• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dearest Amy

Salaam,
    after reading some of your posts
    I have come to some intriguing questions
    and theories. What sect of Islam are you?
    Are you a Sunni, Shia, Wahabi, Ahmedi?
    Or do you consider yourself a Muslim and
    nothing else... like we all should.
    I would also like to thank you for you
    blunt and straight way of shooting questions and discrepancies .... sorta iconoclastic... nonetheless
    it brings out the thought in our own minds...
    brightens the flame of faith in our hearts...
    when we see people like amy bashing... err
    wrong word... conducting another inquisition
    on practices we conduct today, we feel we are right...
    and the other is wrong.... well that is true...
    Amy... i believe you are still lost.... you
    don't know yourself.... you seem to be in a constant quandary... a dilemma to find who you
    are... in this life... in the after life...
    as a muslim.... I appreciate your questions...
    or your observations.... but please
    being brainwashed is not a good thing...
    Allah swt did reveal the Quran as a final
    testament to mankind... and following what the
    quran says is a priority... no other book... including hadith... should be considered
    a replacement or another choice for the quran... they can be considered a backdrop
    for a greaterinsight as long as it is not contradictory. Imam Bukhari.. the one whos hadiths i read... seems very valid... he had donated his entire life for the betterment of the ummah... he had collected over 300,000 hadiths... of whom 200,000 seemed false... after dreaming about driving away flies from prophet Muhammed pbuh... he interpreted that he must shift through all the hadiths and gather the correct ones. thus after 300,000 he validified 7275 and condensed the list to 2230. Of those, through prayer and constant worshiping... he had then written what we call today Sahih Al-Bukhari. It chronicles the life and time of the prophet including certain rituals and actions to perform. True it is man made... but Muhammed (pbuh)was a man too. Will you not believe what he said... even the last sermon? now the quran that you
    are reading is an interpretation ok...
    try reading a quran that has been translated...
    let me say that again translated. Marmaduke Pikhtall's works are excellent.
    You stated you will read all the "versions" of the quran and make your own decision
    hmmm... why did you pick the one that seems
    to have the greatest discrepancies compared
    to the other translations?
    accept it or not... amy please find the correct
    path... it is only up to you to follow the path
    of Allah... it is your decision... people like us can ultimately influence you....
    so thank you for bearing my longest post.
    and Wasalaam.

------------------
    Mu Hu Hahahahahaha!
    "Quote the Mu,"NeverMu!"

Y2Mu:

You have deposited this tactfully condescending piece, full of advice which is niether solicited nor appreciated.

Your assumptions about me "being brainwashed", "reading the wrong translation" and addition of an adjective to my name, are indignant and smell of arrogance which is a finger print of your poor self-esteem inherited as a part of your, not so complete growing up process.

Your suggestion of a particular author is your choice and in addition to several others, has been known to me for a long time.

My views about hadith are unsullied and easily comprehensible.

My path is quite clear and is leading me exactly to where I have decided to go.

Your misguided belief in the man made religious dogma is a sorry example of your maimed individuality and deficient intellectual capacity and therefore, a major roadblock to influence anyone.

Have a good day !

------------------
    Punjabi Kurhi

[This message has been edited by amy (edited June 13, 2001).]

Comment

Amy

You seem to have a very strong fetish about how people on this Forum were raised and educated.

In line with your assumptions and prejudgements, Can you please confirm to all of us exactly how you were raised and educated?

Please do not answer by 'it's none of your business..... etc etc'.Because when you started the assumptions it opened the avenue for your history. Please educate us, similarily to the way you have already been doing so.

If you do not answer I will understand. Honestly, I do sympathise!

By the way, where does the name Amanda Davies arise from.

Comment

My path is quite clear and is leading me exactly to where I have decided to go.
        you're right there. you must have decided to go to Hell.

Comment

Oh dear what's happening here?

Comment

MFs are still havin' seizures, hahahahaha

------------------
            Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

Amy

Please answer the question.

How were you raised and educated!

The easiest way to avoid an answer, is to dismiss the evidence.

We are waiting.

Comment

refer to my email, that's a piece of literature that you will never forget, hahahaha

------------------
                Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

Originally posted by amy:
                  refer to my email, that's a piece of literature that you will never forget, hahahaha

Amy are you so ashamed of the way you were raised, that you wouldnt share it with any of us. No ones perfect, no one on the forum is including you. Where do you get this utter hatred for ahadith from, if your love for quran is so compelling then why cant so even describe your educational experiences. I feel you've lost the line you were hanging from when you started all this nonense talk of yours.

Maybe you should see a neurologist, you might have a brain clot thats preventing you from grasping or getting something from retrospect.

------------------
                  Its our Wits that make us MEN .... 'Braveheart'

Comment

Amy

I think you should change the subject in order to save face( at least whats left of it), as your stance on A'Hadeeth speaks volumes.

This is what happens when the blind lead the blind who in turn follow blindly and then try to lead.

'When they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe;" but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say: "We are really with you: We (were) only jesting."

002.015 Allah will throw back their mockery on them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (To and fro).

002.016 These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

002.017 Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

002.018 Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

013.016 Say: "Who is the Lord and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth?" Say: "(It is) Allah." Say: "Do ye then take (for worship) protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for good or for harm to themselves?" Say: "Are the blind equal with those who see? Or the depths of darkness equal with light?" Or do they assign to Allah partners who have created (anything) as He has created, so that the creation seemed to them similar? Say: "Allah is the Creator of all things: He is the One, the Supreme and Irresistible."

017.072 But those who were blind in this world, will be blind in the hereafter, and most astray from the Path.

Take heed!

Comment

she is a disturbed lady..i wonder if something happend to her in her childhood cuz thats the excuse they all give u know

Comment

You guys,

Grow Up

I mean all of you, i'm not singling any one person out. This is a place where you can come to discuss, share, learn and yes even debate about religion, spirituality, and other related matters. This is not a place to engage in frivolous and not to mention childish arguements that lead nowhere, except to mudslinging.

This kind of behaviour is not appreciated at all, and it will not be tolerated.

So like I said, grow up.

Comment

Working...
                        X