Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this true?

erm so?
    one should always be wearing something while taking a shower?

my dadi amma wears this nighty thingie when taking a shower which i find really very funny

but according to her it is said in islam

but she hardly makes any sense she belongs to the jammaat
    alrite no offence to any jamaats i just think they dont need to make a seperate party and go their way

forget the jamaatis

so whats the verdict on this whole wearing something while showering thing??

According to the knowledge I have, I havent read anything like this. Read hadithes on how the Prophet used to perform ghusl, but never read anything on that on should wear anything while taking a shower. Wear the labas of sharm-o-haya ?

------------------
    ~Survival of the smartest~

Comment

Just wear the skin and take the shower with as much liberty as you can as long as it's not in public. There is no harm.

Comment

It's a matter of personal choice. There is no harm in doing so in a private bathroom -as opposed to a community bathroom. There would be a problem, of course, if the facility of bathing was not private in which case s/he may have no other option but to cover themselves to a degree.

------------------
        They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

Well I've heard the same. Almost everyone in my family covers themselves while showering. It has been said that Jinns lurk around washrooms and it's better to be covered. I'll try to find more info on it.

------------------
          "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
          22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Another cultural thing/personal choice, never read anything about it in the KoraaN or Ahaadeeths.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinna:
              Well I've heard the same. Almost everyone in my family covers themselves while showering. It has been said that Jinns lurk around washrooms and it's better to be covered. I'll try to find more info on it.

cant jins then "lurk" inside ones clothing then?!?!?...

------------------
              Guy with the Urdu Custom Title :~P

Comment

In many Arab countries, in Iran, and some other Eastern Europe the people from very old times used to go towards the communal bath house for a shower or 'Ghusal'. In fact there are still places around the world where men go to their bath together, completely naked, and so is the case in women's bath rooms.

It was this perspective that Islam likes the people to wear something, rather than taking a bath completely naked. But in these days the bath rooms are completely closed, and no one goes there to have a shower when others are present too. So in this changed situation there cannot be any logic to cover onesself with something.

[This message has been edited by NMK Hajana (edited June 17, 2001).]

Comment

For Allahs Sake your in the shower!!! And your Always alone(from a human view)there is no bad in that. as for jinn we don't really know if they are there!!!!

Its just like saying
                  "you should change your clothes without showing your Skin"which is a bit stupid!!!

Comment

Who-me, you're right, Jinn are everywhere. There could be one right next to you and you wouldn't even know.

I've got someone asking a Shaikh about this matter and I will relay the info as soon as I get it.

Shah Jahan...we're never alone. Allah swt is always with us. Also the devil is always around.

------------------
                    "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."

[This message has been edited by Hinna (edited June 17, 2001).]
                    22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Shah Jahan...we're never alone. Allah swt is always with us. Also the devil is always around.

Read again i said a human point of view(that means sight smell and other senses don't detect him but he is there never the less)

Anywas Allah can see through us(clothes and all) so that does not count we are always Shown to him!!!

Comment

well some people use to sing in washrooms so as to tell others that there is no kunDi in the door.

if there is any other reason then bet me black sunglasses works best.
                        **do the rest of the job by tatolification**

and yea hinna I know in olden golden days the jins are so fetish (but now we can beat them)

Comment

There are duaa's for entering and leaving the washroom.

Entering:
                          In the name of ALLAH ! I seek refuge in Thee from the foul male and female devils.

Leaving: (I ask) Thy pardon. Praise to be ALLAH Who relieved me from the suffering and gave me health.

I'm not sure how authentic these two duaa's are.. i've read similar ones in some other book.. i'll try to post the other ones as well.

Comment

According to my knowledge ... i myself have not heard of covering while taking a bath ... All i know is that if we are clean and pure and if our faith is deep ,then jins wouldnt even bother us ... there is no reason to get yourself covered and i have not read it any where in Islamic books or in Quran or Hadees ...

------------------
                            JJ of VS

Comment

I have never heard of it from anyone regarding this... Well.. the reason of taking a shower or bath is to clean yourself and if you want to clean yourself then you can't be wearing clothes... I wouldn't say that your mum is wrong as I am not in the position to say so but the common sense tells me to have shower and clean yourself which is only possible when you are not wearing anything...

Comment

Working...
                              X