Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Someone's Reilgion Change ure Perception of Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Someone's Reilgion Change ure Perception of Them?

Hey what's up

i was just thinking...if u had a friend...and they converted to something that u just thought was out of the question...like say from muslim to jewish(mannn i haven't heard of that one yet)...anyway...my point is...well personally...if one of my friends converted to another religion, regardless of their reason, thennn i sorta would be like...ohhhhh...that's weird...i mean it wouldn't be the same with them for some time...
    if u think it thru...muslims want the "west" to lose the perception that they are bearded gun-totting terrorists...but the fact remains, i would feel weird if someone i knew converted to another religion

sooo how would u guys feel?

haan jee?

------------------
    "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
    Anonymous

[This message has been edited by Ahl_e_Sunnah (edited July 09, 2001).]

Well, your example is a bit extreme, but simply speaking yes. It may.

I have a very old friend. After many years of friendship, one day I suddenly found out that he is a qadiani. I thought about it long and hard, and in the end, it didn't change our friendship, though it easily could have. Some how with the passage of time (getting old) the tolerance level increases.

While a teenager, fresh from jummay ka khutba from a fiery maulvi saab, might react very strongly, while a late 20's something will take it mildly and rationalize. Then again, everyone is different.

Comment

No change in relationship from my point of view. I have friends in all four religions. Jews, Christians Muslims and Hindus. We are friends because we respect each others faith and beliefs. Friendship will detoriate the moment any one says my faith is better and that we should convert.

Comment

I don't think it would change my opinion/perception of them. Sure I admit maybe the way I interact with them might change, maybe I'd be a little more reserved(?) but I really dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahl_e_Sunnah:
          Hey what's up i was just thinking...if u had a friend...and they converted to something that u just thought was out of the question...like say from muslim to jewish
          Ahl_e_Sunnah,
          Nothing will surprise me I think. Muslim converting to Jewish is nothing. How about Muslim joining church of satan ? that will definately be som'thin

(mannn i haven't heard of that one yet)...anyway...my point is...well personally...if one of my friends converted to another religion, regardless of their reason, thennn i sorta would be like...ohhhhh...that's weird...
          I would ask "whats the cost of membership?"

i mean it wouldn't be the same with them for some time...
          Nah....

if u think it thru...muslims want the "west" to lose the perception that they are bearded gun-totting terrorists...but the fact remains, i would feel weird if someone i knew converted to another religion
          True. The only thing west knows about Islam and Muslim is beard, veils, terrorist and backwardness.

sooo how would u guys feel?
          haan jee?
          it do happen.....

Comment

some people replying to this post have written that they are friends with people of different religions, that's great and all...but what i was getting at was the feeling, ure attitude changes when someone of ure faith converts to another
            i to have friends that are hindu-even though they are more in number they have never let me feel out of place...
            the whole point of this post was to see how religion has shaped us, how important it is to us
            well lets take this example:
            what would u ask for from a "genie" lol...if u were stranded on an island?

------------------
            "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
            Anonymous

Comment

if someone becomes 'murtad', then by religion we (Muslims) should "shun" him/her. if someone converts from Hinduism to Buddhism then it does not really matter...

if within Islam he/she changes sect, then it should be okay (as long as he/she does not do 'shirk'). we here can't judge as to WHO goes to HELL or WHO goes to Heaven. Allah will not ask us of our opinions who is Muslim (to go to Heaven) and who is kafir (to go to Hell).

Even as Muslims, we won't enter Heaven due to our "good deeds", but only by Allah's rehmat (mercy). So actually HE is the DECIDER.

------------------
              We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

The whole notion relies on what the previous beliefs were and what are the new beliefs. In addition, how close was the relationship and in what context.

For example,if any of my close friends converted from Muslim to Hindu and then started to preach, I would withdraw my association gradually due to our beliefs. And I'm sure that this would apply from the other side as well.

If anyone changes from being a Muslim to whatever Faith, then this implies that they could NOT find the answers they were looking for and are not content within Islam. There will be a time when this person will need to state, why their was a change and I'm sure negative things will be posted against the previous Faith.

I do have associations with people from different Faiths, but only to a limited degree. My main associations are with Predominant Muslims.

Comment

i don't know many people that converted from islam to another religion, but i have come across people that were of a different faith but i hadn't known till later...and i did feel sorta taken aback...but gradually it was normal...i personally do not care what the other person believes in, a long as they do not preach to me, and insult my faith, then i don't care whether they consider themselves god.
                  and about what sholay bhai said...well that's tru, at one point in time they will have to state y they changed, to me that statement is more for them than it is for me, it's sorta of a fortification of their beliefs...arai bhai...tum yeh believe this, kartai raho..mujhe kyon bata rai hou?

------------------
                  Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                  X