Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SALMAN RUSHDIES BOOK

asslamalaikum,

has anyone read Salman Rushdies book "Satanic Verses" ? (im not sure whether that is what its called)

i was interested in knowing what he wrote in there. i dont want to go out and buy the book because that'd be of benefit to him right?

so if anyone knows anything about what he wrote then let me know

Salman Rushdie is a modern day Bukhari and like the title of the book says, he made fun of the religion. I wonder who funded his project.

------------------
    Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

Originally posted by amy:
      Salman Rushdie is a modern day Bukhari and like the title of the book says, he made fun of the religion. I wonder who funded his project.

. how dare u compare hadith of the Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him) with the Satanic Verses.

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited June 10, 2001).]

Comment

I agree 100% with Shehzaada, but without resorting to the name-calling.
        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
        Al-Ghazali

Comment

I think amy is a very disturbed and disoriented person. May Allah show her the right path.

------------------
          ~Survival of the smartest~

Comment

Originally posted by aMiGo:
            I think amy is a very disturbed and disoriented person. May Allah show her the right path.

Ameen

Comment

Amy has confirmed to all of us that she or he is a Non Believer. So Brothers and Sisters please do not fall for the bait.

I've had my suspicions about her/him and have been playing along with the game.

For starters, Amy does not accept the Sunnah, has learnt how to pray via the Qur'aan despite no Ayat showing us the motions etc, categorically denies the A'Hadeeth. Does not pray 5 times a day as he/she believes that it is not compulsory, so sometimes he/she prays once or 15 times a day. Amy also believes that you do not have to attend any form of Madrasah,Masjid, School or Daw'ah centre in order to learn. Islam is all self taught. Amy does not believe in the Prophet PBUH's last sermon as A'Hadeeth would have to be brought in to confirm. The list goes on and on.

Amy is comparing Salman Rushdie to Imaam Bukhari, obviously to get under the Muslims skin. This really sums up his/her intelligence

Now that Amy has been exposed, he/she will come back making comments similar to' you are not my judge etc..... how do you know I'm not a Muslim...... I do accept the Qur'aan etc..... you are the Non Believer here.......I have a right to believe what I want.......prove to me where in the Qur'aan it says..... etc etc.

Just watch this space.

Believe me when I say that I have come across many wannabees similar to Amy.

I know exactly who Amy follows, but will leave this for some other time as I think we all get the Jist.

Getting back to the point'The Satanic Verses' basically blasphemes the Prophet PBUH by using his identity in India, with a name change and states that he was possessd and revelation was bought down to this personality via Satan. In addition this personality was a drunkard , womaniser etc etc.

It's definitely not the worth purchasing, however if you must, feel free to buy.

I'm sure Amy will take the book of your hands once you've finished with it, so that he/she may cherish the (masterpiece), in his/hers eyes.

Comment

I agree with you.

Amy is one deranged individual.

Now Amy, no obscene e-mails to my account - ok ?

Good girl.

Comment

I have not read the referred book and am therefore not in a position to comment on it. Moreover, because the author of the book has presented it as a piece of literature, rather than history, therefore, I would not feel comfortable on commenting on the book, because a “piece of literature” may or may not be offensive, depending upon the exact words used and the context and tone of the passages.

------------------
                  They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

[This message has been edited by Mr Partypooper (edited June 10, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by aMiGo:

May Allah show her the right path.
                    May Allah show "us all" the right path.

------------------
                    They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

'The Satanic Verses' is insulting and blasphemus, no matter which way you look at it.

I would wholeheartedly reccommend that after you have read 'The Satanic Verses', please read 'Be Careful With Muhammad' - The Salman Rushdie Affair by Shabbir Akhtar. This is in direct response to Salman's book and really does open up your eyes on how the West dealt with the issues, without getting too deep.

Comment

Originally posted by amy:

An interesting article on the khalifite sect:

Complete and total rejection of sunnah.

A *highly* irrational position to take that implies an almost insane rejection of plain old *reality*, not to mention the social construction of human reality.

"Sunnah" is a simple word that means a "way"... that is, a way of doing things, of approaching life, a life-style, a set of characteristics and behaviors.

The Khalifite position on the sunnah is one of the ways in which they reveal themselves as evil. Real evil is rarely blatant--- it is usually subtle, hidden, sneaky. It mixes good things with the bad. It mixes falsehood with truth, thus confusing and seducing people-- even people of good will and sincerity. It especially goes after those who would love Allah, and be among the Creator's friends. It targets those who could be among the foremost of Muslims. There is a saying "The devil can quote Scripture to its own end." Evil can assume a pleasing shape.

All things created, being "not-God" have a degree of imperfection in them, as only Allah is perfect. (This is actually a subtlety-- one can say that creation is perfect *as* creation, but this is not the place for such high-level theology.) One of the traditional signs of evil is to take this element of imperfection and thus label something as "all bad", thus keeping people from the good that is present. This is what Khalifites are doing with the sunnah, or more precisely, they are taking people's imperfect understanding and application of the sunnah as a basis for condemning the whole thing.

A very simple example of this type of a dynamic can be found in chocolate. Most people really like chocolate. It tastes really good, but of course, it is extremely high in fat. It is not a perfect food. Some go to an extreme and thus never eat chocolate because of the fear of fat. They then deny themselves this delicious bit of Allah's creation.

There are certainly problems with how we (Muslims) understand and embody the sunnah of Muhammad. New Muslims especially can be put off by how some embody the sunnah-- i.e. emphasizing beards, Arab- style clothing, use of what I call "hadith bombs" to shut off questions. They may be sympathetic to Khalifites because of this. Christian reverts, in particular, may see much of this as idolization of Muhammad in a way similar to how they used to think of Jesus. Undoubtedly, for some Muslims today, there *is* idolization of Muhammad. There is a truth here... and imperfection.

Khalifites exploit this. They reason from imperfect application to total rejection, but this is not the proper use of reason. (They may say they are arguing from Qur'an, but this is not true as they misinterpret Qur'an. They use both arguments: actual imperfect practice as well as misinterpretation of Qur'an. See below.) It is the same error as those who would reject the ideal of Islam because of, say, the actions of Muslims in the Middle East, or those who reject the ideal of Christianity because of the Inquisition. It is simply invalid, as anyone of average intelligence can see. The Khalifites though, show themselves as evil by their obstinacy in maintaining their position of rejection. Most people are able to clearly see the absurdity and error of logic in this form of argument.

Comment

A1Shah

Please brother, let's just stick to the point on The Satanic Verses and Amy for total rejection of the Sunnah.

Wether it's Caliphate or Imaamat to blame for the evil doings, I'm sure you and me can argue until the cows come home.

You are no fool and neither am I.

Let's await the response of the rejector for the time being.

Comment

Sholay,

I think u have mis-understood the article.

It talks about the sect / group that Amy apparently (note the word "apparently") adheres to. This group rejects all sunnah of the holy apostle (pbuh).

For what its worth.

Comment

Sholay, what a1shah was referring to as the "Khalifite sect" is not, as you misunderstood, those who call for the return of the Khilafat.

What he referred to was the group known as the "Submitters", to whom I am reasonably sure amy subscribes. The group was founded by a man called Dr. Khilafa, hence the term "Khalifite sect". Dr Khilafa was a scholar of Islam who unfortunately became somewhat misguided and advocated total rejection of the Hadith and Sunnah. On a number of principles, the Submitters appear to be in agreement with most scholars of the Sunni and Shia fiqhs, but on a number of other points, they deviate considerably from these fiqhs.

One thing that makes me doubt whether or not amy is a Submitter is that on their website they appear very explicit about alcohol being banned, and yet she seems to attempt to argue the opposite.

Maybe amy herself could clear this up......

[This message has been edited by mAd_ScIeNtIsT (edited June 10, 2001).]
                              Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                              Al-Ghazali

Comment

Working...
                              X