Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This crossed my mind while showering . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This crossed my mind while showering . . .

Well, yeah most of you will say "thanks for the info that this thought crosed your mind while showering" but the main question at hand is about Ghusl, wudu and staying PAAK.

Well, I've come across people who say after doing ghusl during the shower you are PAAK (cleanse urself spiritually and physically).

Then some say you [i]DO NOT[/] have to do wudu after ghusl because your clean.

Now I'm trying to make sense of it here.

During the shower, you are cleaning yourself, doing ghusl and after that your clean. Ok, its given your clean, but you come out from behind the shower curtains nude to dry yourself then put your clothes on; so your wudu is not valid at that time because it is required for males to cover from below the navel to the knees in order to have wudu and for females well you get my point.

So how can they say that you DO NOT HAVE TO DO WUDU after a shower which includes ghusl?

For crying out loud, YOUR NAKED after the cleansing process so how can u still have wudu to pray?!?

Can someone explain this to me?

P.S. Try not to use copy paste . . . its just sometimes a bunch of ramble not proving anything at all.

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Let me verify if I got it correctly. Are you saying that you are spiritualy and physically unclean since you were naked in the privacy of your own bathroom after taking a shower?
    So after shower if one wears underwear then does wudu he becomes spiritually clean?
    What if that underwwear was not clean? I know you washed it yourself but still how clean can you wash? there is always some dirt.

Comment

From what I know, the prescribed way to perform a ghussal includes washing of ur body in the same order as is done in ablution. If its not done in that order, then yes, u have to redo ur wuzu. But if u shower in the prescribed way and order, then u dont have to perform wuzu afterwards. Being undressed doesnt matter.

Comment

Uffo,

Najoomi and to the rest who will read this:

In the privacy of your own bathroom after spiritually and physically cleansing yourself (my question was) WHY IS ONE NOT REQUIRED TO DO ABOLUTION (WUDU)?

There is a certain requirement for the Abolution to be valid and that is covering specific parts of your body.

Therefore, after coming out of the shower you are not covered. Meaning you can't just continue with namaaz without performing abolution. Yet some say its perfectly alright not to perform abolution.

Is that clear enough now?

I hope y'all can answer my question

As for the later part of your question Najoomi. I've been taught you usually make your clothes clean in the wash cycle by making them PAAK.

And if there is always some dirt left, well then in that case you've done your duty to be the cleanest as possible but you are not aware of that dirt. I hope that covers it Najoomi

------------------
        Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Akif sahab, but your in the NUDE. Wouldn't that account for something? Then why set standards to make people wear clothes covering certain parts in order for wudu to be valid.

Can you clarify that please

Thank You

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Coconut...I may be wrong on this...there are two issues here. Shower, and Ablution.

Shower is required in order to remove 'najasat'. Ablution is required in order to pray.
            Now the prescribed way of taking a shower includes pouring water on ur body in the same succession as u do during ablution..i-e 3 times on the right side, 3 times on the left. And in the process, you fulfill all the 'obligations' of ablution.

Remember, there are only a handful obligations of ablution. Being completely dressed isnt one of them. The obligations of ablution include washing ur hands once, gargling once, rinsing ur nose once, washing ur face once, washing ur arms upto the elbow, again once, washing ur feet once. Anything beyond that is a sunnah, the absence of which does not negate the validity of the ablution. Factors like washing ur hands 3 times, or rinsing the back of your ears etc are all optional..and so is being dressed.
            Though I may be wrong on this, but this is from what I know....that a proper shower precludes the need for an ablution after that.

Comment

I strongly belive that if you change clothes or are nated, then you wadu is not vaid and you have to perform it again before prayers. coconut has a vaid point, forget about the shower. You are naked during and after it. So when you get dressed you have to do wadu so that you can perform salat.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZZ:
                I strongly belive that if you change clothes or are nated, then you wadu is not vaid and you have to perform it again before prayers. coconut has a vaid point, forget about the shower. You are naked during and after it. So when you get dressed you have to do wadu so that you can perform salat.
                brothers n Sisters, AoA,

please read a good book about prayer and wudu issues. there is NO requirement to have proper coverage while doing wudu. check the reasons how your wudu becomes invalid: some of the reasons of wudu / ablution being invalid are:
                1 bleeding
                2 fluids excretion from body
                3 passing out gas from anus
                4 vomiting (when the vomiting by full mouth)
                5 sleeping (even a short nap with some back support)
                6 answering to nature's call (urine/faeces excretion)
                7 you performed wudu/ablution while a part that had to be washed was covered (in part) by something which prohibited waters passage to the part (like nail polish, flour in nails) unless something was required for medical reasons

but there is no REQUIREMENT that you have to be covered. coverage requirement is for PRAYER that YOU HAVE TO BE COVERED properly while saying prayers and it will be voided if some part (mandatory) was uncovered while praying.

------------------
                We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

CocoNut, where did you read about this? Or is it just what you heard?

Because from what I know, I think being dressed is not a requirement for wuzu in the first place (as pointed out already). And also from what I know, you don't need to do Wuzu after you have done ghusal. Changing clothes doesn't brake the wuzu either.

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum,

To my knowledge I have never come across any evidence from Quran and Sunnah that says if youre naked then your wudhu is not valid. Your wudhu does however become invalid if you touch your private parts. So according to Shafi opinion if you do your ghusl which includes wudhu and don't break your wudhu by the things that break it i.e. najasha, urinate, pass wind, sleep etc the you are in perfect form to pray and Islamically clean to perform the ritual acts. Inshallah this helps I will try and find out more info as I have some good books at home and get bakc to you soon. Wassalam

Comment

What about the ghusl of a dead body? Is that not naked and still in a state of wudu?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hot Chilly Peppa:
                        Assalamu Alaykum,

To my knowledge I have never come across any evidence from Quran and Sunnah that says if youre naked then your wudhu is not valid. Your wudhu does however become invalid if you touch your private parts. So according to Shafi opinion if you do your ghusl which includes wudhu and don't break your wudhu by the things that break it i.e. najasha, urinate, pass wind, sleep etc the you are in perfect form to pray and Islamically clean to perform the ritual acts. Inshallah this helps I will try and find out more info as I have some good books at home and get bakc to you soon. Wassalam
                        oh yes, it was important to mention that the opinion I expressed was of "Hanafi".
                        in "hanafi" path touching your private parts or private parts of others (spouse or kids or patients) doesn't invalidate (break) your wudu.

Muzna: i think we are discussing wudu of alive person who has to say prayer after wudu (or purposes). dead people only need a ghusl, not worry whether their body retains wudu or not.

------------------
                        We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Muzna brings a valid question to the discussion becuase the dead is naked as well while wudu is being performed on them.

As for the rest of you who have asked me where I've read this, well this is what i have been taught. Recently I just thought that you have about covering yourself.

I think its about time to do some copy and pasting. Since we do need some hardcore proof to strenghthen our belief(s).

There are already 2 point of views here.

One side says, your wudu is valid when your naked and the other says your wudu is invalid when your naked.

So lets see where does this lead? Anyone got any quotes from the Quran or Sahih-ul-Bukhari?

As for the Shahfi and Hanafi, well both are valid. So, just for the sake of argument, state which school of thought does your opinion belong to.

Thanks for the response guys.

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

Anything you do , depends , why you did it. Do not go into unecessary details or do not make it wudu an issue. Just do it and say your prayers, Allah is there to judge. You are told to do wudu before prayers, so do it and do your best. If you are not satisfied by showering go ahead do it again after you are dressed.Allah knows you the best inside and outside, nothing is concealed from him. He can even read your thoughts. So, when you wudu He knows what you did and why you did. As long as, you are washing your body parts you are supposed to, you are OK. You did the ablution while you were naked or dressed. You did for Allah.
                            You can complicate this simple thing if you want to. What should be temprature of water, should it be from a pond or from a faucet, should it be hard water or soft water blah blah...
                            P.S. Ablution is a pre-requsite for your prayer, so that you can clean yourself before you can pray infront of ALLAH PAK.

------------------
                            [Sultan]

Comment

Humans and Jinns were created for one purpose and one purpose only. That is to worship Allah SWTA.

In order to do worship we must be in a state of purity. This is a right that belongs to Salaat and Qur'aan.

Different Schools of Thought give different opinions on the breaking and validation of Wudu and Ghusl.

What we must realise is that the Qur'aan instructs us not to go to the Extreme or places difficulty's beyond capability in any subject or practice:

005.007 O ye who believe! when ye prepare for prayer, wash your faces, and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; Rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. If ye are in a state of ceremonial impurity, bathe your whole body. But if ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands, Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete his favour to you, that ye may be grateful.

If we start to get very finicky with issues that are pretty simple, we will tend to lose sight of the ultimate goal and make life very difficult for us and future generations of Muslims.

Comment

Working...
                              X