replies from me here. sorry astronut. This thread has also been hijacked.
              Analyse bhai

Allah aap ko jaza dey, it was really very nice. BTW yeh wohi the Gr8 abu bakar siddique hein na, keh jab yeh faut hoe they to en ko hamare nabi ke kadmoon mein jagah milli thi, ofcourse it had our nabis approval .
              Keep it up Bro., The kufaaar will never understand., In gustakhoon ko allah doszakh ka indhan banay amen.

Zein

Comment

analyze it,
                ..dont worry there would always be people who malign Holy personalities like Hazrat Abu Bakr Saddiq (R.A) for some wordly things.. they even dont spare Holy messengers and somne times allevate people even higher then messengers of God..
                But its a fact that Hazrat Abu Bakr was the closest friend of our Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) all his life... They were always close and a person is judged by his friends..
                even before prophethood both of them were regarded as a sign of truth.. millions of muslims in the world love him for his love of prophet Muhammad and his just rule as Ist Caliph... thnx for sharing views on Hazrat Abu Bakr Saddiq..
                Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by AekKella:
                  salman every post u make me realize that shias are very different from other muslims ... this much hatred towards abu bakir ???? why in this world would the prophet stay and be friends with abu bakir if he was such a bad man ... please just explian this to me ...plz...
                  Prasise be to Allah and May Allah Raise the Rank of Prophet Muhammad his Kind Al and Companions.

Brothers and Sisters, Know that Abu Bakr is the best man of this nation after Prophet Muhammad. Allah mentioned Abu Bakr in Al-Qur'an, and it's unanimously agreed upon Muslims that Abu Bakr is the one meant in Al-Qur'an.

Also Abu Bakr was the first to believe and trust Prophet Muhammad. Prophet Muhammad before death, appointed Abu Bakr to lead the prayer, and he also ordered for all door to be closed but the door of Imam Abu Bakr may Allah be pleased with him. These were all clear and abvious signs of indication from Prophet Muhammad that Abu Bakr will be the Khalifah. Our Master Omar, Othman and Ali (Radiallahu Anhum) all oppointed Master Abu Bakr For Khilafah and accepted him.

Abu Bakr was not bad, nor was he hated. He was a great Mujahid in Islamic Da^wa, Physically and Financially. He was a great man and a role model.

Ahmad G
                  Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

hey analyze it bhai very informative thread..thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks Sheraz, I appreciate it.

YUSUFALI: Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).
                      PICKTHAL: Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.
                      SHAKIR: Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing and there is a covering over their eyes, and there is a great punishment for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zein:
                        Analyse bhai

Allah aap ko jaza dey, it was really very nice. BTW yeh wohi the Gr8 abu bakar siddique hein na, keh jab yeh faut hoe they to en ko hamare nabi ke kadmoon mein jagah milli thi, ofcourse it had our nabis approval .
                        Keep it up Bro., The kufaaar will never understand., In gustakhoon ko allah doszakh ka indhan banay amen.

Zein

Assalamu alaikum all,

Mr Zein, these are very inappropriate remarks from you calling Shias as 'kuffar' . Being a Sunni, I hate to see such remarks for Shias. If bro Salman brought up his idea / thoughts from his beleifs, probably its their 'fard'. Just like we Muslims are told "amr bil maroof wa nahi anil munkar", if according to their beleifs, Allah forbive me, Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) was like 'munafiq', they will leave no thread clean from hatred. Every thread you open or anyone else opens about first three caliphs they will post their beleifs.

Mr Sheraz seems to among the ones who probably wears 'contact lens' of hate (he never lets any thread go empty of hate for first three caliphs) whether you discuss about khilafat, or wudu (as bro a1shah initiated).

------------------
                        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Nice historical events but they have nothing to do with the religion and like many other great historical figures, should be looked at that way.

Comment

Ibrahim says: History is full of holes and will get adjusted acccoding to the victors.

"I can forgive but cannot forget" is only another way of saying "I cannot forgive"

Read!

42:37 Those who avoid the greater crimes and shameful deeds and when they are angry even then forgive;

24:22 Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen those in want and those who have left their homes in Allah's cause: let them forgive and overlook: do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

Comment

I don't understand why you think I hate Abu Bakr. I love Abu Bakr. That's why I posted those nice things about him and Uthman in my other thread. Go you should read it, it will make you love Uthman even more. But one think that is mind boggling is that why top Sunni scholars like Bukhari, Muslim, Hanbal, Ghazali, and Tabari would malign these great caliphs. Confusing huh? Maybe they were influenced by Iblees and were thus forced to write these things against these caliphs. But why would these great Sunni scholars not malign Ali? That is so weird. But I bet you smart Sunnis on this forum would have satisfying answer to these questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X