Beating up your Parents!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beating up your Parents!!

haha you all must be Freaked out, but its true i know a lot of muslims kids who fight back to there parents and curse all that stuff now whats in for theM????!!!

Well its almost mentioned everywhere in the Quran not to disrespect your parents. Whats in store for those who displease their parents? Lets just put it this way, they raise hell for their parents in this world and in the here after hell will be raised upon them. Simple ain't it.

Or if you want more then ummm. . . . a question was asked to our Prophet regarding our parents on repayment of parenthood. Basically you can't repay your parents through your entire life, no matter how many good deeds you do to please them. But it is good that your trying and will be rewarded accordingly.

Saadia will be able to help you with the quotes. You know which one I'm talking about Saadia, where it is reported that our Prophets response was "your mother, your mother your mother and then your father".

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

The title of this thread honestly makes me cringe. I can't imagine that.

As Coconut stated, there are many hadiths as well as ayaats of the Quran that impress upon us our duty, and obligation to our parents.

'We have made it a duty for man to be good to his partents. His mother bears him with one fainting spell after another fainting spell, while his weaning takes two years. Thank me as well as your parents; towards Me lies the Goal.'(31:14)

'Your Lord has ordered that you worship none but Him and (show) kindness to your parents, whether either of them or both of them atttain old age in your life, never say to them, 'Ough' nor be harsh to them, but speak to them kindly. And serve them with tenderness and humility and say: My Lord have mercy on them, just as they cared for me as a little child.' (17:23-24)

Those are only a few verses of many, which stress our duty to our parents, in the Quran.

Comment

It is narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah postpones the punishment for one's sins till the Day of Judgment if He so desires. But He award the punishment for disobeying the parents during this life, before his death."(Authentic, Al-Hakim) This means that the disobedient children will be punished twice; once in this world and
        secondly in the Hereafter.

-----

In the hadeeth narrated by Thauban, the Prophet (PBUH) indicated that the following three major sins can nullify all other virtues:
        Ascribing partners with Allah, disobedience to parents and fleeing from Jihad.

-----

Once, when the Prophet(PBUH) was talking to his companions a man came and addressed him, "O Messenger of Allah ! A young man is breathing his last. People are asking him to recite Shahadah but he is unable to do so." The Prophet(PBUH) asked, "Did this man offer salah (during his life)?" The answer was yes. Then he accompanied the man to the
        house of the dying young man along with others present at the time.
        The man was at the end of his life's journey. The Messenger of Allah advised him to offer the Shahadah. The man replied that he was unable to do so as the words would not come out of his mouth. He (PBUH) then called for the mother of the dying man whom he had disobeyed persistently. When his aged mother approached the scene, the Prophet (PBUH) asked, 'Respected lady, is he your son?" She replied yes. He then asked her a question, "O respected lady, if we
        threaten to throw your son into a raging fire, would you recommend him to be forgiven?" The lady replied that she would definitely do so at that time. The Prophet(PBUH) then said to her, "If so, declare,
        making Allah and me your witnesses, that you are mow pleased with him." The old woman readily declared, "O Allah, you and your
        Messenger be my witness that I am pleased with this beloved son of mine."

Just after that, the Prophet (PBUH) turned to the dying man and asked him to recite, "There is no god but Allah, He is the One and has no partners and I witness that Muhammad is His Servant and Messenger."
        By the virtue of the forgiveness of his mother, he found the words flowing out of his mouth and he recited the Shahadah. Seeing this, the Prophet (PBUH) praised Almighty Allah and thanked Him saying, "Thanks to Almighty Allah that He saved this man from the fearful fire of Hell through me." (Tabarani and Ahmad).

Acknowledging the great favor of the parents is central to our success in being right with them, as they are the cause of our existence. It will enable us to see ihsan towards the parents as a sign of a healthy,
        natural disposition.

Comment

Coconut:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A person came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and asked, "Who among people is most deserving of my fine treatment?'' He (PBUH) said, "Your mother". He again asked, ``Who next?'' "Your mother", the Prophet (PBUH) replied again. He asked, "Who next?'' He (the Prophet (PBUH)) said again, "Your mother.'' He again asked, "Then who?'' Thereupon he (PBUH) said,'' Then your father.''

Comment

Thanks GUys For your Help..

Comment

Just in case you guys may care to know...

Hinduism always places these things in the following order:

1. Mother
              2. Father
              3. Guru (teacher)
              4. God

However, if your duty involves killing of your mother, you should not attach your feelings of love wit it and whole heartedly kill her!

It is your duty, the Karma, that is more important. Deciding what is your duty puts us in this beautiful world of human ethics, morals, dilemmas, and unanswerable issues.

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                It is your duty, the Karma, that is more important. Deciding what is your duty puts us in this beautiful world of human ethics, morals, dilemmas, and unanswerable issues.
                Interesting input. Thanks for contributing kumar.

One question....how do you figure out what your duty is? For Muslims, duty is quite clearly defined by the Quran.

Comment

Originally posted by WaveRider:
                  haha you all must be Freaked out, but its true i know a lot of muslims kids who fight back to there parents and curse all that stuff now whats in for theM????!!!
                  I shivered when i saw this thread. Its true. I have seen a lot.
                  My parents deserve a better girl than me

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
                    Just in case you guys may care to know...
                    .....However, if your duty involves killing of your mother, you should not attach your feelings of love wit it and whole heartedly kill her!
                    Can you give us some example for the type of duty..pls.

Comment

Originally posted by babydoll:
                      Can you give us some example for the type of duty..pls.
                      1. If you are the executioner in a Government prison, and the goverment has ordered your mother to be executed.

2. If you are a soldier fighting for your nation and then you realize that your mother is fighting for the enemy.

3. If you are a judge delivering the judgement on a serious offence by your mother.

The above are a few examples....

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
                        Interesting input. Thanks for contributing kumar.

One question....how do you figure out what your duty is? For Muslims, duty is quite clearly defined by the Quran.
                        We Hinds believe that duty cannot be defined in a writted book. No book can ever be complete in descriving the duties of differentm persons/professions, because they continuously change and evolve.

Hinduism permits change. In fact it encourages changes to fit the time it is being implemented.

Thus, dty is not defined. In determining what is your duty lies the beautiful human world of morals, ethics, emotions, dillemas and unanswerable issues.

In essence, my answer to your question is, "It depends!"

Comment

Working...
                        X