Let me ask please........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me ask please........

"Ulema"from every sect. of Muslims are agreed that date of death of the Holy Prophet is 12th Rabi-ul-awwal.But no one date of birth is agreed upon;as some say 8th, some say 9th and some others say it was 12th of Rabi-ul-awwal.
    Then ,on 12th Rabi-ul-awwal,why we "celebrate" Eid Meelad-un-Nabi on 12th?
    I will welcome logical answers.

[This message has been edited by Afia (edited June 22, 2001).]

Isn't it mentioned in Quran? I don't know, but if it is, they it should rest the case!

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited June 22, 2001).]

Comment

Stick to the subject matter please.

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited June 22, 2001).]

Comment

I'm just surprised to see what's going on here,I just wanted simple answer .If you don't know,don't start a new discussion then.Otherwise I request admin to close this thread.
        NOTE:If somebody knows right answer pleeeease e-mail me.

Comment

Well there is no certainty regarding Prophet SAWs birthdate. The month is agreed upon as Rabiul awwal, but the date is questioned by different people based on different beliefs.

Why do then people celebrate 'eid milaad al nabi' on the 12th? beats me.

Another question could be...if he died on the 12th as well, why dont the celebrate his 'barsi' on the 12th as well?

Comment

Thanks Akif,
            at least you took it seriously.
            Now here are two questions,if somebody knows!

Comment

One reason for the inaccuracy is that there was some different system of reckoning dates at that time, the Hijri calendar was established after His(sa) migration from Mecca to Medina. The date conversion might have caused this discrepancy.

Well whether He was born on 8th or 18th, for me it doesn’t matter. All I know that this world, the whole universe, in fact was made after Him. If He was not born, there was no creation either.

So its not like mothers day, or fathers day, i would say one particular day in the whole year to celebrate would be very unjust for that personality…. every day belongs to Him…. everyday is eid-milad-nabbi…

Today its Friday.. the most blessed day of the week... lets send as much Darood on Him(sa) as we can…
              • allahumma sallay ala muhammadin wa ala alay muhammadin
                kama sallaita ala ibraheema wa ala alay ibraheema innaka hameedum majeed
                allahumma barik ala muhammadin wa ala alay muhammadin
                kama barakta ala ibraheema wa ala alay ibraheema innaka hameedum majeed
              wa’salam

[This message has been edited by Zalim (edited June 22, 2001).]
              zameen tumhara kuch nahin bigar sakhtee, ger aasman say taluq pukhta ho....

Comment

Mr hajana has tendency to cry about ahmedi/qadiani wherever there is a slight discussion/reference to religion, just ignore his comments.

Mr Akif said it right. There is no "SOLID" proof or agreed upon date of arrival of Prophet Mohammed PBUH. Brelvi people beleive that it is 12th rabbi-ul-awwal so they celebrate it on that day. Yes, he departed on 12th rabbi-ul-awwal, that is confirmed... why not celebrate his "barsi"... no clue. The only hadith brelvi folk use to support their claim is one in which prophet Mohammed PBUH told someone why he fasted on Mondays... one of the reason he fasted on Mondays was the he was born on Monday (I don't know how authentic/weak this hadith is).

Mr Kumarakn, if his birthday was so important for the religion, it would have been mentioned in Quran and there wouldn't have been any doubt. But, there stands no significance of the day he arrived.... the only significance is that he arrived and with a very important message for humanity.

------------------
                We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Changez_like:
                  Mr Kumarakn, if his birthday was so important for the religion, it would have been mentioned in Quran and there wouldn't have been any doubt. But, there stands no significance of the day he arrived.... the only significance is that he arrived and with a very important message for humanity.
                  [QUOTE]

Then why do you guys celebrate or give significance to his death? Isn't the message more important than the death?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by kumarakn:
                    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Changez_like:

Then why do you guys celebrate or give significance to his death? Isn't the message more important than the death?
                    not everyone gives significance to birth or death... one sect in particular does it, not all.

------------------
                    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                      not everyone gives significance to birth or death... one sect in particular does it, not all.

Ok then!If somebody from"particular"sect can tell me........?
                      Actually this question is disturbing me for a long time..!

Comment

Dear Afia,
                        I think the majority of ulama take 12 rabiul-awwal as Prophet date of birth and death. The date, I don't think it's a big deal. In fact I too have 2 date of birth ; one is according to Islamic calendar and another one according to Gregorian date. If someone remembers my birthday (any date), we celebrate and if not, we don't
                        Will there be any harm if we celebrate prophet birthday by having community gathering and some religious thingy....? I say it is good for people to celebrate prophet's birthday and encourage people to remember him.

------------------
                        **call me baby**

Comment

Question..where does it say that we are supposed to celebrate the Prophet's birthday??? How can you celebrate his birthday when he did not do it himself?

------------------
                          "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
                          22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

i totally agree... hinnah....if Mohammad PBUH didn't celebrated his own birthday or the people following him didn;t celebrated his barsi...then why r v doing it beats me.. neways..afia.. there is no proof of the exact date and celebrating eid milad un nabi is not right caz in Qura'n it says that muslim ummah has only 2 eids to celebrate.. eid ul adha and eid ul baqra...where is the refrence for the third eid?

Comment

Hina,
                              Question..where does it say that we are supposed to celebrate the Prophet's birthday???
                              >>Is it stated somewhere that we cant celebrate his birthday?

How can you celebrate his birthday when he did not do it himself?
                              >>Does anyone celebrate his/her own birthday?

------------------
                              **call me baby**

Comment

Working...
                              X