Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the word ‘Khatam’ - another perspective

In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful

The word Khatam has been used to present different expressions but with the same meaning. Following are some examples;
    • Baqiyyatul Mutaqaddimeen (pg. 184)
      KHATAM-AL-ASFIYAA AL A'IMMAH[/I] (seal of mystics of the nation) used for Jesus (pbuh).
    • Tafsir Safi (Chapter Al Ahzab)
      KHATAM-AL-AULIYAA (Seal of saints) used for Hazrat Ali (May God be pleased with him).
      Can no other person now attain wilaayat, if "seal" meant last?
    • Minar Al Hudaa (pg. 106)
      KHATAM-AL-AUSIYAA (Seal of advisers) for Hazrat Ali (R.A.)
    • Al Tuhfatus Sunniyya (pg. 45)
      KHATAM-AL-AULIYAA used for Imam Shaf'ee.
    • Fatoohati Makkiyyah (on title page)
      KHATAM-AL-AULIYAA used for Shaikh Ibnul 'Arabee.
    • Sharah Deewanul Mutanabbee (pg. 304)
      KHATAM-AL-KARAAM (Seal of remedies) used for camphor.
      Has no medicine been found or used after camphor, if "seal" means "last"?
    • Tafseer Alfatehah (p. 148)
      KHATAM-AL-A'IMMAH (Seal of religious leaders) used for Imam Muhammad 'Abdah of Egypt.
      Don't we have leaders today?
    • Newspaper Akhbar AlJami'atul Islamiyyah' (Palestine, 27 Muharram, 1352 A.H.)
      KHATAM-ATUL-MUJAHIDEEN (Seal of crusaders) for AlSayyad Ahmad Sanosi.
    • Al'Aqadun Nafees
      KHATAM-ATUL-ULAMAA-ALMUHAQQIQEEN (Seal of research scholars) used for
      Ahmad Bin Idrees.
    • Roohul Ma'aanee (title page)
      KHATAMATUL-MUHAQQIQEEN (Seal of researchers) for Abul Fazl Aloosi.
    • Ijaalah Naafi'ah (vol. 1)
      KHATAM-AL-MUHADDITHEEN (Seal of narrators) for Hazrat Shah Waliyyullah of Delhi.
    • AlTajreedul Sareeh Muqaddimah (pg. 4)
      KHATAMAT-AL-HUFFAAZ (Seal of custodians) for AlShaikh Shamsuddin.
    • Akhbaar Siraatal Mustaqeem Yaafaa (27 Rajab, 1354 A.H)
      KHATAM-ATUL-FUQAHAA (Seal of jurists) used for Al Shaikh Najeet.
    • Al Jaami'atul Islamia (9 Jamad-us-thaani, 1354 A.H
      KHATAM-AL-MUFASSIREEN (Seal of commentators or exegetes) for Shaikh Rasheed Raza.
    • Muqaddimah Ibne Khuldoon (pg. 271)
      KHATAM-AL-WALAAYAT (Seal of sainthood) for best saint.
    • Hadiyyatul Shi'ah (pg. 4)
      KHATAM-AL-MUHADDITHEEN WAL MUFASSIREEN (seal of narrators and commentators) used for Shah 'Abdul 'Azeez.
    • Wafiyatul A'yan (vol. 1, pg. 123, Egypt)
      KHATAM-USH-SHU'ARAA (Seal of poets) was used for the poet Abu Tamam.
    • Muqaddama Deewanul Mutanabbi (Egypt, pg. 4)
      KHATAM-USH-SHU'ARAA again, used for Abul Tayyeb.
    • Hayati Sa'di (p. 117)
      KHATAM-USH-SHU'ARAA used for Shaikh Ali Huzain of India.
    • Hayati Sa'di (p. 87)
      KHATAM-USH-SHU'ARAA used for Habeeb Shairaazi of Iran.
    • Kitaab Raeesul Ahrar (pg. 99)
      KHATAM-AL-MUHADDITHEEN used for Maulvi Anwar Shah of Kashmir.

The above are the few examples of people who have been given the title Khatam. How could it be interpreted as "last"?

---------------------------------------
    One with a pure heart needs not abundance of miracles One sign is enough if there is in the heart, a fear of God.
    zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

interesting, I see that you have done quite a research.

Now, just suppose if I call myself
    *Khatum-un-Engineer, does my statement carry any worth? If yes, why and if not, why.

Pls be very detail.

thanks
    *typo (probably)

Comment

so by this definition the meaning in Quran for:

'khatam-Allahu alaa quloobihim....' would mean that Allah raised their hearts to a very high/respected level? (especially when HE is talking about the ignorants/kuffars/mushriks ???)

------------------
      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
        so by this definition the meaning in Quran for:

'khatam-Allahu alaa quloobihim....' would mean that Allah raised their hearts to a very high/respected level? (especially when HE is talking about the ignorants/kuffars/mushriks ???)

Mr. Changez_Like,

'khatam-Allahu alaa quloobihim' means seal on hearts

Other wording i.e, Khatam-an-Nabiyeen, Khatam-al-Awoliah etc mean seal OF prophets, seal OF Awoliah (and not mean Seal ON Prophets and seal ON Awoliah.)

[This message has been edited by babar123 (edited July 11, 2001).]

Comment

Babydoll says: Now, just suppose if I call myself *Khatum-un-Engineer, does my statement carry any worth? If yes, why and if not, why.
          • Dear Sister, AoA, First of all you cant designate any rank to you by yourself, its others who assign you particular class. Secondly, if you are given the title of Khatam-ul-Engineer it would mean that you are the most top-notch engineer ever born or in other words there is no parallel to compare with your qualities for which you are assigned this title. In short you are the seal of genuineness for all the engineers.

Getting back to topic, Muslims in particular emphasizes to say that the placement of SEAL on a document, for example, means that the said document is 'concluded' and nothing could be added on it. Right?

However, the term is quite misunderstood in its application and claim. My opinion of putting a seal (on a document or anything else) is to validate its *Authenticity* and not to validate its *Conclusion* .

There is a difference between the two terms. Both are independent and are not mutually interchangable. Got it?

Try to comprehend from both angles and see how much the other side weighs.

In case of Mohammad(sa) being the Seal of the Prophets;

- The Muslims believes that He is the Seal of Conclusion of all the Prophets, while
            - The Ahmadis believes that He is the Seal of Authenticity of all the Prophets. (i.e. no one can claim to be a prophet unless and until he bears the seal of the Prophet Mohammad(sa). Be it Mosses or Jesus or any one among the 124000 earlier claimants, one MUST bear the characteristics impression of the Holy Prophet.sa to be validated as a true appointee.)

I hope this clears my point.

Changez_like says: khatam-Allahu alaa quloobihim....' would mean that Allah raised their hearts to a very high/respected level? (especially when HE is talking about the ignorants/kuffars/mushriks ???)
          • AoA, Changez bahi, you are blending up two different things;

- I am trying to explain the meaning of word Khatam as the seal of authenticity, the highest of all in that particular category.

- While you trying to mixed this up with the word RAFA which means raising the status.

clears enough?

wasalam

PS: i will explain the meaning of Khatamalaho qulubayhim, later.

------------------
          ** zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar saktee ager aasmaan say taluq pukhta ho **

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited July 11, 2001).]

Comment

zalim and babar...u guys have started yet another thread...daymmmm...u guys don't get tired...anywayz...ure back to square one of the whole khatam thing...tell me this...like i've asked sooo many times...

first a couple of hadiths

Book 36, Number 4271:
            Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah. Abdullah ibn Ja'far said: I heard AbulMalih praising Ali ibn Nufayl and describing his good qualities.

Book 36, Number 4270:
            Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If only one day of this time (world) remained, Allah would raise up a man from my family who would fill this earth with justice as it has been filled with oppression.

now...was mirza syed?

and secondly did he fill the world with justice like it had been filled with injustice? islam is soon becoming a name...i know people that don't even know the kalimah...and they call themselves muslims...mirza didn't correct that

------------------
            "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
            Anonymous

Comment

People who even cant grasp the theme of the discussion, how can they understand the divine things.

Mr. AhlaySunnah, Sholay and the rest, if you cant cope with the topic, its better to keep quite.

PS: for your curiosity, Mirza ghulam Ahmad belongs to faras. Was Hadhrat Salman Farsi not among the AhlayBait?

Comment

if this topic has been discussed soo many times in previous threads, y do u keep opening new ones?

and who the hell told u that salman farsi(ra) was part of the ahl-e-bait?

and the hadith distinctly states that he will be a decendant of fatima(as)

did he correct the islamic injustice?

------------------
                "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
                Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Zalim:
                  Mr. AhlaySunnah, Sholay and the rest, if you cant cope with the topic, its better to keep quite.
                  • just in case you missed the point.

PS: Holy Prophet(sa) once said; ﺐﻴﺒﻟﺍﻞﻫﺍﺎﻨﻣﻥﺎﻤﻠﺳ i.e. "Salman is member of our Household".

Comment

Zalim,

Interesting and I think you must have done a lot research to get this information. Keep up the good work.

------------------
                    "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

by Zalim's analogy, I wish I was born in faras too, to be considered as "Ahl-e-bait".

Is it enough to be "ahlay-bait" to be born in faras? or is there more definition to it besides being from family of Hazrat Ali & (RA)Fatima (RA)?

or did Prophet PBUH told us that there would be another 'ahle bait' or 'Prophet' from 'faras'?

Where was Ghulam Ahmed Mirza born? and his father?

------------------
                      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Zalim:
                        Babydoll says: Now, just suppose if I call myself *Khatum-un-Engineer, does my statement carry any worth? If yes, why and if not, why. Dear Sister, AoA, First of all you cant designate any rank to you by yourself, its others who assign you particular class. Secondly, if you are given the title of Khatam-ul-Engineer it would mean that you are the most top-notch engineer ever born or in other words there is no parallel to compare with your qualities for which you are assigned this title. In short you are the seal of genuineness for all the engineers.
                        Thanks for clarifying. The point I was trying to make......It's illogical to take a list of book titled "khatam" and try matching it against the word "khatam-un-Nabi" and hopes that it match in the meaning.

You said that no one can designate a rank but must be given by others. Exactly! The title Khatam-Un-Nabi was given by Allah and the book title was given by others (insignificant by comparison).

So, I am a lil' bit surprise how can anyone compare the word khatam from these examples.

Comment

Zalim & Co

I have already given you a thorough lesson in Arabic Grammar, but you still insist on stupidity!

In order for you to prove Mirza, the British Lapdogs Prophethood, you have always relied on the KHATAM involved with RAFA or whatever being implied does not mean last, therefore, Prophets can come after Muhammed PBUH.

The Qur'aan makes it abundantly clear that Muhammed PBUH is the Seal of Prophets. If you want to interperate the word Seal as meaning 'sales at wal-mart', then that's your decision.

A Prophet is a Messenger of Allah who is sent at a time when the MAJORITY of the Human Race is on the wrong path and therefore the Messenger is sent in order to guide people back onto the straight path. For Mirza to come when he did, assumes that the majority were on the wrong path and that the Qur'aan was false and thereore the Qur'aan was not protected and had failed. This then indicates that the promise of Allah made in the Qur'aan was false.

This in itself confirms Mirzas fraud.

In addition, the authentic A'Hadeeths have also confirmed that their is no Prophet to come after Muhammed PBUH.

Or are you stating that the most authentic A'Hadeeths are incorrect.

Just for the record, what is your stance on A'Hadeeth.

'When the haystack is burnt, all you can do is clutch at straws'.

Comment

that's the point i'm trying to make

allah(swt) sent 124000 prophets, y? no it wasn't for fun...what i think is secondary...but the reason was to make a nation called islam, to make islam's followers believe in one god...when the prophet(saw) had accomplished that, then y is there mirza? and plz do decide...yeh bhae hai kaun? mahdi hain, ya rasool hain?

and according to the prophet sayings, he will come at a time when there is injustice and make it the opposite, i've provided hadiths before...and another point is...did u ask him where he had been allll this time?
                            imam-e-zamana(as) is in hiding...mirza saab looked pretty young to me

coming to my thought about the 124000 messengers...allah(swt) did that to set examples for muslims...and that is y they are mentioned in the quran...eg
                            prophet lut's people(gays)

------------------
                            Anonymous

Comment

Zalim you must be Khatam-ul-Jahilliya.

Comment

Working...
                              X