EWWW YUCK AKHHHH THOOOOO!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EWWW YUCK AKHHHH THOOOOO!!!!!!

Alright i was just sitting in front of the computer and decided to drink some water. I did not realize i picked up a day old glass of water. It tasted disgusting, EWWWW!

Ok, ok, i'm getting to the question!

The water i just drank was still water which is a day old. Still water is considered haraam to drink. Isn't it?

Second part of my question is that if still water is haraam what about the water in the fridge we store to cool off?

Its 4:34 AM in the morning I'm not sure if i've asked a valid question or not but my brain gave up on me about 2 hours ago. So y'all give this a shot.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

hm gd point but i think that the thing about still water was/is more for travelers who have no water and see a stream or a pudel and if the water is not moving then they cant drink it.
    ps this is only my humble opinion

Comment

o and i forgot to say that well it is best to throw the water in ur glass away because it has been in the glass for a long time and presumabley it has not been coverd but if it has been coverd then i think u should b ok to drink it but still it is best to throw the water away because u do have some water any way at ur house. rite?????????? j/k

Comment

Anyone else?? Saadia? I'm asking you since you seem to answer all my questions OH GREAT OBIWAAN (star wars character)

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
          Anyone else?? Saadia? I'm asking you since you seem to answer all my questions OH GREAT OBIWAAN (star wars character)

lol.. i really don't know abt it.... i've read tht we should cover up our food and drinks when not in use... has something to do with jinns eating/drinking frm it.. i'll see if i can find ne thing on the net abt it.

Comment

My mom always asks me to cover foodstuff or drink if not planning to consume immediately

Anything can decide to take a swim in your glass ...ants, bugs, spiders... some yucky stuff falling from the sky..ceiling.

Covered food/drink is clean and you don't need to be worried about unidentified objects.

Not likely to be haram. People use to drink water from well/pond/river in the old days.

Comment

Hmmm i don't think its haram either. Though it makes sense that running water would be cleaner as most of the particles settle to the bottom, and the fast moving water doesn't allow the growth of algae,etc. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Aside from that, I say use common sense. If you're going camping/hiking and being very thirsty u pause to get a drink from a mountain stream, the water being cold and clear I don't think there's any chance of the water being harmful to your health, but say you come across a still pond, the water is murky, covered with a film of slimy green looking stuff, u probably wouldn't want to drink it. Likewise, if the glass of water has been sitting on your desk for a day or two, uncovered, i don't think there's any thing wrong with drinking from it, sure it may taste stale, and dust might have entered it---but thats the same dust u breathe in also, right? Hmmio, u guys if u think i'm nuts, then i probably am. But seriously if you don't like the taste of the water, just give it to your plants and get urself some more, but i don't think there is any harm in drinking it.

Comment

Alright i was just sitting in front of the computer and decided to drink some water. I did not realize i picked up a day old glass of water. It tasted disgusting, EWWWW!

Ok, ok, i'm getting to the question!

The water i just drank was still water which is a day old. Still water is considered haraam to drink. Isn't it?

Second part of my question is that if still water is haraam what about the water in the fridge we store to cool off?

Its 4:34 AM in the morning I'm not sure if i've asked a valid question or not but my brain gave up on me about 2 hours ago. So y'all give this a shot.

CocoNut:
                Yaar do us all a favor,..and change your Maulvi,....That Maulvi seems to be too obbessed with Fatwas,...and Haraam/Halaal Things.......
                If your Islam comes down to Water being Halaal or Haraam,..then We Can pray for ya,....I hope you are not making fun of Islam,......If you are then,...........>>>>>

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Logic and common sense I can understand, beleive me I think the same way, if the water is old then I don't drink it knowingly. I have heard this from a few people that still water is haraam thats why i'm asking y'all.

Tariq786USA: Its better to ask questions rather than staying ignorant don't you think so?

And why on earth would I make fun of Islam. Its the ONE God given religion that makes sense on this earth without any loop holes or overlaps. By the way, if you haven't noticed, it is my religion as well.

I'd rather not change my nick for the sake of y'all to Imam/Maulvi. It doesn't suit me, frankly I don't deserve that dignified stature. Thank you for recommending it though.

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Logic and common sense I can understand, beleive me I think the same way, if the water is old then I don't drink it knowingly. I have heard this from a few people that still water is haraam thats why i'm asking y'all.

Tariq786USA: Its better to ask questions rather than staying ignorant don't you think so?

And why on earth would I make fun of Islam. Its the ONE God given religion that makes sense on this earth without any loop holes or overlaps. By the way, if you haven't noticed, it is my religion as well.

I'd rather not change my nick for the sake of y'all to Imam/Maulvi. It doesn't suit me, frankly I don't deserve that dignified stature. Thank you for recommending it though.
                    I don't think Mr Tariq asked you to change your nick ... he suggested that you change molvi whom you ask your questions.

Stagnant water is not considered "pure". So all the water we get (in Karachi or US) is from lakes... oops, we've been drinking stagnant water all our lives. But after chemical processing it attains so level of purity (i'm not saying purity = pure H2O only).

Flowing water is considered better for your health. so if you can get water from a source like stream (natural) its better, otherwise drink what you can get best.

as suggested by others, all food in pots/containers which is not subject to immediate consumption should be covered.

------------------
                    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by waleed:
                      hm gd point but i think that the thing about still water was/is more for travelers who have no water and see a stream or a pudel and if the water is not moving then they cant drink it.
                      ps this is only my humble opinion
                      I think waleed had provided the answer in the beginning here we are talking reverse osmosis and all

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                        I think waleed had provided the answer in the beginning here we are talking reverse osmosis and all

yaar y r u embaracing me i am new here hahaha revirse osmosis hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                        X