Abu huarira (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu huarira (part 2)

We have discussed this before. but it was deleated as some people couldnt keep there keyboards to themselves....

The Question was.....

Even though hazrat Ali had spent more time with the Prophet he has only about 300 reported hadeeths in sahih bukhari.

But Abu huarira on the on the other hand has countless thousands while he was young and and spent very few years with the prophet?

Remember no Mud slinging!!!

------------------
    When the Lion is Dead, Every Assthinks it can Kick it!!!!

will be back with some of his questionable hadiths

------------------
    "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
    Anonymous

Comment

Shah Buddy, last time there were a couple of us who tried to make it very simple. I'll try even harder this time

The Prophet was questioned about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING he did or avoided. The Sahaba questioned simple tasks such as to why he would drink water with his right hand.

These questions were answered and the answers were passed down, later becoming hadiths.

For a hadith to be accurate, it must be verified by numerous people. When the hadith 'library' was being put together, these 'passed-on' hadiths were questioned about in public and the ones that were sensible and most popular were used.

--xcommi.

Comment

Dear Shah Jahan,
        Here is an analogy for you:

My mother committed a big crime; I say that after assessing every thing according to the best of my knowledge while my elder brother declared, after his investigation, that she is innocent.

Now we are in the court.

I want him to be punished for supporting a guilty person.

My brother wants me to be punished as I have put a false blame on Mother.
        Its not been decided yet either the mother is guilty or not

Now Shah Jahan
        In the light of Islam
        If mother were found guilty what punishment would you suggest for my Elder brother for supporting her

If mother is not found guilty then what punishment would you suggest for me for putting false blame on her

And what would you suggest for those family members who didnít oppose or support the mother

Dear Shah Jahan, please donít go quiet, as you normally do, answer this question using your logic

And donít worry, although you didnít open up really but I have understood your question, I will discuss Hadrat Abu Hurairah(Radi Allah an hu) later

Comment

sorry this isn't from abu huraira...but it's one of those false hadiths
          Some traditions are found in Sunni books to the effect that the Prophet (s.a.w.) on migrating to Medina found the Jews fasting on the 10th of Muharram. He asked them why, and was told: "It is an auspicious day; it is the day when God delivered the children of Israel from their enemy (i.e. Pharaoh); and, therefore, Moses fasted on that day." The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, "I am worthier of Moses than you are." Thereupon, he fasted on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to fast.
          1. al-Sahih of al-Bukhari, Vol.3; Egypt ed.; p.54

2. Mishkatul-Masabih; Delhi ed.; 1307 A.H.; p.l72

Some traditions are found in Sunni books to the effect that the Prophet (s.a.w.) on migrating to Medina found the Jews fasting on the 10th of Muharram. He asked them why, and was told: "It is an auspicious day; it is the day when God delivered the children of Israel from their enemy (i.e. Pharaoh); and, therefore, Moses fasted on that day." The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, "I am worthier of Moses than you are." Thereupon, he fasted on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to fast.

1. al-Sahih of al-Bukhari, Vol.3; Egypt ed.; p.54

2. Mishkatul-Masabih; Delhi ed.; 1307 A.H.; p.l72

It is noted by the commentator of Mishkatul-Masabih that "it was in the second year, because in the first year the Prophet had arrived at Medina after 'Ashura, in Rabi'ul-awwal."

How much importance was this fast supposed to have may be judged from another tradition narrated in al-Sahih of. al-Bukhari: "The Prophet (s.a.w.) ordered a man from the (tribe of) Aslam: Announce to the people that whoever has eaten should fast the rest of the day, and whoever has not eaten should fast (the whole day), because today is the 'Ashura (10th day of Muharram)."

That very year the fast of Ramadan was ordained and the obligation to fast on 'Ashura was abrogated, as has been claimed in other traditions narrated in the same book. Still, reportedly, it carries much importance as a voluntary fast.

Now let us look closely at these traditions:

First: The Jews had their own calendar and months. There is no logic in saying that they fasted on the 10th of Muharram - unless it could be proved that this date always coincided with a Jewish day of fast.

It was mentioned in my article, "Martyrdom of Imam Husayn and the Muslim and the Jewish Calendars" (Alserat, Vol.VI, No's 3 & 4; Muharram 1401 Nov.1980) that the first month of the Jews (Abib, later named Nisan) coincided with Rajab of the Arabs. W.O.E.Oesterley and Theodore H.Robinson have written that in Arabia "the most important of all the new-moon festivals was that which fell in the month of Ragab (sic), equivalent to the Hebrew month 'Abib, for this was the time when the ancient Arabs celebrated the Spring festival." (Hebrew Religion; S.P.C.K., London; 1955; p.128)

Probably, in ancient times the two branches of Abraham's house followed the same system of intercalating an additional month 7 times in a cycle of 19 years. And in this way the 7th Jewish month, Tishri I, coincided with Muharram. And the 'Ashura of Muharram synchronized with 10th of Tishri I, the Jewish Day of Atonement - a day of fast. In that article, it was observed that the two calendars lost their synchronization when Islam, in the 9th year of hijra, disallowed intercalation. But on deeper consideration it transpired that that parity was lost long before the advent of Islam, because the Arabs did not follow any mathematical calculation in their intercalation. That was why the Muharram of the 2nd year of Hijra began on 5th July, 623 C.E. (Al-Munjid, 21st ed.), months before Tishri I (which always coincides with September-October).

Clearly, 'Ashura of Muharram in that year (or, for that matter, during the Prophet's whole life at Medina) had no significance whatsoever for the Jews.

The question is: Why did they fast on that day?

Second: The Jewish Midrashic literature relates the 10th day of the 7th month (Yom Hakippurim - Day of Atonement) to the event of bringing the tablets of the Covenant from Mount Sinai, as Dr. Mishael Maswari-Caspi has written in his letter, quoted in my previous article, mentioned above.

The question is: If the Jews had wanted to keep the long-lost synchronization of Tishri I and Muharram in view, how was it that they forgot to narrate this tradition to the Prophet?

Third: The month in which God delivered the Israelites from Pharaoh was Abib (i.e. Rajab), as the Bible clearly says: "Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the Lord thy God: for in the month of Abib the Lord thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night." (Deut., 16:1)

The question is: How could the Jews transfer an event of Abib (originally coinciding with Rajab) to Muharram, in open defiance of their Torah?

And lastly here is a point to ponder for the Muslims: The Prophet (s.a.w.) was sent with a religion to abrogate all previous religions and shari'ah. How was it that he deigned to imitate the custom of the Jews?

It is clear from above-mentioned facts that the Jews had no reason at all to fast on 'Ashura of Muharram at that period; and this story, built on that premise, is just that - a fiction. Obviously, it was invented by a narrator who only knew that once upon a time Muharram coincided with the Jews' Tishri I; but was totally unaware of contemporary Jewish religion and culture.

One feels constrained to mention here that this and other such traditions were forged by camp-followers of the Umayyads, after the martyrdom of Imam Husayn, as a part of their campaign to turn the 10th of Muharram into a day of rejoicing. These traditions are of the same genre as those which say that it was on the 10th of Muharram that Noah's ark rested on Mount Arafat, the fire became cool and safe for Abraham, and Jesus ascended to the heaven. In the same category came the traditions exhorting the Muslims to treat 'Ashura as a festival of joy, and to store one's food-grain on this very day as it would increase one's sustenance and bring the blessings of Allah to the household.

------------------
          "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
          Anonymous

Comment

i'm sorry..my replies have been in bits and pieces

think about this...abu huraira converted to islam 2 years before the prophet(saw) passed away...yet he has more hadiths than other companion, not even aisha(ra) has that many, who was the prophet's(saw) wife and was known to have stayed with the prophet(saw) most out of all his wives(ra)

------------------
            Anonymous

Comment

Brother AHlay Sunnat, I am struggling to see what you are trying to achive out of this conversation.
              Please get a move on.
              "And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

They say in Urdu

Sawaal Gandum
                Jawaab Chana

Comment

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

The question of existance of a person called Abu Huraira has bothered me a lot. I have not been able to find out much about this person. There is very brief expalantion given by the authors of Bokhari, that Abu Huraira was a Yemeni Jew who converted to Islam and was with the prophet for only about two years. Now those of you who have read Bokhari, you know that Abu Huraira has been quoted for almost 2000 plus hadiths. That simply means that in those two years prophet did not speak to any one but Abu Huraira. Also there are only about 200 plus hadiths quoted by Abu Bakar who was the closest friend of the Prophet and spent 23 years with him. Authors of Bokhari created a fictional character and named him Abu Huraira to justify their innovations. Just think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mullah_DoPiazza:
                    Dear Brothers and Sisters:

The question of existance of a person called Abu Huraira has bothered me a lot. I have not been able to find out much about this person. There is very brief expalantion given by the authors of Bokhari, that Abu Huraira was a Yemeni Jew who converted to Islam and was with the prophet for only about two years. Now those of you who have read Bokhari, you know that Abu Huraira has been quoted for almost 2000 plus hadiths. That simply means that in those two years prophet did not speak to any one but Abu Huraira. Also there are only about 200 plus hadiths quoted by Abu Bakar who was the closest friend of the Prophet and spent 23 years with him. Authors of Bokhari created a fictional character and named him Abu Huraira to justify their innovations. Just think about it.
                    So your consipricist mentality would have us believe such a notion?????
                    Have not numerour scholars and sources talked of Abu Huraira may Allah be pleased with him?

Putting a flip to your arguments, is it not the case that in order proove that Ali may Allah be pleased with him was greater in status that the messemger (sw), the Shi'ites have attempted to discredit all sources of knowledge so that they may invent thier own fabricated lies???????????????

Comment

There is a saying.....

When Ducks fly above a man he can only see them not reach them. same goes with Idiots!!

I asked a simple question and You guys get confused.

Why did he have more reported hadeeths than everyone else?

See if anyone can answer that?

------------------
                      When the Lion is Dead, Every Assthinks it can Kick it!!!!

Comment

Brothers before you attempt to answer any post it would be wise to read the last post and then answer.

I don't know why nobody answers simple questions which I put forward in plain English
                        But everybody seems so keen to cut n paste long articles.
                        And I would provide you every single detail about Abu Hurrariah(Radi Allah an hu) but only if I get an answer for my questions first.

Comment

wasir y do r u trying to hijack shah-jahan's thread? agar bhae merai...aap kou question phooch na hai...tou aik aur thread khol lou

and coming to what Mullah dopiazza, shah bhae, and what i said earlier...how did he have more hadith than people living with the prophet(saw) a decade or two more than abu huraira...
                          mullah bhai...abu huraira is not a fictional character...he's real, but he has fabricated many hadith...think about it people...don't jump to defend him, just cuz he's in the sahih bukhari...look at it with open eyes...plz

------------------
                          Anonymous

Comment

there is a interesting discussion pertaining to abu-huraira at
                            http://al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter9/3.html

------------------
                            Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by wasir:
                              And I would provide you every single detail about Abu Hurrariah(Radi Allah an hu) but only if I get an answer for my questions first.
                              My Dear Brother Wasir:

I hope you have a birth certificate or some other authentic piece of paper, which can prove Abu Huraira's existance

Comment

Working...
                              X