Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was the religion of "sai baba"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    what was the religion of "sai baba"?

    well this is to the indians or hindus rather in this forum .
    well pakistanis iam not sure if all are aware or not but "sai baba" a sufi of 16 th century is worshipped like a god in maharashtra and esp in the western india
    actually " sai baba " was a muslim sufi who lifed in city of shirdi but latter he ws rechristenioned as a hindu and blah blah
    but many of the hindus admit that he was a muslim i want to ask the indians what they have to say about it?

    #2
    I consider him a muslim. But it doesn't matter. For in Hindusim, any man/woman/thing, when beleives in a god (call it by any name), he/she/it is a Hindu.

    Comment


      #3
      so i would be hindu eventhough i don't believe in krishna, or cremate, or believe in re-incarnation?

      i don't know what the concept is of hinduism...is there life after death? or is it a never ending re-incarnation?

      ------------------
      "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
      Anonymous

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by kumarakn:
        I consider him a muslim. But it doesn't matter. For in Hindusim, any man/woman/thing, when beleives in a god (call it by any name), he/she/it is a Hindu.
        does Hinduism have ONE GOD? Muslims don't have thousands of GOD. Not every other creature is GOD in Islam, what about Hinduism?

        ------------------
        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Changez_like:
          does Hinduism have ONE GOD? Muslims don't have thousands of GOD. Not every other creature is GOD in Islam, what about Hinduism?

          pls search in this section on hinduism. there r very few hindus here and why recycle arguments.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by kumarakn:
            I consider him a muslim. But it doesn't matter. For in Hindusim, any man/woman/thing, when beleives in a god (call it by any name), he/she/it is a Hindu.
            I wish to correct my sentence. As per the srutis...

            Any man(woman/thing), if is aware (conscious) of a god (call it by any name), he(she/it) is a Hindu.

            And you don't have to believe in anything (even having faith in god), nor have to follow anything. In fact you can even question or hate god and be a Hindu. For it is the awareness that counts.

            Karma, Dharma, re-incarnation or hatred of god, anger against god and everything else just reflects different forms of Hindu faith.

            We have discussed about hindu gods, many zillion times in this forum. Please refer to the old ones b4 posting these questions!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ZZ:
              pls search in this section on hinduism. there r very few hindus here and why recycle arguments.
              also responded to by MR Kumarakn.
              my question was triggered by Mr Kumarakn's original statement 'any man/woman/thing, when beleives in a god (call it by any name), he/she/it is a Hindu.'

              if Mr Kumarakn can "recycle" his statement, why can't i recycle my question?

              ------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

              Comment


                #8
                All right! let me respond in short,

                >>Does Hinduism have ONE GOD?

                What is your definition of God. Islamic or Christian intrepretation of God has no place in Hinduism. In Hinduism, God is neither a person nor an entity who shows love or mercy, it is the Consciousness of a Supreme Reality.

                The Reality is one, and only one!
                "Ekam, Na Dwitiyam" - One, not Two!

                >>Muslims don't have thousands of GOD.
                Ok! So?!!

                >>Not every other creature is GOD in Islam, what about Hinduism?
                In Hinduism, not just every "other" creature; every one of the creatures, living or non-living, animate or inanimate is a part of one single Supreme Reality.

                Any further questions?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by kumarakn:
                  Any man(woman/thing), if is aware (conscious) of a god (call it by any name), he(she/it) is a Hindu.
                  by 'awareness/consciousness' you mean that you don't have to follow GOD's command, and when someone "beleives" in GOD then (s)he must follow HIS commands?

                  ------------------
                  We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Not necessarily! You don't have to follow to be a believer nor you have to be a believer to follow.

                    Unlike Christianity or Islam, there are no rules in Hinduism.

                    There is NO hindu god who/which commannds you to do anything. Any such attempt would have killed the relevance of Hinduism and its ability to be effective for ever. Anything is acceptable, as long as you relaize everything is a part of the same Reality, aslo referred as Brahm!.

                    [This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited July 11, 2001).]

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by kumarakn:
                      Not necessarily! You don't have to follow to be a believer nor you have to be a believer to follow.

                      Unlike Christianity or Islam, there are no rules in Hinduism.

                      There is NO hindu god who/which commannds you to do anything. Any such attempt would have killed the relevance of Hinduism and its ability to be effective for ever. Anything is acceptable, as long as you relaize everything is a part of the same Reality, aslo referred as Brahm!.

                      [This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited July 11, 2001).]
                      oh, so thats Hinduism? or is it particular sect/group's beleive?

                      what is definition of RELIGION?

                      ------------------
                      We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        particular sect's belief? don't know.

                        Definition of religion -> search the web.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          my post was just to know about your opinion of the religion of "sai baba" and not about hinduism

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by kumarakn:
                            particular sect's belief? don't know.

                            Definition of religion -> search the web.
                            if you can't answer basic definition... why are you on this forum representing HINDUISM everywhere? why do you have to refer to INTERNET?

                            I asked for your definition of religion, as you have a different definition of 'GOD'.

                            Also, Sai Baba was a Hindu, you are denying people of your own religion?

                            [This message has been edited by Changez_like (edited July 12, 2001).]

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Ok!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X