Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Saudi Muslim get less punishment for killing non-muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Saudi Muslim get less punishment for killing non-muslim?

I have a question. I just read that in saudi, if a muslim kills christian, he gets less punishment than what he would get for killing muslim and if he kills hindu, even less punishment.
    is it true? what is islaic law?

daymmnnn...that's a sweet deal...jokes ya'll

anyway...i alwayz thought that murdering anyone regardless of faith was wrong...cuz it's not like ure doing jihad, and it probably is personal

------------------
    "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
    Anonymous

Comment

Where did u read that?

The punishment is the same across the board. The intensity of the punishment differs based on the intent. As far as maliciously intended murder is concerned, for that, whether a muslim kills a muslim, or a muslim kills a non muslim, the punishment is the same.
      And to elaborate on that further, if a non muslim kills a non muslim, the same applies to him/her as well. That shows u that the law is not limited to people following Islam only. It covers the whole society.

Comment

There are multitude of Saudi Arabian Laws that are different for Muslims and Non Muslims; e.g., a non-Muslim cannot preach his religion in Saudi Arabia, while a Muslim can. Not only religious differentiation, but some laws there are gender specific as well, e.g., the Children of a Saudi Woman married to a Non-Saudi will not be entitled to Saudi Citizenship, but for children of Male Saudi married to a foreigner will be. All the Judges in Saudi Arabia come from one small remote village in Taif (Northwest) and they have their own interpretation of the Islamic Laws. These judges do not allow any other judge to become part of the judicial system, and they particularly ďHateĒ Judges who come from Mecca.

And we all know about the Driving Laws.

Comment

NYahamadi,

Your info about the Non Muslims preaching is correct but you forget to mention in public. Did you know Muslims them selves cannot do tabhlegue in Saudi Arabia? And where did you get the info about the Judges , if you donít like Saudis just say so but donít make up stories and believe what you here.

Comment

TAZZ, are you saying that non-Muslims can preach in Ďprivateí? My info about the judges comes after reading 10s of books on legal matters. Where did you read that I hate Saudis? If you have a comprehension problem, get some help. I can also suggest to you to find out where (what school of thought)the Judges in Saudi Arabia come from. And let us all know what you find.

Comment

What 10 books did you read i need to know where are you getting your info from. I lived there for 20 years and you can learn a lot form living in the culture.

Comment

TAZZ..10s of books, not 10 (but dozens). I also lived there, but that does not tell you jack about Saudi Arabia. How many Saudi Weddings did you attend in 20 years living there? Can you name 3 Saudi Dishes? Saudis are the most insular of people, and generally speaking, they donít mix with foreigners working and living there.

Comment

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
                  There are multitude of Saudi Arabian Laws that are different for Muslims and Non Muslims.
                  But thats simply because the whole country is run on Islamic Shariat laws. Whether or not we agree with their implementation, or the method of their implementation is a different story. But the system is centered around Islam, so naturally anything going against Islam will not be allowed there, much like any other country and any other government.

As for the death penalty, the punishment is the same, whether muslim-muslim, or muslim-nonmuslim.

Comment

So you cannot name 10 books out of 10s, Yes i can give you all the info you want and some more. I guess you are the one who did not mingle with the saudi population. I dont want to start an argument here just post some facts not theories

Comment

But thats simply because the whole country is run on Islamic Shariat laws. Whether or not we agree with their implementation, or the method of their implementation is a different story.

So if the system is based on Islamic Shariat law it discriminates aganist non-muslims and women..based on implementation whatever that means and nobody has right to question it or critisize the inequality and unfairness practiced openly..

Comment

TAZZ, for simple minds such as yours, books wonít do. I asked you to name 3 dishes, and you are going around in circles? I mingled with the bureaucrats at their houses, the way they treat their servants (mostly poor Asians, from Philippines, to Bangladesh, to Pakistan) tells you a lot about the essence of their Islamic (so called) laws. Now letís hear how many local weddings did you attend, did you make any Saudi Friends with whom you are still in contact? My cousin attended Petromen Uni for 5 years and he barely speaks a word of Arabic. Donít jack up your knowledge about the snake pit, which is not open to foreigners. But things might change there some day.

If you are interested in reading about Saudi Laws, pick up Foxxman, and read to your heartís content. He is the foremost authority on Shariaa, as practiced in Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                          So if the system is based on Islamic Shariat law it discriminates aganist non-muslims and women
                          If the system is based on Islamic Law, it means that anyone who goes against the law will be taken to task, whether muslim, non muslim, woman or man.
                          A law is a law, and if u dont follow it, you will be punished for it. Is that a hard concept to grasp?

Comment

NYA since you wont leave this thing of my knowledge about Saudi Arabia, Let me tell you about my favorite dishes Kabsa, Mutabakah, Foouel, Shawarma, kibbi etcÖ. As far as the weddings are concerned well I donít know, I canít remember exactly may be khamsakamseen (55). As far as friends may be by now you got the idea. And yes I do have contact with them, since I visit my parents in Jeddah every year. Do you need their #ís too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                              So if the system is based on Islamic Shariat law it discriminates aganist non-muslims and women..based on implementation whatever that means and nobody has right to question it or critisize the inequality and unfairness practiced openly..
                              Correct me if I maybe wrong. But what I understand from Rani's post is that; she is enquiring wether anyone has any right to question the law (Islamic shariat) if some non-Muslim is discriminates because of the implementation of the Islamic Law.

To answer your question Rani, the purpose of Islamic Law is no different than any other law. It is to maintain an order in the society with fairness for all. It is not suppose to be discriminating.

Comment

Working...
                              X